Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

the truthseeker

Teleportato Game World Day Count Did Not Reset When Traveling to a New World

the truthseeker    1,560

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

Platform

• Standalone

Do you use mods?

no

Version Number

Issue title

game world did not reset days and enemies (but did make a new game world) when using the Teleportato

Steps to reproduce

When exiting using the Teleportato, the game world started on the next day and did not reset to day one. Also, I was attacked by the previous world's monsters in the area when leaving. 

Describe your issue

I decided to see if the game still crashed when leaving for another world (Teleportato.) I played WX-78. I found all four things and the Wooden thing, but was killed in a swarm on day 21. I had a Touchstone re-spawn me on day 22, and was System Overloaded. I went back to the Wooden thing, but the game crashed before I could activate it or save the game. the game did reload, but I was again at the touchstone on day 22 but not Overloaded. Nearly dying (since I planned if I died to have the System overload time to get my stuff with WX-78) I got to my supplies and swapped to a backpack just before going through the Teleportato thinking I would show up in World 2-1 leaving World 1 on day 22 not needing Winter Gear or armor. As i left (exit animation,) several winter hounds showed up in world 1 near the Teleportato.  

I was given the option of continuing or the main menu. I chose to continue and re-selected WX-78. However, when I spawned in the new world, it was day 23, an unexplored world, still winter and snowing and I was immediately attacked by ice hounds that were the same number from world 1. I subsequently was freezing and too wounded and did not survive this assault. 

Bluntly, I died because it stuck me in winter on day 23 in an unexplored world surrounded by Ice hounds in low health when I should have shown up in Day 1 in Summer and time to re-settle. 

Update:

I started a new Game with Wx-78 went to a new world via the Teleportato on Day 21.

Note the Pic of the save game immediately after leaving shows World 2-21.

World2NoResetbug_zps53366f4b.jpg

World2NoResetbugGamePic_zpse5d43231.jpg

The day on World 2 not only did not reset to 1, time advanced as if you were entering/exiting Caves and/or Maxwell's Door. 

(BTW, when I arrived, i got a growling for a hound attack starting wave; I have no idea if this was coincidental or not.)

This needs to be either updated in the Update Notes as a changed feature (if this is the intended new game-play,) or needs to be fixed to reset the game in the next Hotfix (if this is not the intended game-play.) 

Wade    309

This is actually not a planned feature change.

Not sure what happened to cause this issue to be occurring, but I've let the programmers know about the issue and it is being discussed.

Thanks!

the truthseeker    1,560

I noted this (on the Release Notes page last update) due to this quote:

Should really put up a notice that says that going through the teleportato doesn't reset the days anymore. People are getting confused.

The reply there will educate others who are having difficulty and hopefully ask you and Kevin if they know what's causing this/if a hotfix for this is possible. 

My apologies (was waiting to see if there was a solution first) but my (delayed) thanks for looking into this! 

Sevayne    1

In your other topic here Wade responded with the following -

Yeah, I commented in the other thread as well. I apologize, but this wasn't a planned feature change, but just a result of one of the other changes\fixes that we made. That's why it was not part of the Update Notes.

In terms of the current functionality, despite it not being a planned change, we're likely going to keep the current functionality so that people can keep their accumulated amount of days, along with the added challenge that goes along with it.

I only found this after submitting another bug report on this earlier, so it seems it's an unintended change that they intend to leave, which has unfortunately not been documented in any patch notes.

It also seems to take you to the total number of days played, so I went from a 2-40 world into a 3-97 one, can't wait to use it on my 3-143 one where I'm playing each character in turn - Wendy is not going to have a fun start!

Wade    309

Yeah, in our discussions, we decided that although it was an unintentional change, that it made sense to have the accumulated number of days carry over to the new world.

d2r    80

I just want to weigh in on this briefly with a dissenting opinion. Having the days retained does seem to eliminate one of the big uses of the teleportato - relief from hound attacks. Also you might start in winter, which could be a bad thing for an undocumented change if you're unprepared for it. Also, for OCD purposes, it does feel better to start from World 2-1 rather than 2-97 or what have you.

In any case - if you are going to keep it, I think you might want to put it into the patch notes so it doesn't catch people off-guard.