Thread Locking

Battal

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Good idea!
    • Meh.
    • It sucks and I hate it.

As you probably know, posters in the Art and Lore subforum were given the ability to moderate their topics.  This also came with the privilege to lock your threads.  While this can be useful in case of derailers or your roleplay being over, it can also be quite frustrating if done accidentally, such as with a tablet or other touchscreen device.  There is also no way to 'unlock' a thread, so if you wish to restart your thread, you must make a new thread.  This of course is not the end of the world, but it can be irratating, especially with art thread makers who must move all their images to the new thread.

My suggestion?  Make thread locks reversible.  If you lock a thread, let an option appear where you can unlock it.

What do you think?

OMG OMG OMG MODS MODZ MDZ PZ UNLOCK NMY RP K THX BAI

I think I found the reason why you have the ability to kill a thread for a bit after you post in it...

As you probably know, posters in the Art and Lore subforum were given the ability to moderate their topics.  This also came with the privilege to lock your threads.  While this can be useful in case of derailers or your roleplay being over, it can also be quite frustrating if done accidentally, such as with a tablet or other touchscreen device.  There is also no way to 'unlock' a thread, so if you wish to restart your thread, you must make a new thread.  This of course is not the end of the world, but it can be irratating, especially with art thread makers who must move all their images to the new thread.

My suggestion?  Make thread locks reversible.  If you lock a thread, let an option appear where you can unlock it.

What do you think?

same thing with me its good at times but bad at others so its meh

Archived