[Ideas 'n' such] New Adventure-ish Realm

So! uh... Hi there! :B

I'm a guy fairly passionate about designing games etc, even when it comes to modding games. I have little to no experience though, as I can't actually code anything and always been a bit nervous of asking folks for help :l But um, here I finally am, I was hoping any experienced coders could help me along the way to try modding some things and see where we can go with it.

In any case. I have a few random mod ideas, that focus on a new kinda tiny realm. A realm all about fighting and getting out a soon as possible I think.. Sort of as a mini-adventure mode.

So the mod starts out with this portal spawning somewhere in the normal survival map, much like Maxwell's door.

7j0wP89.jpg

This thing will start your adventure on the new realm. Not sure about the name for the realm, but as you can see on the portal it'll be heavily based upon the chess theme~ Lotsa marble and all that. I don't know what to do with the players inventory.. Should they bring things from the survival world along with them? I was thinking maybe they shouldn't, so that it'll always be the same experience and you can't really prepared yourself. But that means there will have to be survival items like flint etc in this realm. And I was kind of hoping to not have too much of the old worlds items in there. Just to give you a feeling of "my tools and all I know is useless in here" and thus you would have to really, REALLY have to start over and learn to manipulate the new environment within. Tool-less. But that might change completely.

Moving on~ Here's some basic structures I'd imagine spawning in this realm.

ecMM5zQ.jpg

Normal Stone walls, but something new and fancy connecting them. Iron fences. This could be very tricky to code I'd imagine...? To the left you can see one iron fence by itself, not connected to anything. But as they're next to another fence or a Stone wall they'll change texture, as if connected.

There's a few problems I can think of with this. What will it look like if you spin around with the camera? Will it look weird when you zoom in? Is it possible with the magic of coding to make this look decent?

You can also see a new kind of Turf. Grass and a little rectangular stones in it. As if left over from old ruins. There will be marble floor as well, and maybe some other things, like gravel paths. I imagine there will also be lots of evil flowers about, maybe some stand-alone roses that aren't just part of the fences or stone wall's textures. No idea what the roses would do. And yeah marble pillars and trees~ Many set pieces and traps too. Some fog like in graveyards. No sea, just fading into clouds and fog. No snow, but very cold nights. And occasionally some really depressing rain.

At first glance you would seem to be all alone, the general feel of this place is too be creepily quiet, and quite empty. But as time passes or areas are explored you'll have to face a lot of enemies. I can't think of any new ones but some kind of chess-piece sounds nice.

Food though!

z7SKrHN.png

Blue berries~ :-) Because everything is blue. And depressing. Works as normal red berries. Though can't be dug up as there will be no shovels in this realm. No manipulating the world, it will be stuck as it is. Just fighting and eating with what you've got.

There will probably be more food to eat but I can't think of anything right now.

However the big goal of this realm is to get back out to your normal survival world~ By doing this there will be some rewards. Maybe that you can keep all the marble you've collecting around this world. If you will. And a new character perhaps~ It gotta be something really fun either way. Nothing game breaking, like one hit kill staffs :razz:

I was thinking that somewhere in the map there would be an apple tree.

xbra1uF.jpg

And by collecting the apple fallen from it and taking a bite you'll be able to go home. But after having some second thoughts I kinda also think the apple tree could work as a rare food item. There will only be one tree per realm either way.

So how will one "Win" this realm? Maybe the portal back is broken and you'll have to find a new one, or maybe the portal just isn't active but takes about 30 days before it'll activate. Maybe there will be some penalty for failing to escape within a certain amount of time? I don't know. I need to think about that.

Other ideas I've had is to master electricity in some ways. Using the Lightning rod to power things in different ways to progress. Hm. Maybe some MacGuffin' aspects like with the Things you can collects in adventure mode. Defeating Chess pieces for frazzled wire and gears that will be used in such ways?

There might be caves in the way of very tiny dungeons, like.. just a basement of some ruins. Some chests in there and probably enemies. No actual caves.

