Unleash the Beast Within (TERMINATED)

Ephyb7

(Whatever happened to waiting for turns? And yes, if you go more than 3 or 4 days without any sort of sleep, period, you can die. Sleep deprivation.

But fine, whatevs. Let's get this...whatever it is, out of the way.)

Edited by Silentdarkness1

(Thank you for the awkward situation you have made, and in exhcange, here's my time to sleep. Sarcastic text is alwasy in purple for me.)

This is a befuddling situation; Torma opened the weakened panel, expecting to see another bloody pig begging for help for forseeing the future, and she sees a stumbled doll-like creature, a group of survivors, and a shy, intimate girl lagging behind in the forest. She stares at the group coldly, then the panel closed forcefully; the sounds of sliding wood is heard, and the nicks of wood hitting wood indicate that the panel is being latched shut.

Torma yelps at the sight of Zs'Skayr passing through the now latched wall. In vain, she tries to push Zs'Skayr back through the wall; after that unsucessful attempt, she takes a step back, calmly. Even if she couldn't do anything, she still has a weapon. Hiding her hands behind her back, groping for the pocket where she keeps her cards, she speaks, directed more so at Zs'Skayr then the group outside, speaking in a forcefully calm voice.

"Just get out. I don't need visitors or beggars today."

(Torma chat is blue!)

Assistance? Interesting. Why would they need the help of a seer? She stops reaching for her pocket, slightly intrigued by the request. She did need a better place to go to; those pigs were getting annoying.. Out of the corner of her eye, however, she sees marked stones, placed in four cardinal directions,lying on a bare trunk. Of course. She snaps back to reality and her hands brush over a rectangular block. The deck of cards.

"Assistance? I'm afraid that I may be little of use to you for today."

The planets alignment was tonight, and she has only one chance to perfect the last card..

"Well...it's not just me, my dear..." He unlocked the panel. "Everyone in!"

Wilson pushed open the panel. "You negotiate like some dictator, Zs'Skayr." "I AM a dictator." "...no use arguing with you is there?" Zs'Skayr grins again, this time in a threatening manner. Wilson shuts his trap. Patchwork walks right on in, noting the woman reaching into her pocket. Her ST tunes into Torma's mind. <Don't mind Zs'Skayr, he's pretty riled up right now. But we do need your help against Them.>

Torma recognizes the same voice that entered her mind during that creeping, orange text segment, and calmsslowly, though she still takes out the deck of cards.

"Sigh. Fine. But what is it that you need?"

Now that the group was inside, they could see how impressive it was; the floor was covered in planks, layering upon one another; a tent is propped up near a carpeted area, worn out and ragged, but still useable. The center of the base had a firepit propped up, arranged in a way so that is was a funnel instead of a circle of stone; a small, hastily made gypsy caravan was leaning in the corner, the wheel taken out. There are three ice boxes right next to two crock pots propped on a stone floor.

Clarity walks in, panting slightly. She wasn't adept at running or really any type of excercise; she wasn't fat, but she never had a lot of stamina.

Edited by Pecival

"Interesting. But what do I get out of it?"

She opens the deck of cards, staring and Clarity. An intriguing little girl, she was. An aura of spirits was wafting off of her, but her aristocratic look reminds her too much of that blasted pig king. Absentmindedly, she pulled out a card slightly, and looked down at it. The words The World stared back at her. She looks at Clarity and back to the card. Interesting. She puts the card back, and looks back towards her requester.

(The World means Change or Abrubt Chaos. hint hint.)

Edited by Pecival

Patchwork listens closely. She thought it over carefully. If she had already beaten the creator, as far as the doll could remember, she could be able to command the rest of her comrades now...and if they were facing up against any bad guys, they could be useful on her reality plane.

Zs'Skayr, however, had already planned ahead...in fact, if one squinted just right, they would notice a thin and transparent purplish veil.

Wilson was a little unsure about having to gain power from Them, but a way off the island...now that was something he desired more than anything. To leave this place, and never return to it.

(Anyone who has played AMR will probably get what Patchwork is planning here. As for Zs'Skayr's plan...well, that's for you guys to try to figure out for yourselves. I'm not giving further spoilers.)

"First of all, your kind can reproduce quickly. Those pinecones are filling up my caravan."

She takes a card out of the deck, and flicks it at the small gateway that Chronos was having trouble getting through. If one looked at the card fast enough, they would see the words The Magician etched in black ink. Immediately after throwing it, Torma lowers her hands, palm open. The cards contacts the wooden wall, obliterating into shreds of papyrus. It appears stagnant, until the walls imitate her hand movement, lowering themselves and burrowing into the ground.

"Disregard that."  She says nochalantly. "And I don't seek power."

Silence.

"Of course I bloody want to leave this living hell." She speaks calmly and softly. "But what does defeating this 'Rustlung' do to help me reach that goal in any way?"

Out of Torma's sight, Clarity sneaks towards the ice boxes. Apparently, she hasn't forgotten about about how hungry she was, and she wants something to cook or eat, a manic glint in her eye.

Edited by Pecival

Zs'Skayr gives Clarity a quick glare of don't even think about it before turning his head to the conversation. "Rustlung happens to be an agent of Them. He's been giving us more hell than this place has been throwing at us."