gloryKAT

"I went through something it couldn't withstand. It was destroyed in the process of my death to be. But I escaped, leaving it where I wanted to leave it. Somewhere it would be crushed every day in the minds of the dying."

*She doesn't dare to even glimpse at John. She looks straight as she continues*

A rustling is heard to their right, and a large blur is visible. The laughter continues, and it seems there are more voices joining in on the chorus.

"Oh, it's one of these things. They jump out at you, so be ready..."

At that, twolarge four legged beasts that look almost like hounds leap out, one at John and one at Scars.

John slides under the hound while it is in mid jump, running his blade across it's stomach as he goes by. However, both hounds stand up, unfazed, as four more hounds join them. John glances over at Scars.

"You ready? Because things are going to get dicey."

At that, he draws his second blade and charges at the hounds, three of which charge back.

The two of them continue killing the beasts, but every time one falls, another two emerge from the brush. Eventually, they are completely surrounded by frothing beasts.

Ohhh... You in troooouuuble. Need a hand?

No. Go away.

Suit yourself. Good luck on your own.

John grunts, gripping his blades tightly.

"You okay, Scars?"

At that, all the hounds collapse onto them. John can hold them off for awhile, but it isn't long before he is overwhelmed.

You sure you don't need help?

Shut up!

Well, you know what to do if you need me.

John snarls, hesitates, and grabs his spear. With a roar, he knocks the hounds off him.

With quick agility, John (ish) uses his spear with expertise, using the sharp point effectively and the handle as a staff. It is not long before most of the hounds fall, and the remainders try to escape. John snorts.

"Not so fast."

With a laugh consisting of a slight tint of insanity, shadow hands grab the escapees and drag them back to John, who peri pares to brutally murder them.

Absol snarls as he sees John stab the hounds when they tried to escape and growls looking at the shadow hands. You can see some shadows wrapping around his claws but he decides not to get too worked up and the shadows disappear, he hoped that nothing noticed and continues to growl at John. I can still decide on what side to join! Humans are always like this... You can see him about to snap and he turned and bowed at the hounds. "Sorry I couldn't help you escape..."

After killing the remaining hounds, John peers at Scars, laughing. He gets into the position to stab her, when his right hand grabs his left.

"Wha... Let me kill her! I want to kill her!"

"No! You did your job! Now stop!"

"You gotta reward me somehow! Let me get the girl!"

"GET OUT!"

At that, John stabs himself in the leg with his spear.

John looks at Scars scamper away, with a look of pure sorrow and shame. He breaths out a few words before sinking to his knees and passing out.

"I'm sorry..."

He finds himself in a blank landscape, a place he is tremendously familiar with. This is his subconscious, where he goes in his sleep, when knocked out, and when Jack takes full control. Before John stands a splitting image of himself.

"I hate you."

"Good. That means I'm doing something right.

The rainbow aura from the sword is reproduced in John's subconsciousness.

"Aww, look, she cares! She's doing her rainbow magic! Either that or she's trying to kill you.

"Shut up."

"Make me.

Joseph charges at the figure, about to punch him, when he is pushed back by some invisible force.

"Hah. Nice try, but no.

Jack looks around, and looks back at John.

"Time to wake up, Johnny boy.

With a snap of Jack's fingers, John wakes up with a start.

"Gah!"