Aaaaaanyway :razz: So yeah.. I've said most of my thoughts~ What are your thoughts on all of this? Is it possible to mod? Does it sound fun? (Did I break any forum rules?) Is there any potential? Yay? x3

Oh god have mercy *runs*

So! uh... Hi there! :B

I'm a guy fairly passionate about designing games etc, even when it comes to modding games. I have little to no experience though, as I can't actually code anything and always been a bit nervous of asking folks for help :l But um, here I finally am, I was hoping any experienced coders could help me along the way to try modding some things and see where we can go with it.

In any case. I have a few random mod ideas, that focus on a new kinda tiny realm. A realm all about fighting and getting out a soon as possible I think.. Sort of as a mini-adventure mode.

So the mod starts out with this portal spawning somewhere in the normal survival map, much like Maxwell's door.

7j0wP89.jpg

This thing will start your adventure on the new realm. Not sure about the name for the realm, but as you can see on the portal it'll be heavily based upon the chess theme~ Lotsa marble and all that. I don't know what to do with the players inventory.. Should they bring things from the survival world along with them? I was thinking maybe they shouldn't, so that it'll always be the same experience and you can't really prepared yourself. But that means there will have to be survival items like flint etc in this realm. And I was kind of hoping to not have too much of the old worlds items in there. Just to give you a feeling of "my tools and all I know is useless in here" and thus you would have to really, REALLY have to start over and learn to manipulate the new environment within. Tool-less. But that might change completely.

Moving on~ Here's some basic structures I'd imagine spawning in this realm.

ecMM5zQ.jpg

Normal Stone walls, but something new and fancy connecting them. Iron fences. This could be very tricky to code I'd imagine...? To the left you can see one iron fence by itself, not connected to anything. But as they're next to another fence or a Stone wall they'll change texture, as if connected.

There's a few problems I can think of with this. What will it look like if you spin around with the camera? Will it look weird when you zoom in? Is it possible with the magic of coding to make this look decent?

You can also see a new kind of Turf. Grass and a little rectangular stones in it. As if left over from old ruins. There will be marble floor as well, and maybe some other things, like gravel paths. I imagine there will also be lots of evil flowers about, maybe some stand-alone roses that aren't just part of the fences or stone wall's textures. No idea what the roses would do. And yeah marble pillars and trees~ Many set pieces and traps too. Some fog like in graveyards. No sea, just fading into clouds and fog. No snow, but very cold nights. And occasionally some really depressing rain.

At first glance you would seem to be all alone, the general feel of this place is too be creepily quiet, and quite empty. But as time passes or areas are explored you'll have to face a lot of enemies. I can't think of any new ones but some kind of chess-piece sounds nice.

Food though!

z7SKrHN.png

Blue berries~ :-) Because everything is blue. And depressing. Works as normal red berries. Though can't be dug up as there will be no shovels in this realm. No manipulating the world, it will be stuck as it is. Just fighting and eating with what you've got.

There will probably be more food to eat but I can't think of anything right now.

However the big goal of this realm is to get back out to your normal survival world~ By doing this there will be some rewards. Maybe that you can keep all the marble you've collecting around this world. If you will. And a new character perhaps~ It gotta be something really fun either way. Nothing game breaking, like one hit kill staffs :razz:

I was thinking that somewhere in the map there would be an apple tree.

xbra1uF.jpg

And by collecting the apple fallen from it and taking a bite you'll be able to go home. But after having some second thoughts I kinda also think the apple tree could work as a rare food item. There will only be one tree per realm either way.

So how will one "Win" this realm? Maybe the portal back is broken and you'll have to find a new one, or maybe the portal just isn't active but takes about 30 days before it'll activate. Maybe there will be some penalty for failing to escape within a certain amount of time? I don't know. I need to think about that.

Other ideas I've had is to master electricity in some ways. Using the Lightning rod to power things in different ways to progress. Hm. Maybe some MacGuffin' aspects like with the Things you can collects in adventure mode. Defeating Chess pieces for frazzled wire and gears that will be used in such ways?

There might be caves in the way of very tiny dungeons, like.. just a basement of some ruins. Some chests in there and probably enemies. No actual caves.

Aaaaaanyway :razz: So yeah.. I've said most of my thoughts~ What are your thoughts on all of this? Is it possible to mod? Does it sound fun? (Did I break any forum rules?) Is there any potential? Yay? x3

Oh god have mercy *runs*

It's possible, of course... It looks interesting. I'd help, but I'm quite swamped. (As is a good portion of the modders.)

