"Wishes For The Last Update" thread.

The time has come. Only one update left from the 6 months of free updates; so i decided to put this thread up where everyone can list their wishes about it. I'm not talking about ideas for mobs, characters or anything new, just tweaks and fixes for things currently in the game.

Post your wish and i'll add it to the OP so that @Kevin , @Alia and the others can see them all in one place.

Bugs:

- Friendly Damaged Clockworks shouldn't attack Chester on sight.
- Hostile Damaged Clockworks should retaliate when attacked by friendly ones.
- One can still cut trees and mine rocks using the torch or lantern by using the keyboard to switch items during the action.
- Pathfinding for mobs now that walls don't move is non-existent.
- Tents and Rolls don't warm you fully due to a typo in the code.
- The Wrebeaver does actions AND attacks with the spacebar. They should be differentiated.
- When reloading the game, picked up light flowers will look like they're not picked, though they will not produce light and can't be picked up again.
- Sometimes when you visit your pigs a day or two after a full moon you will encounter werepigs wandering around at daylight.
- Shadow hands still don't appear.
- Now that perma-death is implemented items shouldn't lose all durability when you die in a cave.
- When entering a cave after dying you drop at the same place where you died instead of the cave's entrance.
- The game sometimes lags during winter.
- Tentacles cause no damage to Eyeplants or Abigail

Features:

- Less generic examination quotes for characters. Which means less "It's...a thing".
- A good reason to go to the caves. Having Teleportato Pieces or even Maxwell's door down there would be good.
- Friendly Damaged Clockworks should attack sanity creatures like in the trailer for the "A Moderately Friendly Update".
- Adventure Mode worlds presets unlockable by defeating them a number of times in AM.
- Different quotes for Wolfgang's different forms. I can't help but laugh when Wimpgang says "my mighty arms"...
- Have only one Chester when moving through caves...
- Bones and skeletons should be able to,be removed and give you saltpetre or something.
- Krampusnachts in the vanilla game
- Tallbird life cycle. Raised ones make nests when reaching adulthood.
- More world gen sliders for more customization and a randomizer for said settings
- A good reason to go into spider infested quarries in the caves. Are really some stones worth the death to spiders?
- Bring back the options to hide the HUD, pause the camera and get an aerial view in the vanilla game.
- A way to know how much life followers have left.
- Make forests slowly expand every time it rains. Pinecones can be caught by winter and plant themselves after a while in the spot they drop. Making forest containment a worry for the player.
- Why does Wilson miss me when i leave the game? I don't play as him :razz:
- More, varied set pieces both above and under ground
- A legend for the map and ability to toggle entities showed in it
- All resources renewable. Having to leave the world if you want let's say more fireflies is lame.
- When it's winter top side, some times snow flakes fall through the openings in the cave's ceiling.
- You need to build a rope to go spelunking. 
- Synchronize the day-night cycle between caves and the surface so if any settings to the length of the day states (day, dusk, night) are reflected in caves.

Tweaks:

- Make the Alchemy Engine harder to make and require different materials from the Science Machine like is the case for Prestihatitator and Shadow Manipulator.
- Tweak Willow's perk. Now that we won't have lava caves and heat season her fire immunity is not that great...
- Tweak the Chilled Amulet for the same reasons as above.
- Tweak the Ham Bat. Now that flint is renewable it's not that useful.
- A use for the Compass...
- Tweak WX-78's upgrade system. Gears are abundant now and he can be upgraded fully without going into a new world. Gears are an OP source of food that can be exploited in Adv. Mode. The Telelocator Staff's lightning can be used to overcharge him at will. Also Meat Effigies shouldn't work with him, unless he's really Tony Stark.
- Make Wolfgang's middle form something more than just a more expensive beardless Wilson. And fixed bonus damage and health instead of receding ones would be great...
- Spiders making happy faces when they follow you with the Spider Hat equipped
- NERF HONEY! Well it's been said many times but once one has more than 4 bee boxes they can live solely on honey. No need for crock pots and other foods. Making the honeycomb not a 100% drop from Beehives (not drop at all from Wasp hives) or make it soo you need more flowers per beebox would be a start...
- Maxwell should have his Strange New Power
- Rain should be more damaging for everyone giving the Umbrella a use.
- Wickerbottom should have her food penalty when food is in the yellow. Also she should have her bonus work with the magic tier too, so only a science machine and prestihatitator are needed to unlock all the recipes.
- Baby tree saplings should not still be referd to as 'pinecones' with pinecones descriptions.
- Bee mines shouldn't need a plank of wood...it makes no sense; change it to saltpetre or something to fit the image.
- Ancient Guardian respawns after a long while, making horns and thulecite not finite.
- Worm appearing on the surface and more cave inhabitants invading the surface in general.
- Nerf Koalefant drops or buff the drops of Deerclops and A. Guardian. It doesn't make sense that with the drastic difference in difficulty they drop the same things.
- Make sanity creatures immune to tooth traps. They already walk through walls so it doesn't make sense.
- Stalagmites should drop nitre too.
- Better use for the Glow Berry. Super fuel for the lantern or making glowing meals.
- More uses for mushrooms
- Better use for the pumpkin lantern
- Better following Abigail, make her teleport to you if she's too far away.
- Followers do not attack each-other
- Batilisks shouldn't die from eating monster meat
- A purpose to the mosquitoes other than just be annoying
- A little nerf to Depth Worm waves as they make late game caves very tedious.
- Change the recipe of the Sewing Kit to use stingers instead of teeth.
- Rock Lobsters on the surface breed too fast.

