[WIP Collab] Charlie Character Mod

Seyph

This is based on a drawing by Willette:

XrDXo0w.png

What do you think about giving her a recipe for a shadow umbrella? I'm not sure what its effects would be, but visually it suits her.

zWIyWtl.png

I have a simple idea on what it could do;

Decrease sanity

Increase gruesomeness (if increase is still the one which helps, haven't kept up as much as I should =P)

This is based on a drawing by Willette:

XrDXo0w.png

What do you think about giving her a recipe for a shadow umbrella? I'm not sure what its effects would be, but visually it suits her.

zWIyWtl.png

I like it.

There are two ways right now you can impact gruesomeness one is to directly increase/decrease it the other is you can impact the static luminosity which basically makes it darker or lighter than it already is.

My thoughts would be a shadow umbrella would make it darker. So if you want a high amount of gruesomeness you would want a shadow umbrella during the day  or near a fire so you don't start naturally creeping up.

I have been thinking about adding more items that affect the luminosity one already for a test is the garland and I thought about the straw hat making it effectively darker by a small amount but more items would be great.

@Nycidian

@Sukoushi

If you'd like to do something like the screenshot I posted, all I did was take the umbrella atlas (only the one in swap_umbrella.zip, since this was just a quick mock up for a screenshot), desaturate it, shift the colour curve down a bit and reduce the opacity (the game's "shadow thingies" have an opacity of 50%, but I left it at about 60% to preserve a few more details of the artwork).

@Nycidian

@Sukoushi

If you'd like to do something like the screenshot I posted, all I did was take the umbrella atlas (only the one in swap_umbrella.zip, since this was just a quick mock up for a screenshot), desaturate it, shift the colour curve down a bit and reduce the opacity (the game's "shadow thingies" have an opacity of 50%, but I left it at about 60% to preserve a few more details of the artwork).

Isn't there a way to reduce opacity on the entire animation in the game? 

Isn't there a way to reduce opacity on the entire animation in the game?

Yes, but this would make Charlie semi-transparent (at least when holding the umbrella, since when doing that it's a part of Charlie's animation state), which I don't think is what you want.

Oh hey. I'm back. Sorry about the disappearing act, I've just... kind of been demotivated to do any kind of work, lately. Gave myself a kick in the butt a few days ago and back on track for now.

So what with that final act video, I decided to redo Charlie's assets. Pfft. Artists. Never satisfied.

Atlas:

post-262695-0-25588000-1383895363_thumb.

Why'd no-one tell me I forgot her rose the first time?!

Big portrait:

post-262695-0-65290400-1383895419_thumb.

And some random references and concept stuff

Yes. I really did feel the need to model her dress out of clay to make sense of the design. It would've bugged me so much otherwise, you have no idea, guys.

post-262695-0-83033500-1383895527_thumb.

post-262695-0-72300500-1383895535_thumb.

Oh hey. I'm back. Sorry about the disappearing act, I've just... kind of been demotivated to do any kind of work, lately. Gave myself a kick in the butt a few days ago and back on track for now.

So what with that final act video, I decided to redo Charlie's assets. Pfft. Artists. Never satisfied.

Atlas:

attachicon.gifredo.png

Big portrait:

attachicon.gifredoport.png

Yes. I really did feel the need to model her dress out of clay to make sense of the design. It would've bugged me so much otherwise, you have no idea, guys.

attachicon.gifclaymodel.png

attachicon.gifref&concept.png

Wow, she looks even more amazing now!

I love the concept art, and I can't wait to try this mod :love-struck:

You've all done a really good job with this! ^^

For the rabbit followers I think that this could somewhat logically be handled by having the tophat, when crafted by Charlie, gain a trap component. This would be a perfect time to swap a rabbit prefab out with a rabbit_follower prefab so you can set up all the custom behaviors you need without having to track state values to switch between normal and follower modes.

For the rabbit followers I think that this could somewhat logically be handled by having the tophat, when crafted by Charlie, gain a trap component. This would be a perfect time to swap a rabbit prefab out with a rabbit_follower prefab so you can set up all the custom behaviors you need without having to track state values to switch between normal and follower modes.

^

| This.

Atlas:

attachicon.gifredo.png

Big portrait:

attachicon.gifredoport.png

attachicon.gifclaymodel.png

attachicon.gifref&concept.png

post-267484-0-58767400-1383984224_thumb.

I'm in love.

So fabulous! So gorgeous!

So well done!!

Bravo, darling!

Bravo!

Any news? Will this be uploaded to steam workshop once its done?

Well, by my understanding, there's still 3 more sets of sprites that have to be done for Charlie, before it might possibly be considered NOT a WIP. Not to mention a possible mechanic having to do with rabbits.

EDIT: Check the downloads section. There's an example mod that might help with getting rabbits to follow Charlie.

Any news? Will this be uploaded to steam workshop once its done?

When it gets to a decent stage yes it will be uploaded, as for progress Xainfaith ATM the moment is MIA but its only been a a week or so so I'm waiting to see if perhaps he just got super busy at work if he doesn't get back I'll take over what he was doing or find someone else as I had turned someone down for coding help recently as with me an Xain it seemed at the time we were fine.

Btw, have you seen Cheerios mod which basically makes it super easy to add the rabbit as a follower for you? Idk if you might've actually already done that, just wanted to let you know in case.

I have not seen it but I know of it but Xain already has the follower part in the mod last I heard he was working on getting the rabbit not to run away from you when it was following you, and from comments about Cheerios mod in another thread apparently the rabbits have the same problem in his mod so its likely not all that helpful to us. Though if Xain does not show back up it might help me to understand whats going on if I have to take over that part of the code.

• Developer

My mod adds the follow behaviour as the third action in everyone's brain which happens to be after the runaway behaviour.  If you insert it as the second element, it'll be higher priority than the runaway actions and they will prefer to follow you.  I just thought it was more entertaining the other way :).

My mod adds the follow behaviour as the third action in everyone's brain which happens to be after the runaway behaviour.  If you insert it as the second element, it'll be higher priority than the runaway actions and they will prefer to follow you.  I just thought it was more entertaining the other way :-).

I haven't really looked closely at what Xainfaith was doing but If I remember correctly he put the follow behavior first and the bunny was still running away when you got close to it however that's what he said, its possible it wasn't working like he thought it was.

Anyway if he does not  get back to me with a week or so I'll be looking at it more closely, thank you for the imput

Archived