Wow, this is a really cool idea, and before I forget to mention, you are quite the artist :-) . 

Anyways, I really like this idea, it's like those secret levels you can access within some games. 

If I could add on to your ideas, I would make it very similar to adventure mode: it's simply for fun, and maybe you get a reward at the end. So maybe when you enter the level, you don't take anything with you. But you are supplied with weapons, armor, and healing supplies. 

This could be like when finding Wes

you fight waves of enemies by unlocking something ( mining away Maxwell statues).

Perhaps even, once you finish a level, you can advance into another more difficult world, with more difficult enemies, more kiting involved, etc.

This needs to happen :-)

Thank you very much :grin:

Yeah I'm aware of the whole Wes thing, and I am much inspired by it.

The biggest idea I have with this mod is to add secret things like the "Wes structure" and I have many such ideas to share. However these ideas are no fun at all if you know they exist, and if you know how to solve them. So I'm a bit torn here, I really want to talk about this realm's mini-boss ideas, generated structures, puzzle solving, etc etc. But I want people who would try this mod not to know what to expect at all.

Surprises and exploring, not knowing what you will find is so much fun. Now that I know so much about Don't Starve the only joy left I have is to make my friends play, and see their reactions instead.

I wished I could program on my own, and just finish this entire thing, post it here with little to no explanation, and see how people would react.

I love the art and the idea, but I would much rather it was like caves where it was a two way experience.

If you wanted to limit the experience a bit you could make it so you can't bring anything in but you could leave with items this would also allow the reward of being able to bring things out, which solves some of the quandary of a reward.

The art reminds me of some interpretations of wonderland kind of a fanciful land of contrived chaos. I think you could make a fully developed world based on it that would really expand the base dontstarve experience if one could freely go between (or at least freely leave with items)

At the moment I only have one project and its a character mod so it shouldn't take to long to finish. I am decent at coding and what I don't know I can find out. So I could definitely help out in a bit, but something like this (a world whether adventure or linked) would require some serious organization and quite a few coders and some more artists and probably some people writing strings as well. So if your really want to do it you need to get some recruits 

I may be doing a project currently but i have a good feeling i will have plenty of time on my hands to give you a hand.

my programming background is not really mods but my understanding of syntax is quite there you can check out my dev os at

https://github.com/XainFaith

Kind of new to lua but that will not be an issue its a scripting language and it will not take long to pick up at all, don't starve uses a com model which is nice and i am moderately familiar with.

At any rate let me know if you want my help and we can setup a project repository for scripts etc, and maybe get one or two other team members is not  a bad idea.

Regards XainFaith

~~EDIT: I'm sniped :p Lemme just edit this in a moment~~

Thank you for responding and the kind words :-)

For now I would like to explore the realm as a one-time-trip. Just like adventure mode is. Reason being that going back and forth between the survival world and this realm would kill the pacing and general experience I believe. But, I won't leave out on the idea, I tend to change my mind on many things.

I like the idea of bringing with your items from the realm. It is a marble palace and there's not much nor easy to collect marble in survival, so you should be able to bring that. Along with iron fences and all that fancy new structures. Maybe at the end portal (if that would be the way out in this realm) there will be a chest and you could simply put anything in it that would reappear in your survival world? Exactly like the teleportato but with more slots. :-) And perhaps that once you're back you magically know the recipes for these things as well?

I also imagined that the portal you came in from in the original survival world would be destroyed once you exit~ So the next adventure in this realm would have to be in a newly generated world.

Yeah the realm will be fairly big for being a short adventure, I imagine many islands both connected and floating nearby. Many doors to unlock in order to advance. Special unique chess biomes.

You could do that? :grin: I would be so happy is you could as little as try to code in the special turf's, if you have the time. I would love to have a handful of people to help me out, but as with yourself and what debugman18 said; everyone seems a bit busy with other things

I may be doing a project currently but i have a good feeling i will have plenty of time on my hands to give you a hand.

my programming background is not really mods but my understanding of syntax is quite there you can check out my dev os at

https://github.com/XainFaith

Kind of new to lua but that will not be an issue its a scripting language and it will not take long to pick up at all, don't starve uses a com model which is nice and i am moderately familiar with.