Artwork:

- Different art for each characters Meat Effigy.
- Change into the Cave generation loading screen. There's no more lava level now... And make one for the Ruins too.
- Wolfgang should have biceps too. When he does his "I am mighty" animation his triceps make his arms look floppy...

Wickerbottom's character model should have her eyes open.

Maxwell should have his Strange New Power.

Rain should be more damaging for everyone giving the Umbrella a use.

Wickerbottom should have her food penalty when food is in the yellow.

Baby tree saplings should not still be refers to as 'pinecones' with pinecones descriptions.

Bones and skeletons should be able to,be removed and give you saltpetre or something.

Bee mines shouldn't need a plank of wood...it makes no sense; change it to saltpetre or something to fit the image.

A new biome:

Worm biome.

Pros:

*Some glow berry lures will be actual plants.

*You won't need a fire, except to cook, due to the glow berry spawn rate.

New terrain: Worm terrain.

Cons:

*Worm attacks will happen on surface, due to it being a surface biome.

*Worm attacks will be more often

*Merms will also spawn here.

- Krampusnachts in the vanilla game (get ready DS players! This is mandatory!)

- Tallbird life cycle

- Maxwell rebalance

- Better use for the red mushrooms

- Ancient Guardian respawns after a long while, making him not finite

- Worm appearing on the surface and more cave inhabitants invading the surface in general

- More world gen sliders for more customization

All I got for now ^^

- Krampusnachts in the vanilla game (get ready DS players! This is mandatory!)

- Tallbird life cycle

- Maxwell rebalance

- Ancient Guardian respawns after a long while, making him not finite

- Worm appearing on the surface and more cave inhabitants invading the surface in general

- More world gen sliders for more customization

All I got for now ^^

The worm part is in my new biome idea.

Wickerbottom's character model should have her eyes open.

I think those are intentional...

The chilled amulet freezes enemies that hit you... just saying...

I knew that. And with that in mind i wrote the suggestion.

The worm part is in my new biome idea.

Something that wraps up the update secrets into one big story.

Thanks for letting me know guys, i edited the OP and put the part in bold.

I'm not sure if the developers will be able to implement most of these things, it is possible that they already have all the stuff that they will be add in the last update and probably most of these ideas would take more time for developers who already have busy ending this great game.

However, there are many great ideas that really should be heard:

First, we need a reason to go to the caves, we can finish the adventure mode without entering the caves, in fact I think that's not possible (I've never seen the entrance to the caves in adventure mode).

Also would be great some history of the other characters, the story of Maxwell we have seen in images of secret messages in past updates has been wonderful but the updates are finished and I still I have many questions about how a girl like wendy or a lumberjack as woodie built a portal like wilson or used another method to finish in the DS world and how or why the other characters made ​​the deal with Maxwell

Second: What happened to game performance?, I mean that from a little rain update performance significantly improved, I playt on my laptop and the game goes well, (is powerful), but in my netbook that reaches the minimum requirements I started to notice fallen fps at times and places that did not make sense, since Update hungry for you hunger .

I hope that developers already have some of these fps problems solved for the latest update

Third, a better balance of some items, as some users have said, some items have a cost greater than the benefits provided.

Finally I want to thank the developers for this amazing game, which will not be the same without the updates DX, the control support is what I had been waiting since the first update

I just want willow to be rebalanced.

