Resource Reuse Policy Question

Silentdarkness1

Okay, so I have an idea for a fangame(Which i'm keeping to myself for the moment), and I am wondering, what is Klei's policies regarding the re-use of Don't Starve in-game resources (Graphics, music, so on, so forth) for a non-profit project?

If it means anything, I did purchase the soundtrack for DS through humble bundle, I think.

let me guess it's that slender game thing you came up with.

If it has Willow in it I might not say no this time.

Wrong. It's the OTHER fangame idea I mentioned. And ok.

I'm going to guess that they don't care enough for you to worry, especially in case like this.

Sounds like a nice guess, but i'd prefer an official word going yay or nay before I continue planning. If not, then i'll have to mooch for artists Dx

Who should I summon, if at all?

Unfortunately I have to tell you that you can't reuse any of our assets. We will always have to say this because saying anything else could potentially forfeit our rights to that art. Obviously we can't do that. Outside of that we would have to license out the art, and that's not something we are doing. 

But there are tons of awesome artists out there who can help you with that. 

Sorry =(

Unfortunately I have to tell you that you can't reuse any of our assets. We will always have to say this because saying anything else could potentially forfeit our rights to that art. Obviously we can't do that. Outside of that we would have to license out the art, and that's not something we are doing. 

But there are tons of awesome artists out there who can help you with that. 

Sorry =(

Well, thanks for the speedy reply. Saves me a lot of annoyed waiting, and it'll keep me from a legal action problem further down the line. I guess that means i'm looking for an artist for help with a free project, then. *moves to Kleislist*

Archived