DLC Pack Ideas

Yeah I agree about the seasons. Klei added the "dusk" sequence of days as a preliminary warning for players that night was approaching, whereas before it occurred spontaneously leaving many unprepared. If they did the same with a fall before winter, maybe the transition would be a bit smoother. Shouldn't be too hard to achieve, either; change the color schematics of everything to autumn. Add dead leaves on the bottom of forests and some on grasslands, with a crunchy sound effect when stepping on them.

And mushrooms, don't forget it's a mushroom season :D

For the DLC pack it should be nice and interest and worth the money (btw i like the idea of updates on ds cause keeps the interest for the game a lot of months) , if we see something completely new and all will say "hey i cannot wait the time to buy the dlc".
Some great ideas:

New area or level:Desert
Desert can be a level like survival mode map that could be available by passing from something like a gate or bridge that will lead to a new survival map without leave back forever the original survival map.There could be new desert animals and beasts and something to pet.Also sanity issues at day since similar things happen in the real world ;) and light cold at nights.Good idea to be spawned in the generation of this level some random places with ruins like chess with cloworks that new loot would be available and items to craft.Also friendly oasis at random places of the map that you rest for a while or make a base there.And also a new boss maybe.

New area or level:Mountain
Well why not.A mountain level can hide and generate new unique adventures beasts animals items etc.We talking about MOUNTAIN not a small hill :p. Also with mini caves for new things to do there.

Final level for caves:Core of Nightmare

I read some ideas in the past here in the forums from other player.Again new items,maybe specific items to deal with all that nightmare creatures and make your life easier againt shadows,new mobs and mechanics and a big ass epic boss lets say a huge nightmare creature with unique loot.Also no darkness cause... nightmare light extracts from those mysterious crystals beneath the earth. Please dont make it ultra hardcore difficult down there. :p

I hope Klei reads what we write inside this topic ;)

Yeah, if my previous posting was unclear, i absolutely support more overland (non cave) developments, and would request them as priority over caves. Caves got a lot of love over many updates, so show something else that love also please

. I'd also love another Biome. I'm pretty open as to what, but if my arm were twisted, I do like the beach/under the sea/water suggestions made here and elsewhere (and there are already water-components in the game even if not used.) 

New area or level:Mountain

Well why not.A mountain level can hide and generate new unique adventures beasts animals items etc.We talking about MOUNTAIN not a small hill :razz:

I'm pretty sure the only way to make mountains possibly work is the same way that entering the caves works. You'd find something like a ladder or a rope to climb up and BAM you're on a mountain(or something like that). If it is implemented, it'll probably be a completely other place like the caves are. 

It would be a good idea though, I think probably better for a DLC than adding stuff to the caves (which I'd rather see as updates than DLC content). However, I still believe that adding more stuff into the overworld is still a priority over that because it really hasn't been touched in so long... (or something like that).

What if Klei added something like the screecher (in a total conversion kind of sense) that shows how each character was sent into the world of don't starve,  cool idea, probably wont happen, but still

This idea sounds amazing, but if we ever do get anything it will most likely be videos. Besides, I'd rather have new stuff in the game itself than another total conversion mod.

This idea sounds amazing, but if we ever do get anything it will most likely be videos. Besides, I'd rather have new stuff in the game itself than another total conversion mod.

They've stated that the videos are quite tedious and expensive to create, so I would even doubt that. In fact, if they remain silent it could be beneficial because their audience will fill in the gaps with fan-fiction, elongating the time it would receive attention. Letting commoners believe that their imaginations could become (or are already) a reality is a compelling notion.

I would like to see the base of the freaking tentacles already, a tallbird life cycle, lava caves, heat wave season, and tiered bee hives. Along with some wonky new creatures that fill my heart with glee (or horror) 

Edit: I almost forgot how much i want different kinds of trees, some deciduous species would be nice

My prediction is that they'll make a DLC somewhere in between current Don't Starve and The Screecher mod, something that is still part of the Don't Starve world but isn't as predictable as new food, mobs, etc. They'll add some type of new element that might just be plain silly or unfitting for the normal game. and they're allowed to, and I hope it happens :D

Tallbirds life cycle, removing/reworking remaning eternal items from game: bee boxes, walking cane, umbrella, some changes that will make getting food harder, so its not boring, some anti turtling mechanics and so on.

A new biome and character would be a good start for a dlc.

Other things I would like to see are:

1. New weather conditions like hailstorms, sandstorms, flooding, drought and tornados.

2. A new game mode (I have currently no good example)

3. One or two diseases which of course affect the character.

4. Lots of new items and animals/monsters :)

Archived