Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Silentdarkness1

[BUG] Can't start The King of Winter, freezes up after cinematic

Silentdarkness1    1,160

So, I got past chapter I of adventure mode, and ended up with The King of Winter. Maxwell appeared and taunted me some more. Strangly, his voice seemed to echo in an unusual manner.

Anyways, after he left.....the strangest thing happened.

NOTHING.

I couldn't move at all. No nothing. The camera didn't even zoom out to it's normal distance. Just permanently stuck in the Maxwell cinematic view. Couldn't pause the game, either. Had to ALT-F4. And i'm sure if I waited long enough, my chara would freeze to death.

Any ideas? I'm pretty much not able to get through Adventure mode now. Or the caves, because of the mystery crash. But that's for another thread.

Also, may I add that instead of laying on the ground during the start of the cinematic, Wolfgang turned into Mighty Wolfgang, with the quote as well. Perhaps this is related to Wolfgang, specifically? I see another person made a thread with a similar problem.

rB8nOHd.jpg

Wade    297

Yes, it is the turning into Mighty that is causing the problem.

We are aware of the issue and will be likely releasing a fix next week.

Wade    297

This happened to me too! In my case, it's Two Worlds. How can I fix this?

Can you post the contents of your log.txt file from your "documents\klei\donotstarve" folder?