I have purchase and received my Chrome and Steam keys. I am able to play via Steam, however I can't play via Chrome.

I have added the app via the 'Chrome Store' and signed in but there are no options (buttons) to play the game or enter a key. [see attached screen shot]

I have cleared the browser's cache, cleared history, cleared all app data, etc with no useful results.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

post-3646-13764589495581_thumb.jpg

Excess    55

It's weird you played on Steam before Chrome.

How did you bought the game? Through Steam? Because if that's so, you don't get Chrome keys.

Excess    55

That's what puzzles me. You Don't receive Chrome and Steam keys. you either buy it from Steam and only get Steam keys, or you buy it from Chrome and only get Chrome keys (that you can later convert from within the game).

Toaster Fu    103
That's what puzzles me. You Don't receive Chrome and Steam keys. you either buy it from Steam and only get Steam keys, or you buy it from Chrome and only get Chrome keys (that you can later convert from within the game).

It changed, the converting was for the people who bought it before it came out on steam. You get 2 chrome and 2 steam keys now.

I purchased via the 'PayPal Widget' on the game's main blog. Essentially a Humble Bundle giving me 2 Steam and 2 Chrome keys.

I first tried to play through Chrome without success, then went to Steam. I would much prefer playing through Chrome but I'd like to have both options.

I did indeed wait and wait and wait, hours even, I can't get anywhere past what's shown in the screen shot.

weenaak    10

I had the same issue. Solved it by allowing 3rd party cookies. You can do this by going to Settings, click "show advanced settings", then "content settings" under privacy, then uncheck the "Block third-party cookies and site data" option.

Hope that helps.

I had the same issue. Solved it by allowing 3rd party cookies. You can do this by going to Settings, click "show advanced settings", then "content settings" under privacy, then uncheck the "Block third-party cookies and site data" option.

Hope that helps.

Thank you weenaak but I double checked the settings and I do not have 3rd party cookies blocked, but it's possible I have something blocked elsewhere. Does anybody know what domains/urls the game must access to work in Chrome?

weenaak    10

Contact the dev/support team by using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the forum. I'm new the game and the forums, but in another thread I saw one of the developers ask someone else who was having problems to contact them that way.

Marak    27
Contact the dev/support team by using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the forum. I'm new the game and the forums, but in another thread I saw one of the developers ask someone else who was having problems to contact them that way.

This. Customer Support "tickets" created using the contact button are definitely going to be seen by someone at Klei. Asking for tech support in a thread in the wrong part of the forum? It might get lost in the shuffle and never seen by a Klei representative.

Corey    310
Thank you weenaak but I double checked the settings and I do not have 3rd party cookies blocked, but it's possible I have something blocked elsewhere. Does anybody know what domains/urls the game must access to work in Chrome?

Do you have any Firewall / virus protection / malware / pop-up blocker software running? If so, can you turn them off and try to load the game so we can narrow down why your game isn't loading?

Since you haven't played for a long time, it looks like there are updates for you and the game is not able to download the newest package. If you have the newest build, it should just skip that screen almost immediately.

Corey,

Thank you for your attention to this.

I have disabled all Chrome extensions, my antivirus, my firewall, my HOSTS redirection and still no joy. There is some kind of connection to the server as my email address and the beta build number are visible (as seen in the screen shot.)

I played via Steam just yesterday (12/7/2012) but I'd REALLY prefer to play via Chrome.

-- Thanks again for your help

-- Tim