Xcom: Enemy Within

Luggs

I was saving up for a graphics card but with all the buzz from my friends and after watching TotalBiscuit's review, I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. No regrets here. The variety added to the maps by this dlc is very nice. It turns the once bland UFO crash site(which was always in the middle of the woods.) and spiced it up with some new scenery. The EXALT add a nice facet and a bit of variety in the mission types. Gene mods turn your best soldiers into true terrors(Nothing is more intimidating than watching a Titan armor soldier equipped with an alloy cannon leap onto a rooftop and finish off that stalker strangling your sniper.) MECs are very cool if slightly op. All in all, a good purchase in my opinion.

I have Enemy Unknown but never realy got far (Was around the time when Borderlands 2 came out you can do the math)

Still enemy within looks pretty neat specialy the mechtroopers (i love big mechs in games ^^) but i just wait till it goes on sale no need to blew 30 bucks right now if i still suck at the vanilla game XD

But hey at least because of EU i got a free copy of Civ 5 (friend of mine preorderd and already had Civ 5 so he gifted me his copy)

Just completed the base defense and Operation Progeny. The base defense was interesting. You get random soldiers from your barracks with whatever they had equipped at the time. Really bad when you're up against a mechtoid with basic guns. Operation Progeny was okay. Without spoiling too much, your reward is a group of soldiers who are guaranteed to be psionic when they go under testing. The unique character has a nice personality and her sound bank is very unique from the other soldiers. All and all, very similar to Operation Slingshot, except without the nice loot haul at the end.

Archived