At any rate let me know if you want my help and we can setup a project repository for scripts etc, and maybe get one or two other team members is not  a bad idea.

Regards XainFaith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have lots of free time at the moment it seems, if you have ever used irc before ill be siting in a temp room see below.

a web based irc client: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Channel #TempRoom1229

just itching to do a project of some kind and i am by no means an aritst

Regards XainFaith

Awesome x) Okay well, I do need help from people with and any kind of programming or modding skills. My knowledge is embarrassingly limited.

I don't have time to chat and work right at the moment but we can keep in touch the following days. :-)

May I ask you though to try and mod something simple into don't starve in the meanwhile?

Right so.. Um.. bump :B

I've got a few more ideas to share, have a look. But bare in mind they are kind of spoilers for those who would like to enjoy the mod. If it ever comes to reality that is :V

x4njjG5.png
This is one of the bosses I plan on making for this realm. A piano. How intimidating right?

Basically, after exploring a bit of the map and making some progress, and getting hang of the world a fair bit.. A piano will be heard somewhere in the distance. How curious.. By listening carefully to the joyful music you can make out which direction it comes from, and follow it.

Coming closer to the piano's spawn point will make the music slowly go faster and louder. The character you're playing as could make a remark on the music by now, making it even clearer something going on. Upon barley seeing the piano, you'll notice there is none actually playing it. And going even closer will make it suddenly close shut, harsh and loudly. So spooky.

If you then go even closer to the piano it will start playing violently, it will seem darker and murkier, as it plays a haunting fast paced song. At the same time walls will have trapped you, and enemies will start to spawn all around.

As you defeat the enemies, which I'm still not sure of what kind of enemies there will be, the piano will break down and finally stop playing. Roses will engulf it as well. And the walls will be gone. Some reward will appear somehow and somewhere, but I've still not decided what exactly.

WtSOz7i.png
Here's some clockwork rats~ They are sort of based on the Pawn chess piece. I originally didn't want to interfere too much with the clockwork beasts since Klei would probably make their own rightful versions in the near future, but they ended up so unlike the Pawn anyway, and the last update on DS besides some DLC is now released anyway :/

I'm unsure of the design still, but I kinda like the bottom one. They will be very weak but attack in big groups, maybe even appear every other day like hounds do. Their tails could possibly be used for some electricity puzzles I mentioned before in this thread.

mGQJVk9.png
Free infinite light sources for all of your grue-hating moments! Just kidding, they'll run out or despawn eventually. Streetlights will be able to be charged with electricity to give off light like the lightning rod. Only better and stuff. Some of these will however be infinite, but those will only spawn during certain bossfights to prevent nighttime-hardtime. For example the Piano's walls that spawn around you will have a few to light up your arena.

IW4ZZ3S.png
Rose bushes, hedges and trees~ Rose bushes and hedges will be a maze-thing. As well as random spawn-age around the world in pretty set-pieces. The maze will be tedious and full of traps, watch your feet, the thorns on these bushes hurt a lot. Trees will be like normal Evergreens, chop-able wood source!

Naz8QC6.png
Another enemy design. A Night Snatcher will have a fairly rare spawn, and only wander during complete darkness. During the day it'll sleep inside it's hat, or maybe run off and disappear completely?

The nights you hear his squeaking in the distance you better prepare to either sneak, or run. The Night Snatcher will walk around close to your campfire illuminating it's way with it's lantern. If it notices the player it will keep hunting you until it manages to capture you with it's one long arm.

What happens next I'm not sure. Either death or random map teleportation, along with your items gone, perhaps spread out.

And yeah! That's it~ I'd love to hear your opinions :-) Or questions for that matter. They usually inspire me. :grin:

Sounds cool. I could do the quotes for this, if you want.

That'd be awesome :D

I've had a few on my mind, but.. One problem I do have with quotes is that I'm not sure what Maxwell would say about any of these things at all. Would he know mostly all about the objects around him or would they be new to him as well? Isn't the whole chess theme in Don't Starve all influenced or created because of Maxwell?