She's not really different.Right now,just low sanity and that freaking random fire is what let me knows I'm playing as willow,and not as a reskinned wilson

Also,nerf koalefant drops.He's as big as the beefaloes but drops as much meat as the ancient guardian?Seriously?

I just want willow to be rebalanced.

She's not really different.Right now,just low sanity and that freaking random fire is what let me knows I'm playing as willow,and not as a reskinned wilson

Also,nerf koalefant drops.He's as big as the beefaloes but drops as much meat as the ancient guardian?Seriously?

...I SUPPORT THIS MAN!

I would like a way to know if followers are hurt or not, like when examining them Wilson will say "He's part of my entourage, he's doesn't look so good" or something like that, characters already do so with walls, by adding "I think I can fix this".

I've paranoically wasted tons of healing poultices in my eye turret for not knowing if it's hurt or not, also with broken chess pieces...

You can get sick from the following:

• Being out in the rain without an umbrella.

• During winter, reaching the second frost stage(frost effect on screen) will make you sick the day after tomorrow. Reaching the 3rd will make you sick the following day and reaching the fourth will make you sick within 2 minutes. (can't remember if there is a fourth frost effect?)

• Eating to much spoiled food. While eating spoiled food the character's will say something about how they feel, each time you eat spoiled food the phrase will change to the worse, after 10 spoiled (around 25-30% left before rot) non crock pot cocked item's you will get sick. If it's spoiled food cocked with a crock pot it will require only 3 eaten items to get sick. This rate slowly reset over time during a 7 day cycle. For example if the character ate 9 spoiled berry's after 30% of a 7 day cycle have gone past he would be able to eat 2 more spoiled berry's but would have to wait a bit more before he could eat a crock pot cooked spoiled item. (The spoiled percent need to be around 25-30% left of the food before rot to be able to make you sick) 

While sick:

• 1 Health point lost for each 1 hunger point lost. Your health get's worse as you are sick.
  • Sanity will drop by 1 point for each 2 health point's lost. Being sick is not fun for anyone.
  • Hunger drain's at 20% faster rate while sick.  Fighting sickness requires a lot of 'fuel' to fight after all.

To cure sickness you will need to make some kind of medicine.

• New tree: Willow. Eating 1 leaf or a piece of bark will reverse the effect of one spoiled food intake. (If you have eaten just one spoiled food and the character get a little bit closer to sick while if you eat bark or leaf from this tree will make you perfectly healthy again)
  • New plant: Ginger. Eating one ginger will have the effect of eating 4 bark's or leaf's from the willow. However it will lower sanity by 15.
  • New crock pot recipe: 1 Ginger, 1 Leaf(willow), 1 bark(willow), 1 honey. Will create a medicine that can be reset the the all intake of eaten spoiled food.
    If used while already sick it will make you healthy after 1 full day cycle.

Idea not that planned: Reduce hunger drain rate and add a thirst bar. Thirst would drain at the current hunger rate while hunger drain at maybe 10% slower than the current rate.

Instead of nerfing the koelafant meat drops you could just alter it's spawn rate and make it 1 week for example (so you won't get a new koelafant spawn for 1 week after you killed last one). Because otherwise you can simply make it drop just the trunks and have nobody bother hunting them anymore once they have their puffy / breezy vests and steady supply of sewing kits.

Instead of nerfing the honey or the drops from bee houses, just add durability to bee houses built by players, say you can harvest one only 10 times after which it won't produce honey or spawn new bees. This would also require a new mechanic for bees so that wild bees will make a new bee house themselves after a set amount of time (like give a wild bee house a chance to spawn a bee queen which increases as time passes, and the bee queen will go and settle into a new bee house).

Especially with the new perma death mechanic in the caves all characters should have equal access to revives (altars, meat effigies, amulets of life giving).

Discovering a crock pot recipe for first time should reward a sanity bonus to the player same as building prototypes does.

During rain / snow pines should fall from trees and be carried by wind, then settle themselves when the bad weather stops, growing into small pines. This will give an expanding factor to forests and create interesting scenarios, and make the player be aware of how the forest develops. For example trees could start growing next to your base and next storm could set everything on fire if you don't take action :)

Having machine parts spawn in the caves is ok, but should be an option and not the default setting - also requires some tweaks to the detector device as it will need to point out the direction underground if you are on the surface.

Discovering a crock pot recipe for first time should reward a sanity bonus to the player same as building prototypes does.

With the wiki around people would just make some recipes to regain sanity...

As for the other things i just put the suggestion, how they implement it is in the devs hands.

Archived