[WIP Collab] Charlie Character Mod

Seyph

Do you mean this?

attachicon.gifbkg.png

I left it as is so it doesn't look out of place amongst the other badges.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, is this happening to you?

attachicon.gifbadges.png

It looks like the sanity and grue badges are getting a double frame overlay that is slightly misaligned.

I did men that but it needs to be there it just should be green as in this game green for the widgets means good and at 0 when I reverse the widget which i'm going to do 0 gruesomeness will mean men she is normal charlie so in a good state ( so green) which will be gradually covered up as she gets more gruesome ( ie bad).

I'll look into the double  frames when I get a chance I have a guess as too why.

As for the face

I don't think the bobbing is why look at my picture I aligned both top and bottom this includes the bow yet still it was longer than the other head, and i'm not sure if that looks better as I would really need to see it in the game to get a good idea

I did men that but it needs to be there it just should be green as in this game green for the widgets means good and at 0 when I reverse the widget which i'm going to do 0 gruesomeness will mean men she is normal charlie so in a good state ( so green) which will be gradually covered up as she gets more gruesome ( ie bad).

Fair enough.

As for the face

I don't think the bobbing is why look at my picture I aligned both top and bottom this includes the bow yet still it was longer than the other head, and i'm not sure if that looks better as I would really need to see it in the game to get a good idea

Yes, but that's the head by itself. I was talking about the actual face (eyes, nose, mouth, etc) when I mentioned the bobbing. :razz: That's not to say the head isn't susceptible to some minor tilting that could possibly result in the "elongation" effect, though that's just speculation. I'll take a further look into it, nonetheless.

@Nycidian Here's the new .tex files. The head elongation doesn't seem to be an issue on my end.

attachicon.gifheads.png

attachicon.gifanim.zip

Its actually still there your not lining up the top and bottom of the head/body

post-290854-0-09628700-1382767187_thumb.

You can see when you adjust the picture on the right down to line up the rest of the picture as much as is possible, now the head in profile is very apparently longer.

post-290854-0-96779900-1382767204_thumb.

@Nycidian

Aren't you being overly picky? :razz:

I don't see how wanting something to look its best is overly picky if Sukoushi wants to keep it this way that is fine its their art but it is my prerogative to point out what I see as flaws. Charlie looks fantastic when facing but there is something not quite right in profile  to me, I am explaining why I think it looks off.

Its actually still there your not lining up the top and bottom of the head/body

attachicon.gifface_compare.jpg

You can see when you adjust the picture on the right down to line up the rest of the picture as much as is possible, now the head in profile is very apparently longer.

attachicon.gifface_example3.png

Well, just so you know, I was excluding the background loop of the hair-bow due to depth of field, which is why it's slightly higher than the foreground loop. Also, remember that, due to the idle animation, a split second difference can result in "misalignment issues" in a screenshot, when it normally wouldn't be the case.

Btw, in case you missed it:

Well, just so you know, I was excluding the background loop of the hair-bow due to depth of field, which is why it's slightly higher than the foreground loop. Also, remember that, due to the idle animation, a split second difference can result in "misalignment issues" in a screenshot, when it normally wouldn't be the case.

If your happy with it then its fine I think it definitely looks much better I still think its a bit long but that is just me.

Btw, in case you missed it:

Here is the updated version changing the direction of how the gruesome meter works it should hopefully illustrate to you why I wanted the background to be green as well.

charlie_repo_0.21.zip

It will definitely need some testing as its likely I missed something.

Edit: already found a bug with attacks

Updated file: charlie_repo_0.22.zip

This looks amazing. Is anyone already doing the character quotes?

I was going to start on those but so far no not really I've been putting it off because I'm lazy :-)

If you want a go at them your welcome too just an FYI while some of the quotes will be the same, some of them will need to eventually change depending on gruesomeness. If you can get the base strings done for her we'll see if what strings we want to change if any and worry about that later however.

Here is the base speech file with the changes that are necessary none of the actual string are correct save one but the variable names are all there including the minor changes.

speech_NC.zip

@Sukoushi

If you have not seen it here is a video with a bit more of charlie in it

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/max/stage/1/grand-finale.html

Yes, I know. I've been following the puzzle since the beginning. I downloaded the pictures and even the video to use as proper(!) references. :p

Also, for some reason, I don't seem to get mention notifications anymore, even though it's enabled...

I was going to start on those but so far no not really I've been putting it off because I'm lazy :-)

If you want a go at them your welcome too just an FYI while some of the quotes will be the same, some of them will need to eventually change depending on gruesomeness. If you can get the base strings done for her we'll see if what strings we want to change if any and worry about that later however.

Here is the base speech file with the changes that are necessary none of the actual string are correct save one but the variable names are all there including the minor changes.

attachicon.gifspeech_NC.zip

My computer is too stupid to comprehend that file. Would it be the same converted into text form?

i liked the idea where did you find this pic i remember this pic before lol you smart :wilson_goodjob:

but when it's almost night time maxwell say (charlie is waking up soon) in the youtube i saw skull24 has made a video than i now know how did maxwell and charlie got to don't starve world but i don't know what happened to charlie i mean i saw her get to ds (don't starve) world but i didn't what did the shadow monster

has made her truing into a monster i am wondering why she attack any human and wx-78

any way great job :wilson_goodjob:

Archived