The Screecher

Oh  my god!

Anyways, Discuss this awesome mod here!

I played through it 3 times now and died all three times. I cant figure out yet how exactly to avoid the screecher. I have tried:

1. Running away from it

2. Turning off the light and running away from it

3. Turning off the light and standing still

All three times cause me to eventually die. I believe it has something to do with the music in the background on when its safe to turn on the light again.

The thing does hate it when you stare though...

I figured since it was the featured thing that came with the official patch it would be okay to discuss here.

Anyways, I'll move it then.

Also the mod forums are slow :p

I figured we could have more lively discussion about this thriller of a game here since I know ALL OF YOU WILL AT LEAST BE CURIOUS ENOUGH TO TRY IT ONCE SINCE IT CAME WITH THE OFFICIAL GAME :p

• MOTD

Hey all, it's cool to keep this chat here. I linked the modding one to here. We can merge them later if needed.

This will be the official Screecher chat thread since non-modders will probably find / want to talk about this somewhere.

I figured since it was the featured thing that came with the official patch it would be okay to discuss here.

Anyways, I'll move it then.

Also the mod forums are slow :razz:

I figured we could have more lively discussion about this thriller of a game here since I know ALL OF YOU WILL AT LEAST BE CURIOUS ENOUGH TO TRY IT ONCE SINCE IT CAME WITH THE OFFICIAL GAME :razz:

Yeah, silly me for not having steam and having no idea what you were talking about.

Hey all, it's cool to keep this chat here. I linked the modding one to here. We can merge them later if needed.

This will be the official Screecher chat thread since non-modders will probably find / want to talk about this somewhere.

This raises the question: since the Mods section is primarily aimed at modders, focusing on mod development and related business (such as troubleshooting and requests), should discussions about mod gameplay be done here?

Can anyone do a Let's Play of this mod on YouTube? I tried playing through, but eventually I got too scared to keep playing. xD I made it to the generator, but that "thing" didn't seem to go away after I ran away the other direction for awhile and came back.

This is seriously one amazing mod. Its a completely different game from Don't Starve. It reminds of the slenderman games and they're super scary.

Can anyone do a Let's Play of this mod on YouTube? I tried playing through, but eventually I got too scared to keep playing. xD I made it to the generator, but that "thing" didn't seem to go away after I ran away the other direction for awhile and came back.

This is seriously one amazing mod. Its a completely different game from Don't Starve. It reminds of the slenderman games and they're super scary.

You were so close to finishing it...haha

I have the slight feeling Klei did this mainly to show us how powerful the mod-api actually is, 'cause holy sh** I never expected THAT to be possible  o.0

I didn't actually think Klei could pull off something that scares me. I have to pull my head to you sirs and ladies! You did the job! It was an awesome playthrough (even though my shitty pc stuttered every 2 minutes) and I actually made it with all 9 notes on my first try :D

@simplex I think since this is an official mod and there isn't going to be any "impactful feedback" the mods forum not really the best place.

• MOTD

This raises the question: since the Mods section is primarily aimed at modders, focusing on mod development and related business (such as troubleshooting and requests), should discussions about mod gameplay be done here?

Anything just about the Screecher mod in general can stay here. If you have Technical questions or some development related stuff you can post in the mod section. There was just an identical post / topic in the mod area for general gameplay chat / impressions etc over there. It's better to keep that here. 

Anything just about the Screecher mod in general can stay here. If you have Technical questions or some development related stuff you can post in the mod section. There was just an identical post / topic in the mod area for general gameplay chat / impressions etc over there. It's better to keep that here.

I think I wasn't very clear, sorry. When I said "here", I didn't mean "this thread", but "the General Discussion subforum". Put another way, where would be the proper place for threads on mod gameplay to be opened?

Archived