Art Tennis! [people needed] [rules updated]

Yeah you read it right. If you want to join just PM me with a few of your character details or post here and you'll be on the next turn!

If you have seen any tennis threads before then you'll know how this works. This works via making an story by making a few panels of a comic, then the next person does a few more, then it goes like that.

A few rules:

-You can use your own character, and using the already existing characters of Don't Starve is also allowed.
-No OP stuff. You can have a few supernatural abilities as long as it makes sense with the character and you don't overdo it.

-Wait for your turn. You'll get it eventually. If the next person skips you're allowed to do your turn.
-You can control some actions of other people's character. But plainly killing them is not allowed. Remember to keep the attitude of them!

-Killing your own character is allowed, and can be used as a way to quit the tennis.
-You have two days to get your part done. The turn will be given to the next person if you don't finish on time.

-Do not change situations too quickly. It tends to get confusing and to make the story get senseless.

People participating so far:

-Irontaco
-BlazingIce26

So yeah i'll start by giving some details about my character.

Name: Will

Origin: Italian descent, lives in america.

Personality: He has a warm, social attitude that tends to mask his depressed mind.

Abilities: Extended knowledge about the Don't Starve world due to the time he has been trapped in there. Knows how to persuade people.

Appareance: Caucasian man with black hair directed to the side, a slight stubble, and a big, square-ish jaw, he has a underbite. He tends to wear a long, light brown coat (colour similar to the beefalo) with black pants underneat. He keeps a life amulet in his pocket that his grandfather gave to him back when he was young, he doesn't know the powers of the amulet. below the coat he wears a grey shirt. The coat's arms tend to cover his hands most of the time.

A little backstory: Will used to have a small shop somewhere in America, until he was trapped in the Don't starve world by Maxwell after promising him fortune. He is one of the first victim's of Maxwell''s traps and has spent a lot of his life in the Don't Starve world, he knows Maxwell very well and Maxwell hasn't found a way to dispose of him, yet.

And then the first turn:

119m22o.jpg

Edited by Irontaco
  • Like 5

I was sort of thinking of it having to be related to the Don't Starve atmosphere so that's a tad too random.

But not really you don't have to be good, just enough for it to be able to be understood. And of course you have to draw since that's what an art tennis is about.

Edited by Irontaco

I Might join later, since ive got thanksgiving week off of school, does it matter if its traditional drawings? i don't have anyway of drawing half-decent digital art :/

Edit - Where is all my paper >.<

Edited by Blazingice26

I Might join later, since ive got thanksgiving week off of school, does it matter if its traditional drawings? i don't have anyway of drawing half-decent digital art :/

Edit - Where is all my paper >.<

Yeah, you can do it on paper too, doesn't matter.

Well while i wait for somebody i'll do another page.

it's quite high res you might want to open it on another tab. (EDIT: actually nvm tinypic resized it <<')

2psnkag.jpg

Great comic as always, Love the cliffhanger

Speaking of which, what do you use for your comics?

Mouse, Tablet,

Gimp, Photoshop. Sai?

now i have to make a different one to go along with this one..

Crap.

Edited by Blazingice26

I use a genius brand old drawing tablet along with Paint tool SAI

Sorry about that dude :C

Eh it's alright, the more i draw the better i get, the more time i have to think of a decent storyline xD

Ah, sai is pretty nice, it just has a different feel to it then other image editors, it feels like it was meant for drawing, and nothing else, while photoshop is more of a editor then something to draw on, i've never used gimp though, 

Ill probably be getting a intous tablet for christmas this year, so you won't have to put up with the inevitable ridiculous amounts erasing thats generally on anything I draw! Anyways, ill start working on the new comic

Y'know, thinking about it, if will has been here so long, why exactly is he sitting at a normal campfire? and why wouldn't he have the sense to bring a second torch? especially since 1 torch won't last you the whole night? hmm....

Will prefers the nomadic lifestyles over staying in a base, while he does have a place that he could call his "central base" he doesn't spend everyday there. You know, maybe he could have been travelling and the night caught him before he could return. Who knows.

I'm also trying to avoid "hammer space" as much as possible. You saw he had no backpack/anything on him while he was sitting near the campfire and pulled a burning stick out of the fire to use as a torch. It'd be also be incredibly hard to set a stick on fire while being in complete, pitch black darkness.

Edited by Irontaco

Will prefers the nomadic lifestyles over staying in a base, while he does have a place that he could call his "central base" he doesn't spend everyday there. You know, maybe he could have been travelling and the night caught him before he could return. Who knows.

I'm also trying to avoid "hammer space" as much as possible. You saw he had no backpack/anything on him while he was sitting near the campfire and pulled a burning stick out of the fire to use as a torch.

If i had a nickel for everytime that had happened to me, i'd be able to afford a new laptop.

anyways, good call with the hammer space thing, it really does limit creativity in the story, why have someone be able to just pull things out of the ether when you can find some other way that makes sense for him to acquire an item?

Edit - Unless the next person (probably me) can get creative, you might have just broken one of your own rules

-You 'can' control some actions of 'some' characters. But plainly killing them is not allowed.

xD

Edited by Blazingice26

Will is not dead though. He's just in the dark and nothing has happened to him yet. 

Also about the "limiting creativity" thing i do not want to force people to be less creative it's mostly so people can think up of some other way to collaborate to the story without it plainly being taking a cannon out of their pocket.

Will is not dead though. He's just in the dark and nothing has happened to him yet. 

Also about the "limiting creativity" thing i do not want to force people to be less creative it's mostly so people can think up of some other way to collaborate to the story without it plainly being taking a cannon out of their pocket.

I Didn't mean that, by limiting Hammer space you were limiting creativity, i meant hammer space itself limited the creativeness of the story.