Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ratch

"failed hash validation even after update"

ratch    0

Hi, I can't get Don't Starve app to update. I get this error message in the updater : 

/Users/Raphael/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/UpdaterCache/MacOS/dontstarve failed hash validation even after update
ABORTED
File "<string>", line 1297, in <module>
File "/Volumes/Workspace/Jenkins-MrBuildDS/workspace/DontStarve_Release_OSX_StandAlone_MakeDMGPackage/source/tools/Updater/build/updater.osx/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 8660, in MainLoop
File "/Volumes/Workspace/Jenkins-MrBuildDS/workspace/DontStarve_Release_OSX_StandAlone_MakeDMGPackage/source/tools/Updater/build/updater.osx/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 7952, in MainLoop
File "<string>", line 721, in OnUpdateComplete
File "<string>", line 821, in ShowError
FileHashChecker( /Users/Raphael/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/UpdaterCache/MacOS/dontstarve ): /Users/Raphael/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/UpdaterCache/MacOS/dontstarve has hash 60dd0a53068ac414af668f2195334d86 but expected 358d9ff1e3baba45a4c25296ef3049da
Finished!

I don't know what a hash is, but could this problem be linked to the fact that I had to perform a clean install of OSX recently, and that I reinstalled Don't Starve on my new system? Thanks in advance!

Raphaël

Wade    309

We are currently looking into this issue and hope to have a solution for it in the next couple of hours.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wade    309

Can you try selecting the "File" option in the Updater, and then "Check Consistency".

That should hopefully address the issue if you are still having the problem.