Straw Roll vs Fur Roll vs Tent

Straw Roll vs Fur Roll vs Tent  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Bed roll, Fur roll, or the Tent?

So, after mulling it over a bit, i couldn't really decide which of the three was the best, so i've come to you guys for some opinions ^_^

so, im going to list the pros and cons of each item (both from the wiki and my own observations) and let you guys decide which is the best - Note - Putting em all in spoilers because its a fairly big list

Straw Roll -

Pros

1 - Restores 33 Sanity

2 - Skips night

3 - Portable

4 - Doesn't require very hard to get resources

Cons

1 - Lose 75 Hunger

2 - 1 use

Fur Roll -

Pros

1 - Restores 33 Sanity

2 - Restores 30 Health

3 - 3 uses 

4 - Sets temperature to max

5 - Portable

Cons

1 - Much more difficult to get then a straw roll or a tent, due to the caves being a very dangerous place

2 - Lose 75 Hunger

Tent - 

Pros

1 - Restores 60 Health

2 - Restores 50 Sanity

3 - 6 uses

Cons

1 - Stationary

2 - Lose 75 Hunger

3 - A little harder to get then the straw roll, for spiders can be dangerous to new players

So, what do you think? which of the three are superior?

Sleep is for the weak!!!!

Reason i sleep alot is because, for 1 im using the Badass wilson mod, which at night drains your sanity really fast, and my frequent outings generally leave me with very low health so i have to sleep alot until i can get some more healing salves

Reason i sleep alot is because, for 1 im using the Badass wilson mod, which at night drains your sanity really fast, and my frequent outings generally leave me with very low health so i have to sleep alot until i can get some more healing salves

Fair argument, but only download character mods and I never found the use to sleep yet And I tend to need food a lot (I still a noob) so sleeping would only be a burden for me :p

Fair argument, but only download character mods and I never found the use to sleep yet And I tend to need food a lot (I still a noob) so sleeping would only be a burden for me :razz:

If you want my opinion, the absolute best use for sleep, is carrying around a fur roll and some meaty stew/dragonpies for long adventures so you don't have to keep using resources to make fires and such

Me personally, i usually carry around a good 1-2 stacks of grass with me for things like torches, straw rolls and stuff, but the tent is my favorite because of its ease to get, and it restores health, the fur roll is pretty difficult to get mid-game considering, your probably still living off meat by then and bunnymen are a pain to fight in groups

There's not one "best" option. Well maybe yes, since the fur roll is essentialy a better version of the straw roll, but comparing it to the tent? Nope. It's like comparing a laptop to a desktop computer.

i could swear i posted this message yesterday...

When in my base in winter above ground a tent is superior for restoring sanity. When exploring nomadicly a straw roll is fine. However it's just not cost effective to get the puffs to make fur rolls (especially with the bug that doesn't reset warmth.)

Fur rolls do restore warmth; it's straw rolls and tents that don't. Besides, if you get a lot of rabbit hutches above ground it's easy to harvest bunny buffs.

Unless you're Wickerbottom, yes. 

Remember that topic I made about wishing I never read the wiki? xD

I never see a point to sleeping... I got things to do in the night, like catching fireflies or wiping out hordes of spiders. (it's so much faster to clear the forest when they ALL run at you at the same time xD and I let teh dens stay there so I have something to do the next night.)

Archived