A Bunch of Old and Dusty Records (VGM Thread)

F3RR1S

Sure, Don't Starve has an amazing soundtrack, but what about the other games?

Many other games have soundtracks which can be catchy, beautiful, and are conducted perfectly.

In this thread, I shall post many musical masterpieces that I find on YouTube, and we can all discuss about them, what you like about them, what do they make you picture?

You can also post different tracks in this thread.

Now, let us listen to the many amazing music tracks that are put on this thread!

___________________________________________________________________________________

This Thread has been brought to you by the Weather Man.

Reporting from the weather balloon...

Over the smokestacks...

Over the city...

The Weather Man.

Hm..I don't play many games actually, would this work?

This music makes me remember the first time I was ever exposed to Minecraft. A let's play by Caliform called expedition minecraft. *sighs* that was such a great series, and it's become near nostalgic. It also makes me remember Batclone's minecraft with mods series. Now, that was an extremely well done series.

I remember Paper Mario being the first game I had played to really wow me, a giant world to explore instead of just a list of streamlined stages. This lil' piano bit brings back some fond memories.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't include a boss theme. To keep from clogging this page up with an additional 10 videos I'll just pick my favorite.

A fake victory after a pain in the ass battle, followed by it coming back stronger and on fire. Elementary school me was convinced this was the greatest game of all time.

You know, I actually forgot what an awesome soundtrack World of Goo had.

Anyway:

This theme is actually pretty nostalgic for me, and of course I think it sounds cool too. It's the first song in a game I very much enjoyed with a soundtrack I enjoyed.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TABLET-FRIENDLY!

Anyways, the music for the final boss in Shadow of the Colossus.  It's not like other boss songs, which are usually epic as possible.   This one is instead despairing, and contains a deep sense of foreboding.

Prince of Persia : Warrior Within has the most manliest, badass soundtrack ever.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-dhYVz93k&feature=share&list=PLEDEBFDB9405561B9

lol I laugh at that soundtrack compared to pretty much every other PoP soundtrack. :grin:

I remember playing it and my reaction: O.o

PS. Prince of Persia means a lot to me. The original floppy disk game my dad owned and played, and I remember him waking me up one night when I was little to show me a new level he got to. Now, he no longer bothers with games :(

PS. Prince of Persia means a lot to me. The original floppy disk game my dad owned and played, and I remember him waking me up one night when I was little to show me a new level he got to. Now, he no longer bothers with games :(

Did he play WW? How did he react to that?

No. He only played the original. The last games we played were on the Super Nintendo. Now he feels there's too many buttons and such. His biggest hobby now is watching Fox News *cringes*

Well at least you played games with your dad *sob*

Archived