It's a bit of a mind twist. I kinda want the mod to make sense as if it isn't a mod but rather part of the games story.

One solution I did come up with is that the entire realm would be some sort of portal into the mind of Maxwell, as if we're exploring his subconscious. That way Maxwell could be surprised to see what's in his own subconscious mind. And have no idea what to expect.

Double post bumping~ I'm evil, like that.

I've played around with modding custom creatures recently and after some help I've got it working. Working as in I only have the creature spawn and idle upon starting the game, I'll make it do more in the future le example. They're a bit small though, anyone know an easy way of resizing them? Or do I have to edit the spriter files?

Aside from that I also wonder how I should go about making the creature inspect able and also add a shadow? I have noticed these lines of code "inst:AddComponent("inspectable")" "local anim = inst.entity:AddDynamicShadow()" but I don't know how and where to add each character's individual quotes for the creature. Also the game crashes as I try to add either of those two lines anyway :v I'm probably misplacing them or missing out on something silly.

Here's the rat's prefab code, sorry about the tutorial comments and odd spacing. I added a [HELP] comment next to the two codes I'm trying to add
--[TUTORIAL] Here we list any assets required by our prefab.local assets={	--[TUTORIAL] this is the name of the Spriter file.	Asset("ANIM", "anim/rat.zip"),}--[TUTORIAL] This function creates a new entity based on a prefab.local function init_prefab()	--[TUTORIAL] First we create an entity.	local inst = CreateEntity()	--[TUTORIAL] Then we add a transform component se we can place this entity in the world.	local trans = inst.entity:AddTransform()	--[TUTORIAL] Then we add an animation component which allows us to animate our entity.	local anim = inst.entity:AddAnimState()	local anim = inst.entity:AddDynamicShadow() --[HELP] Trying to add a shadow here		--[TUTORIAL] The bank name is the name of the Spriter file.    anim:SetBank("rat")    --[TUTORIAL] The build name is the name of the animation folder in spriter.    anim:SetBuild("rat")    --[TUTORIAL] Here we start playing the 'idle' animation and tell it to loop.    anim:PlayAnimation("idle", true )    inst.AddComponent("inspectable") --[HELP] Not working    --[TUTORIAL] return our new entity so that it can be added to the world.    return instend--[TUTORIAL] Here we register our new prefab so that it can be used in game.return Prefab( "monsters/rat", init_prefab, assets, nil)

and the mod itself Test mod.zip

This thread should be in Up & Away. Because this guy has some nice artistic ideas.

This is seperate from U&A, and rightly so. Cosheeta has such a great vision for a mod here, (the Night Snatcher especially, it's just SO cool) and I'd hate to see it constrained by our plans for U&A which are quite different. Which is a shame. This mod is so promising. :)

Anyway, I'd love to help with this mod, but I'm just too tied up. Hopefully when it starts to gather steam I can keep tabs on it and maybe chip in, but I'm swamped for now unfortunately.

This is seperate from U&A, and rightly so. Cosheeta has such a great vision for a mod here, (the Night Snatcher especially, it's just SO cool) and I'd hate to see it constrained by our plans for U&A which are quite different. Which is a shame. This mod is so promising. :-)

Anyway, I'd love to help with this mod, but I'm just too tied up. Hopefully when it starts to gather steam I can keep tabs on it and maybe chip in, but I'm swamped for now unfortunately.

Oh. Well I was just thinking since by the FAQ Up & Away is suppose to be a full mod Expansion for Don't Starve. And his ideas and artistic work would definitely be of great use. Unless you guys follow a certain "theme" for this Expansion.

Oh. Well I was just thinking since by the FAQ Up & Away is suppose to be a full mod Expansion for Don't Starve. And his ideas and artistic work would definitely be of great use. Unless you guys follow a certain "theme" for this Expansion.

We are planning three levels and have finalised set themes for all three, so we'd only limit his creative influence. I'm not doubting how useful ideas and art are, please feel free to contribute should you wish (that goes out to everyone), but incorporating this entire level would rip apart our plan, and shoving his ideas into one of our levels would rip apart his plan. 

