How many players play on Custom Worlds?

-poll title here-  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the World Customization Screen?

• No, vanilla is tasty. (Default settings)
    • Yes, to make the game easier. (More food/resources, less mobs, etc)
    • Yes, to make the game harder. (Less food/resources, more mobs, etc)
    • Yes, but it's more for a personal playstyle. (Not so motivated by change of difficulty)
    • Yes, on Default Plus or Lights Out.

All default except no Gobblers.  One of the few elements of difficulty in this game that I find to be much more irritating than a fun challenge, as it just means that every time you go around picking berries you have a chance of having to suddenly drop everything to chase after this fast *noun phrase* and figure out how to kill it lest it go around looking smug and inevitably wandering onto the next screen where there are nonrenewable Mandrakes for it to devour.  I haven't really gotten into caves or ruins yet either, but they're easy to ignore so far and then I can go search for them when I feel like it, so I leave them on.  Yay for options: to each eir own!  *glassclink*

All default except no Gobblers.  One of the few elements of difficulty in this game that I find to be much more irritating than a fun challenge, as it just means that every time you go around picking berries you have a chance of having to suddenly drop everything to chase after this fast *noun phrase* and figure out how to kill it lest it go around looking smug and inevitably wandering onto the next screen where there are nonrenewable Mandrakes for it to devour.  I haven't really gotten into caves or ruins yet either, but they're easy to ignore so far and then I can go search for them when I feel like it, so I leave them on.  Yay for options: to each eir own!  *glassclink*

Pick berries at dusk/night. Problem solved.

Ha, those gobblers...I actually have no trouble with them because I don't rely on pan flutes at all. I know their worth, but I feel more satisfied hoarding darts for some reason. Maybe because they're completely renewable. (I know mandrakes are in caves but still)

Anyway, as Cynical Cynicist said. I'll pick berries at dusk/night if I have a berry farm. If picking in early-game/ during the day, I have red mushrooms in hand OR sacrifice a seed/petals to hypnotise and cull them accordingly. Late-game, they're no problem, I let their meat rot. xD

(I know mandrakes are in caves but still)

The last update fixed that :p

As for gobblers i never understood the complaints people have. They're only (slightly) annoying in the first days of the game. It makes me think the average days survived for most people is 10 days... I mean c'mon...

The last update fixed that :razz:

As for gobblers i never understood the complaints people have. They're only (slightly) annoying in the first days of the game. It makes me think the average days survived for most people is 10 days... I mean c'mon...

And assuming that you accidentally provoke one to come out, you can chase it with the walking cane into a tooth trap and get a free morsel + drumstick.

And assuming that you accidentally provoke one to come out, you can chase it with the walking cane into a tooth trap and get a free morsel + drumstick.

Or just hold Ctrl-F (or Alt in my case) while picking berries and punch it to death as it spawns.

Wait, there's no more mandrakes in caves? I haven't played since Underground, haha. xD I do love chasing them into tooth traps just to watch them rot, lol. Tried the force-attack "before" force-attack was implemented and didn't find that very consistent, but I'm tempted to do that the next time I play.

Wait, there's no more mandrakes in caves? I haven't played since Underground, haha. xD I do love chasing them into tooth traps just to watch them rot, lol. Tried the force-attack "before" force-attack was implemented and didn't find that very consistent, but I'm tempted to do that the next time I play.

Well there still are but you can't regen caves anymore, which means there's more mandrakes per world but they're still non renewable.

Force attack is a lot easier now that there's an attack key.

Never understood the gobbler hate. They're only mildly annoying, and even set to "more" I don't see them very often.

They're also free food if you drop a berry on the ground, since they'll choose to slowly walk towards it while being hacked to death by an axe instead of running away.

Archived