Worms are ridiculous

What is this "kiting" you speak of?

WOLFGANG SMAAAAASH!

Edit: hmmm dont want to derail here... I think the idea of limiting their turf movements from the poll definitely would make it better (going by my first horrible encounter with them >.<) and the stackable berries would make my chests happy so I agree!

WOLFGANG SMAAAAASH!

Edit: hmmm dont want to derail here... I think the idea of limiting their turf movements from the poll definitely would make it better (going by my first horrible encounter with them >.<) and the stackable berries would make my chests happy so I agree!

One Joke =/= Derailing. Otherwise Teo would have CONSUMED MY HEART IN A FIT OF BURLY RAGE by now. He would have probably done it in capitalization without using capitalization. Like a really aggressive snark that melts Nazis and 23rds like the Ark of the Covenant. I've got the Thomases just thinking about it.

Stackable berries that don't spoil is something completely necessary, I think. I wouldn't mind a hard limit on the number of them that can chase you at one time, things are hard enough with 3 that 6 is just impossible. Granted, I never seem to have as many Rock Lobsters helping me as I should..

I was walking in the ruins as Maxwell and i hadn't seen the completely obvious glowing fruit, so i walked over it, i got hit by the worm and inmediately died, i was lucky to have touched a touchstone before.

I sort of grabbed a torch and quickly went to get my stuff back and kill the worm.

So I'm starting to see a way of actually kiting 6 worms. I started my training by trying to stay just out of reach of all of them. I found that I ended up stringing them out, which made it very difficult to get a counter attack. 

It seems the trick to provoking an opening in their formation is to get them to all surface at the same time.  By dodging back and forth in the same area, you can bunch them all up on top of each-other, 

Once you get them to all surface at the same time, dodge that super-six-headed-bite-of-death that's coming your way and counter by attacking ONCE, and only once. Rinse and repeat 159 more times.

*goes back to training*

Wait, so the only way to kite them is that? That isn't safe! I am not a pro kiter(still get hit by treeguards) but maybe you should also experiment with different equipment. Your strategy has a fatal flaw. If you mess up when they all attack at THE SAME TIME, you are pretty much instantly dead,as they will mow through any armour you have.

Also, I will go create my own training ground and see what I can do while messing around with equipment.

Wait, so the only way to kite them is that? That isn't safe! I am not a pro kiter(still get hit by treeguards) but maybe you should also experiment with different equipment. Your strategy has a fatal flaw. If you mess up when they all attack at THE SAME TIME, you are pretty much instantly dead,as they will mow through any armour you have.

Also, I will go create my own training ground and see what I can do while messing around with equipment.

Who said fighting 6 worms was safe in any situation? Of course one could use other equipment for taking them on. Set up some traps with gunpowder or something. I want to be able to kill them with just a spear and logsuit. If I was being serious about fighting 6 at once I'd grab me some Rockthulu (rock lobster) friends and have them distract the worms while I tear at the worm's flanks.

My method of kiting them is actually rather easy once you get a good grasp of their attack pattern. It just takes a LONG time to get it right, and a LONG time to whittle their life away.

I feel like I need some pictures or something to illustrate...

my guide on how to deal with depth worms...

part 1: see the depth worm

part 2: run

part 3: make sure you got away from it

step 4: repeat step 3 once every 30 seconds if possible

Actually that might work. They are chained to a place like Rooks and Guardians are. This way you can pull them one by one.

Y'know what really rains on my parade? When I've killed all the Depth Worms and have no more playmates!

Wait - what's that? What was that!? It sounds almost as if - yes, yes! Quite frankly indeed! More are on their way! Time to allot more time and resources to dealing with wave after wave of joyous quarreling! Shame on me for doubting their promptness, I'll have to apologize to them about it while they bash and grind my bones to dust!

Alrighty, back on topic.

So this is what I want to know in order to further understand why people think worms are ridiculous. Is it the sheer amount of them that you have to face, is it how frequently that you have to face them, or is even fighting just one such a  laborious task that you dislike them?

Archived