It requires a more lot of work to set up farms. You need to go to the swamp to get reeeds, kill spiders for silk and find gold just to make the bird cage. Not to mention you have to waste a lot of berries just to get the needed manure now that Beefalo don't mass produce it. And rocks to mae farms that would be better spent on crockpots. Maybe "hard" was not the right word, but it's a lot more time consuming and less rewarding.

At what point did i mention the bird cage? I use random seeds.

At what point did i mention the bird cage? I use random seeds.

Then it's a pointless strategy not a more complicated one.

So he does it just for the eggs?

I guess to preserve rotting food somewhat, but yeah, it's a pain to find the stuff sometimes when the swamp isn't easily found/close.

But as noted, if only running in to get 8 reeds, the swamp isn't that bad. It's those newbies going in to pick other on the ground dead from fighting stuff up (unarmored of course) and dying from mobs/tentacles when they go in to get the tempting loot...

I'll abstain on if it's a worthy idea or not making growing farms here as this is about meat farms.

So he does it just for the eggs?

I guess to preserve rotting food somewhat, but yeah, it's a pain to find the stuff sometimes when the swamp isn't easily found/close.

But as noted, if only running in to get 8 reeds, the swamp isn't that bad. It's those newbies going in to pick other on the ground dead from fighting stuff up (unarmored of course) and dying from mobs/tentacles when they go in to get the tempting loot...

I'll abstain on if it's a worthy idea or not making growing farms here as this is about meat farms.

Why do your press enter 4 times to get to a new row? :p

To do farms properly you need a Bird Cage. Random seeds are a waste of time.

Why do your press enter 4 times to get to a new row? :razz:

To do farms properly you need a Bird Cage. Random seeds are a waste of time.

But farms for meat farming? Heck. If I use farms for crock pot recipes with meat, it's for filler or I use extra berries not used for fertilizer. I never seem to have a problem with "filler vegetables" for instance. If it's that one no veggie thing, I'll never have a berry shortage I can just pop in (but it's easier for Bacon and Eggs if in a savanna to just pop in 1 monster jerky and 1 small jerky.)

Of course, if we're talking NON meat farming for recipies, then specialty seeds for custom farm plots are a must.  

But farms for meat farming? Heck. If I use farms for crock pot recipes with meat, it's for filler or I use extra berries not used for fertilizer. I never seem to have a problem with "filler vegetables" for instance. If it's that one no veggie thing, I'll never have a berry shortage I can just pop in (but it's easier for Bacon and Eggs if in a savanna to just pop in 1 monster jerky and 1 small jerky.)

Of course, if we're talking NON meat farming for recipies, then specialty seeds for custom farm plots are a must.  

No I was just arguing the fact that he said to go for farms instead of meat.

No I was just arguing the fact that he said to go for farms instead of meat.

Ahh got it. Agree with you on that. Meat is a LOT easier, especially if making a Jerky farm.

If you LIKE growing farms, that's fine, but it;s ANYTHING but easier.

The manure collecting time spent even with Beefalo going back to the way they were, the high cost of (additional) grass, the birdcage for non-amateur farming, a TON of extra time compared to just  (maybe crock pots and) drying racks (but for the record, drying racks cost 9 grass compared to 8 for basic and 11 for improved farms.)

Anyway, day or night, summer or winter, my drying racks work 24/7.

But personally, I will take the time to make a birdcage because I like the winter combination (for exploration) durability and healing abilities of bacon and Eggs, but STILL much easier to just eat Jerky if you have plenty of meat.

Outside of that winter durability, especially if just stacking them in crock pots, Honey Ham wins hands down for better healing. 

Outside of that winter durability, especially if just stacking them in crock pots, Honey Ham wins hands down for better healing. 

Dragonpie would like to have a word with you (regarding 10 extra hp healed).

It's odd because I've never found farms to be this time-consuming or difficult of a task. Probably because they just serve as a consistent food source during summer, or a backdrop in general.

Then it's a pointless strategy not a more complicated one.

then how am i still alive? i live off my farm plots and random stuff that i find. sure i will hunt a kaulafant down every once in a while but for my first winter i mainly used farm food that i had stored up in my ice box.

Dragonpie would like to have a word with you (regarding 10 extra hp healed).

It's odd because I've never found farms to be this time-consuming or difficult of a task. Probably because they just serve as a consistent food source during summer, or a backdrop in general.

Again, this is for MEAT based farming strategy and its speed ...not non-meat based farming. Thank you for using your tunnel vision. 

Archived