[Halloween challenge] Help Wanted: Mod team looking for artist.

KidneyBeanBoy

The Halloween challenge is coming up, and me and a couple others are making a Waverly character mod (Waverly was an unimplemented character found in the games files. She's a witch.), Yet we don't have anyone to do character art. Anyone up to it? I would really like to have the mod out by the contest, and i can't do it without an artist.

I have no idea what open ended or specs mean in modding terms.

If you mean if Waverly is based of something, she was an unimplimented character. You can find a picture of her front view on her wiki. (If that wasn't what you meant, that probably sounded a bit obnoxious)

If you meant are we open to suggestions, we are!

They are terms used in concept work

Open ended design: anything goes as long as it fits the theme

Specs (specifications sheet): Must have certain items, look, colors, etc

I found the article of her character, I'm not a fan of the stereotypical witch hat

They are terms used in concept work

Open ended design: anything goes as long as it fits the theme

Specs (specifications sheet): Must have certain items, look, colors, etc

I found the article of her character, I'm not a fan of the stereotypical witch hat

Oh. In that aspect there are specs, since I was just looking for someone to do the atlas of the unimplimented character (if you want to have the witch hat separate from the character, so it could be an optional craftable item, that's fine with me). The weeping willow and the wand are open-ended though!

Looks crazy cool  ^^

I really appreciate it that you offer your work. I'm just curious, have you already done artwork for Don't Starve? Cause it might turn out to be very different workflow from what you're used to.

Looks crazy cool  ^^

I really appreciate it that you offer your work. I'm just curious, have you already done artwork for Don't Starve? Cause it might turn out to be very different workflow from what you're used to.

No, this will be the first mod for me

A quick doodle in the DS style. I won't be able to do an atlas till Monday. I don't have the equipment at home since my tablet crapped out.

Looks really cool  ^^

And don't worry, there's no haste in making the atlas, take the time you need.

Also feel free to pop in our thread and make suggestions or critique us, all that stuff that a project benefits from  ; )

Not to pester, but is it done yet? The halloween challenge is ending in 20 days.

You cann usually not expect anyone to create a character atlas in one or two days. So let's be fair and patient. We want t quality artwork instead of a hastely done one anyways  ; )

@ElAguilar If you make progress we encourage you to share it with us of course, but don't hasten yourself please  ^^

I'm also able to work on something like this, i have some drawing abilities and have done some (unfinished) character mods before.

I usually work in Flash first then export the atlas as a normal image to get it working in-game, but i'm able to work in other programs, too.

Here's an example of an old character i never got around to finish.

4GWEG.jpg

Of course, that was something done pretty quickly so i could test how the character looked in game, so i could fix stuff like face position and head position.

4GXMA.jpg

And another one...

4GWUv.png

Which looked like this ingame...

4GXQ2.jpg

So yeah, that's about it, i'd like to be able to help in any way i can, if you want. C:

[God i've been having so much trouble to post this i'm not used to the new forums.]

Archived