Signature length. Is too dang small.

Silentdarkness1

Well I would imagine signatures are meant to be kept short so that their content is never greater than the majority of a person's post. As much as I try to avert it, the majority of my posts rarely take up three lines. Seeing something like "because if Beefalo still pooped that much they'd need a proctologist" along with a signature that said #yolo #swag #Poland #ToyStory3WasJustOk #ThanksObama and on like that for five lines of grey text and some links to a webpage that's in some way related to me it could get pretty out of hand. I imagine most people tend to be the same way in that the majority of their posts are rather short.

Well I would imagine signatures are meant to be kept short so that their content is never greater than the majority of a person's post. As much as I try to avert it, the majority of my posts rarely take up three lines. Seeing something like "because if Beefalo still pooped that much they'd need a proctologist" along with a signature that said #yolo #swag #Poland #ToyStory3WasJustOk #ThanksObama and on like that for five lines of grey text and some links to a webpage that's in some way related to me it could get pretty out of hand. I imagine most people tend to be the same way in that the majority of their posts are rather short.

There's no limit on links :I

I didn't get to keep my Koalefant line in my signature. Wth. I would have much preferred that the five lines was text. And purposefully spammed signatures could be reported. A limit on links, perhaps.

It's odd that they would impose limits like that on signatures when you can just ignore any one signature you don't like. That, taken together with what sirmentlegen said, suggests that this may just be an error. This wouldn't be the first time the rules for what a signature can contain were different for different users.

See, for example, the other thread tagged with 'Signature.'

So, what is up with this? Why am I being punished with such a cursing restriction of signature lines?

I've never gotten a warning point for anything...D:

maybe cuz you're new...er. or maybe cuz it's a bug. for a while, Teo was able to see who liked/disliked what when everyone else couldn't.

maybe cuz you're new...er. or maybe cuz it's a bug. for a while, Teo was able to see who liked/disliked what when everyone else couldn't.

I've been here for years, and I have over 1K posts. Must be bug, then.

Wow. If Simplex has it, then this IS a serious bug. Any chance we could get the word from the hor-er I mean, MAGICAL TITLE FAIRY'S MOUTH? phew. Close one.

Has this forum been around for years?

Why would they limit the number of lines signatures can contain, if you can still put gigantic images in your signature?

if you're one of the shunned, like me, the images have a pixel limit (but so I'm clear, I really don't care lol)

Yes it is, the earliest user was an alt of BigFoot that dates back to 2009.

Ah okay, I never hear about members who were around before the Don't Starve beta. Heck, I don't really hear about anything that was before the Don't Starve beta.

Ah okay, I never hear about members who were around before the Don't Starve beta. Heck, I don't really hear about anything that was before the Don't Starve beta.

The first Don't Starve Players joined around September 2012, although most joined Lats december and this summer. I knew about the game since december but I didn't bother to make an account here until march.

Archived