It is a full mod expansion, but not a 'take this mod, and this mod and make a mod pack' kinda way. :)

All though I'm new and have no idea what Up&Away is all about what so ever, I'm very flattered that you think my ideas have a great potential in it, or even by itself x) Like Arc said I think this is kind of a standalone mod, it is to be experienced alone with it's own set of rules and atmosphere. With that said though, I am fine with cannibalizing certain bits you find awesome from this mod into Up&Away, or in general come up with new stuff for you.

Speaking of concepts and ideas

nIEPk1o.png
Here's how I have imagined the world generation to look like. Take note on a few things, like the portal in the middle, certain set pieces etc. I'll explain them in a bit.

The world will have it's own cycle I've decided, It'll work similar to winter but without the snow. After a few days most objects that you'll see will have roses growing over them like the concept art shows, the fog that you see in the graveyard biome will appear. It'll become a bit more quiet, the background noises will fade slightly creating a perfect creepy atmosphere. And then comes the cold, forcing you to stay near fires and get clothes like any other ol' winter. But again, no snow. Just that frosty feeling, or something. Blue berries wont grow back. Pretty much nothing will actually.

It wont last as long as winter though, and "summer" will probably end up slightly longer than the cold season. Once the heat comes back the roses will be gone, and it'll start raining occasionally.

I have also come up with an interesting backstory that I'll keep secret for now because Muahaha~

eIS6KGW.png

Here's a cave. Not a normal cave, it's a basement cave. If you look back at the map you'll see a set piece that looks like some ruins, with stairs in the middle. Yup, basement ruins.

Who knows what you'll find?

Notice also the walls from the cave pre-alpha version? I was hoping on bringing 'em back for these tiny dungeon rooms. I'm sure they'll work just fine in a constrained area like this..?

tqrZpw3.png
I'm not sure where I'm going with this but, Beacons. Gotta activate 'em all. By smashing them like a caveman :-) I have a few ideas, basically they're just a tool to force you to explore the map, get all the things, to unlock doors and stuff. They might have a secret function I'm not telling just yet.

You can spot a few of these in the examples map.

oCkLcTU.png
Ugh, I'll have to work on this one, not happy with it yet, but the idea is there.

So here we have the Pawn's nest. Very few will spawn randomly around the map like spider dens, and a heckload in certain biomes. They come with their own fancy turf as well but I kinda forgot to draw that. You can see it on the map as angel wings, along with it's dark turf surrounding it.

I still need help with the coding btw.. x)

All though I'm new and have no idea what Up&Away is all about what so ever, I'm very flattered that you think my ideas have a great potential in it, or even by itself x) Like Arc said I think this is kind of a standalone mod, it is to be experienced alone with it's own set of rules and atmosphere. With that said though, I am fine with cannibalizing certain bits you find awesome from this mod into Up&Away, or in general come up with new stuff for you.

Speaking of concepts and ideas

nIEPk1o.png

Here's how I have imagined the world generation to look like. Take note on a few things, like the portal in the middle, certain set pieces etc. I'll explain them in a bit.

The world will have it's own cycle I've decided, It'll work similar to winter but without the snow. After a few days most objects that you'll see will have roses growing over them like the concept art shows, the fog that you see in the graveyard biome will appear. It'll become a bit more quiet, the background noises will fade slightly creating a perfect creepy atmosphere. And then comes the cold, forcing you to stay near fires and get clothes like any other ol' winter. But again, no snow. Just that frosty feeling, or something. Blue berries wont grow back. Pretty much nothing will actually.

It wont last as long as winter though, and "summer" will probably end up slightly longer than the cold season. Once the heat comes back the roses will be gone, and it'll start raining occasionally.

I have also come up with an interesting backstory that I'll keep secret for now because Muahaha~

eIS6KGW.png

Here's a cave. Not a normal cave, it's a basement cave. If you look back at the map you'll see a set piece that looks like some ruins, with stairs in the middle. Yup, basement ruins.

Who knows what you'll find?

Notice also the walls from the cave pre-alpha version? I was hoping on bringing 'em back for these tiny dungeon rooms. I'm sure they'll work just fine in a constrained area like this..?

tqrZpw3.png

I'm not sure where I'm going with this but, Beacons. Gotta activate 'em all. By smashing them like a caveman :-) I have a few ideas, basically they're just a tool to force you to explore the map, get all the things, to unlock doors and stuff. They might have a secret function I'm not telling just yet.

