[WIP Collab] Charlie Character Mod

Seyph

Because he did nothing.

Anyway Mod died.

Would be great if they will give textures someone who can finish it, but this will not happen also.

Why death?

Also, like someone else stated,

I can contribute to coding aspects, but also with the art.

Why death?

As a mod maker I can say: Because any character mod could be made in ONE WEEK (especially with 4 devs in team) and they have already been making it for 5 MONTHS... too long.

I can contribute to coding aspects, but also with the art.

Start team a-new and give people mod they want :)    If you can code and draw whats would be VERY EASY.

Where are the assets that did get made?

No leader of mod-making team = no code, no assets, no anything. All gone to the other side (

I would be glad to make quotes! I just finished the speech mod template, too, so my board is clear in regards to projects. Also, look on page 6 for a portion of KidneyBeanBoy's work.

Also, Desblat, the previous artist was having lots of real life problems... D:

I would recommend, even if someone else here IS going to pick up the slack, that a thread be made in Kleislist.

As a mod maker I can say: Because any character mod could be made in ONE WEEK (especially with 4 devs in team) and they have already been making it for 5 MONTHS... too long.

As a mod maker, I can say it takes a lot of effort to make complicated mods. I've been working on mine for 3 months or so, and it has at least another month to go.

Well i watched your work on youtube and there nothing to compare to almost any character mod here, maybe Link is on same board :-)

Your work is probably great demotivator for newcomers :joyous:.

I guess Desblat talks about simple character mod with basic graphics stuff like character animation, portraits and basic stats, without scripting.

Well i watched your work on youtube and there nothing to compare to almost any character mod here, maybe Link is on same board :-)

Your work is probably great demotivator for newcomers :joyous:.

Em... Have you seen how old is that video?

Yeah, we're talking a rather complex one. It's not to be taken lightly, for sure.

Yeah, mod is complex, but I don't see any info about development stage and...  doesn't really matter, if  4 of 5  devs and team-leader is off-line since December, also 5th one gave up mod-making.

May be I am mistaking and they now use new accounts?

Anyways, I really want to play as Charlie. It is a pity what there are no info from devs...

So, are you going to keep working on quotes, or should I take over for you?

Well, I suppose you could, but I don't think the others are even working on this. I'd advise you to check if the other two here are active first.

Sorry I'm not understand it.

What is FTFY

Fixed That For You.

Well, I suppose you could, but I don't think the others are even working on this. I'd advise you to check if the other two here are active first.

Alright. I'll put it on my to-do list. It's been 8 months since @Sukoushi has been on here. But i'm going to do it anyways, just in the off-chance someone else decides to pick up the slack and continue where she left off.

EDIT: 3 months. My bad. Really, if she showed her face around here and finished the rest of the art, why, we could consider the first version done, basically.

For what it's worth, I'm still more than willing to do the script - I joined the forum to offer, actually. =) I'm a writer, I'm unemployed at the moment, and I could have it done in a couple days if I set down to do it.

Of course, that's if anyone would like for me to try.

Can we all stop acting like modders owe you something?

Sukoushi had real-world problems take over. As have most of the high-level mod artists around here.

Bitching and moaning about that is not going to help things.

Saying that any character mod could be done in a week is ******* bullshit, unless your character is basic as hell, or you are some kind of coding genius and unbelievable artist.

Good art takes time. Complex code takes time.

My Link mod has been in development for well over 6 months, and is nowhere near done.

It is really disrespectful to any creator to just say "hurry up and create."

Because it's not that easy.

If you think it's easy, you probably suck.

We all have a lot to learn about the system every step of the way. And half-assed bullshit isn't going to satisfy anyone.

Okay, so, I'm in a shitty mood. But that doesn't change jack ****.

Stop disrespecting and trivialising creators. Because if you treat us like machines instead of people, you're gonna be sorely ******* disappointed, and I'm gonna give you the ******* robot finger.

I *really* hope it didn't seem like I was hoping to rush anyone? I don't mind however long this takes, I just love the character and I just wanted to see if I could help with something.

I agree though, people need to stop and think about how long things take!

Sugestion, this could get a lot simpler if you use the Sanity meter instead of the "Gruesome" to determine the transformations, once the sanity meter gets down in the total dark and its easy to flow and control it in the game and it gives better lore for the character in the game.

By the way, isn`t her doing all the stuff behind, the game? i mean, since the game looks exactly like the stage they were performing,(possible as a stage partner she made the props on the stage herself?) she simply disappear with no reason, maybe when she got to the world as she was sucked first by the dark hands, the world changed her and she trapped maxwell on a never-ending loop maybe to stop him? as he was going insane with de dark power. (maybe that`s the reason that you die when gets insane?)  also that shadow that appears on the corner of the screen, isn't it charlie it self? with the crazy hair and all. PS: Great ideas here, looking forward for her meeting with Maxwell too, but i bet its gonna be a gruesome one.

Well, shoot, It seems everyone has disappeared. It was a lot of fun to read through your guy's progress and the excitement you had while you were working. 

Thanks for a great read! 

oh, and those Charlie pictures... dynamite!

Archived