How might I get in touch with developers or programmers of Shank 2?

Bluedoom57

Although I may not get an answer from them possibly due to confidentiality on their part, there are a few things that I'd like to know regarding some of Shank 2's programming and design that I'm almost 100% sure community members will not be able to assist me with. In order to learn about these things, I'd need to talk with someone who worked on the designing of Shank 2, and I'm not quite sure how to get in touch with them. Although I'm sure they probably won't want to talk to me about these things, I figure it's worth a shot. So if there's any way, could someone let me know?

I just have a couple questions on how the game works. They probably aren't typical questions, but if I could understand these things better it could help me out immensely in my quest to complete the game as fast as possible. And also let me just say, I understand completely if you guys don't want to answer these questions.
So firstly, I wanted to know, how does the event spawning work? As in, cutscenes, enemies, interactable  objects and respawn locations? In level 2, there's a way to get over a specific building that I don't think you're normally supposed to get over. Then, if you jump and shoot the pistols for a bit (to hover, "pistol hovering" as I call it), you can make it past a small battle, and continue on, however all enemies, cutscenes, battle "arenas", death pits (save for the last one) and the boss don't spawn. For completing the game quickly, this would be an amazing thing to utilize, however since the boss doesn't spawn, there's no way for it to be useful. So I wanted to know how the game determines when and/or where to spawn these various events into the level.
Speaking of battle "arenas", I was also curious as to how those worked. When I say battle "arena", I'm talking about the areas where the screen locks in place and you can't keep going either left or right until all enemies are defeated. There are some cases where it's possible to bypass these, but I'm not entirely sure as to how they work. In level 1, when you get off the bus you start on, normally you'd enter one of these "arenas" until you kill 4 or 5 enemies, however if you start the battle and then run all the way to the left, then start running to the right, you can skip the battle entirely. Or in level 3, there's a certain zipline that's next to a rebel intel on a platform. If you jump off the platform an "pistol hover" to the right, you can hover *over* a battle and continue on. As with the event spawns, I was curious as to what determines when a battle "arena" comes into play.
Thirdly, I know I made another forum post on this matter, but it never really got any attention. How exactly is damage done to enemies calculated based on distance? (From further away a shotgun blast does less damage than it would up next to an enemy, I'm kind of interested as to what this damage difference is). This topic doesn't need to be limited to range, I'd love to know more about the damage calculations in general if at all possible.
My final question, and I have a feeling this one, if any, may not be answered, is: How exactly does enemy AI work? How do they determine what attacks to use or when to move towards or away shank/corina? Are their attack/movement patterns based on the actions that the player are doing, or is it based on something else?
I think that covers all of my current questions, as I said I totally understand if you can't really share any of this, I just figured it'd be worth a try.
I'll finish off by just saying that I think Shank 2 is an absolutely fantastic game, and I look forward to the future projects that Klei Entertainment decide to work on :)

Archived