You can spot a few of these in the examples map.

oCkLcTU.png

Ugh, I'll have to work on this one, not happy with it yet, but the idea is there.

So here we have the Pawn's nest. Very few will spawn randomly around the map like spider dens, and a heckload in certain biomes. They come with their own fancy turf as well but I kinda forgot to draw that. You can see it on the map as angel wings, along with it's dark turf surrounding it.

I still need help with the coding btw.. x)

Well there is a suggestions page in our subforum. You seem to be really creative, so I'd love to hear any ideas you may have. :razz: Anyways, back on topic.

This outine looks amazing. For setting the scale of an entity, you can do anim:SetScale(size) for whatever size you want. However, it's probably better looking to just increase the size in Spriter.

As for the crashing, I think it's because you're declaring 'anim' twice, once for inst.entity:AddAnimState() and another time for inst.entity:AddDynamicShadow(). Try changing the second 'anim' to 'shadow'. You'll probably want to declare the shadow size, as well. For every 'size' make sure it's a double. (As in 1.0, 1.1, 0.8, so on.)

inst.DynamicShadow:SetSize(size,size)

Edit: That rat is awesome.

Well there is a suggestions page in our subforum. You seem to be really creative, so I'd love to hear any ideas you may have. :razz: Anyways, back on topic.

This outine looks amazing. For setting the scale of an entity, you can do anim:SetScale(size) for whatever size you want. However, it's probably better looking to just increase the size in Spriter.

As for the crashing, I think it's because you're declaring 'anim' twice, once for inst.entity:AddAnimState() and another time for inst.entity:AddDynamicShadow(). Try changing the second 'anim' to 'shadow'. You'll probably want to declare the shadow size, as well. For every 'size' make sure it's a double. (As in 1.0, 1.1, 0.8, so on.)

inst.DynamicShadow:SetSize(size,size)

Edit: That rat is awesome.

I might take a look someday :) I should first study what mods there actually are in it, so that I know what to work with. But I'm too tired for that just now.

Thanks! It works rather well will the scale code I think :D I just figured out the shadow thing by looking at the games files, It's true I accidentally swapped 'Shadow' for 'anim' Haha.

There was also a problem with inspecting the thing, do you know anything about that too maybe?

Could I help with the quotes/strings?

Probably yeah! :) I got a handful of quotes in mind already though. Unless by "quote" you mean some coding thing I haven't heard of and not character quotes? Also what does strings do again? .__.

We are planning three levels and have finalised set themes for all three, so we'd only limit his creative influence. I'm not doubting how useful ideas and art are, please feel free to contribute should you wish (that goes out to everyone), but incorporating this entire level would rip apart our plan, and shoving his ideas into one of our levels would rip apart his plan. 

It is a full mod expansion, but not a 'take this mod, and this mod and make a mod pack' kinda way. :-)

Oooohhh... okay. So it IS kinda already finished. Well that's understandable. Obviously I'am not trying to shove him and put his ideas and say "I'll make the art. You code the level."

But yeah. All's ya had to say was that it was practically finished and/or had its own theme. Thanks for explaining.

I might take a look someday :-) I should first study what mods there actually are in it, so that I know what to work with. But I'm too tired for that just now.

Thanks! It works rather well will the scale code I think :grin: I just figured out the shadow thing by looking at the games files, It's true I accidentally swapped 'Shadow' for 'anim' Haha.

There was also a problem with inspecting the thing, do you know anything about that too maybe?

Probably yeah! :-) I got a handful of quotes in mind already though. Unless by "quote" you mean some coding thing I haven't heard of and not character quotes? Also what does strings do again? .__.

You can give something a name without specifying its strings by using

inst.components.inspectable.nameoverride = "name"

Oooohhh... okay. So it IS kinda already finished. Well that's understandable. Obviously I'am not trying to shove him and put his ideas and say "I'll make the art. You code the level."

But yeah. All's ya had to say was that it was practically finished and/or had its own theme. Thanks for explaining.

It's not nearly finished! Not even close. :p It's theme, however, is.

Archived