-25% of current sanity

-25% of current hunger

effect 2: -25% of current health

+50% of current sanity

-25% of current hunger

effect 3: -25% of current health

-25% of current sanity

+50% of current hunger

Just my opinion but random effects like this that effectively give zero benefit but might give you some hindrance are not very attractive to use especially when it costs materials to use it.

My suggestion would be

- Trade with devil. (book)

possible ingredients: Batilisk wingx2, papyrusx2

On use sets a random time from 1 day to 5 days, in that much time the character will take 50% of their max, health , sanity and hunger.

random effect: 1; 2; 3;

Effect 1:  Wealth 

Gives 10 gold nuggets

effect 2:  Longevity

Gives 2 Life Giving Amulets

effect 3:  Plenty

Gives 20 random food

Basically this would mean using this item would be somewhat random but every effect would be beneficial in the short term while possibly killing you at some random time in the future if you not careful. Fits deal with the devil much better.

Just my opinion but random effects like this that effectively give zero benefit but might give you some hindrance are not very attractive to use especially when it costs materials to use it.

My suggestion would be

- Trade with devil. (book)

possible ingredients: Batilisk wingx2, papyrusx2

On use sets a random time from 1 day to 5 days, in that much time the character will take 50% of their max, health , sanity and hunger.

random effect: 1; 2; 3;

Effect 1:  Wealth 

Gives 10 gold nuggets

effect 2:  Longevity

Gives 2 Life Giving Amulets

effect 3:  Plenty

Gives 20 random food

Basically this would mean using this item would be somewhat random but every effect would be beneficial in the short term while possibly killing you at some random time in the future if you not careful. Fits deal with the devil much better.

Here's the code for something like that if you're interested.

local GetPlayer = GLOBAL.GetPlayerlocal SpawnPrefab = GLOBAL.SpawnPrefablocal require = GLOBAL.require--Note: there are 480 seconds in a DS daylocal timeStart= 480 --This is the earliest time the devil effect with trigger.local timeEnd= 480*5 --This is the latest time the devil effect with trigger.local foodList = {"bonestew","dragonpie","honeyham"}local function sealDeal(inst)	inst.components.health:DoDelta(-(inst.components.health.maxhealth/2), false ,"The Devil") 	inst.components.hunger:DoDelta(-(inst.components.hunger.max/2))	inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(-(inst.components.sanity.max/2))endlocal function spawnMulti(inst, n, what)		if n >= 1 then		if what == "gold" then			local prefab = SpawnPrefab(what)			inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(prefab)		elseif what == "amulet" then			local prefab = SpawnPrefab(what)			inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(prefab)		else			local randFood = math.random(1,3)			local prefab = SpawnPrefab(foodList[randFood])			inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(prefab)		end				return spawnMulti(inst, n-1, what)	else end	endlocal function useSeal(inst)	local randthree = math.random(1,3)	local randfuture = math.random(timeStart,timeEnd)			if randthree == 1 then		spawnMulti(inst, 10, "goldnugget")	elseif randthree == 2 then		spawnMulti(inst, 2, "amulet")	else		spawnMulti(inst, 20, "Food")	end	inst:DoTaskInTime(randfuture, sealDeal)end

You then would trigger the useSeal function to spawn the items and eventually trigger the stat losses.

Feel free to use it if you want to.

I'm never home since I spend roughly 12 hours a day on campus, so the best way to reach me is by email, skype or through facebook.

email: elaguilar7@gmail.com

Thanks for letting us know  ^^

Here's the code for something like that if you're interested.

[...]

Feel free to use it if you want to.

Thanks, this comes in really handy. Since my Laptop overheated (or some other bullshit happened) yesterday and simply refuses to run anything more graphic intense than minesweeper I will not be able to test the code though. But I will certainly add the code as the 20th (which is more than I had hoped for) spell and will probably drag all those variables in tuning to be able to balance it out easier.

Another thing I might do is drop stacks of a certain size of the items instead of giving them directly to the player since I honestly don't know what would happen when the inventory was full xD

Thanks for letting us know  ^^

Thanks, this comes in really handy. Since my Laptop overheated (or some other bullshit happened) yesterday and simply refuses to run anything more graphic intense than minesweeper I will not be able to test the code though. But I will certainly add the code as the 20th (which is more than I had hoped for) spell and will probably drag all those variables in tuning to be able to balance it out easier.

Another thing I might do is drop stacks of a certain size of the items instead of giving them directly to the player since I honestly don't know what would happen when the inventory was full xD

The items just pop out around the character like how a backpack pop out when you make it and have armor equipped.

The items just pop out around the character like how a backpack pop out when you make it and have armor equipped.

Ahhh, fine. Then I'll keep it like that, thx  ^^

EDIT: @KidneyBeanBoy I have a job for you. Here's a lua-file of all the strings we need added, have fun  ; )  Also, how far are you with the Waverly quotes?

Hi. Posted in your thread about artists and as per Malacath's advice posting the artwork here so the rest of the team can decide if you want yet another artist :) So the basic artwork is here...Will put up some more later tomorrow.

Saw Irontaco's art for the tree so tried incorporating that into the art... just some basic Halloween stuff..pumpkin hat, wand and broom(acts as a weapon/walking aid...i dunno..Halloween demanded one though  :grin: and the broomtail needs to be black flame.. maybe nightmare fueled)

IMG-20131010-00169_zps642a0ca0.jpg

Pumpkin hat - pumpkin and bulb required maybe

Wand - twig(normal) and willow's eyeball

Broom - twigs(willow's preferably), willow's eyeball, rope, grass/weed and nightmare fuel

@Malacath I think willow's magic bark/twigs is a great idea, maybe you can just add eyeball to it's drops. As for broom's function...I think it might be good as an OP projectile weapon...like a bazooka/rocket launcher?? enemy is hit with an explosion... However in exchange for its OP use the broom might deteriorate faster?? And its non-repairable unless you have more nightmare fuel and willow's eyeball??

Questions-

Waverlys Familiar- does it HAVE to be a wand or can it be a staff too??

Inventoryimage, Groundanim and Equipanim for what?? can you specify please, don't want any confusions...

Approve me soon please so I can get to work soon ;) Really excited about this Mod :D

[...]

Questions-

Waverlys Familiar- does it HAVE to be a wand or can it be a staff too??

Inventoryimage, Groundanim and Equipanim for what?? can you specify please, don't want any confusions...

[...]

Do you have access to the vanilla files? Cause then you could see examples of what I mean with the different things. Inventoryimage is clear I hope  ; )  those are 64x64 or 124x124 pixels if I'm not mistaken. The groundanim is the image for the item lying on the ground as in staffs.zip. Using "anim" might be confusing here since there's not actually anything to animate. The same goes for equipanim which is the image of the item when held by the player as in swap_staffs.zip I know there's not a lot of difference here, but you can see better what I mean for amulets.zip and swap_amulets.zip for example. You should be perfectly good though when you just design the item. From there on all three of those images can usually be derived (can I use that word in this context?)

And no, doesn't have to be a wand as far as I know  ; )

[...]

Approve me soon please so I can get to work soon ;) Really excited about this Mod :grin:

I like people who get excited a lot ^^

I have no idea about vanilla files...could you link them please?

I have linked at least two already  ; )

You can find all files in "steam/steamapps/common/dontstarve/data/anim" and "steam/steamapps/common/dontstarve/data/images" though you need a program to convert them to readable formats. What OS do you use? I should get home in some hours, then I can upload more files for you. Which ones would you like?

ohhh..well i use windows 7...just tell me the program to convert them..i'll check the ones i want 

does this entry cover all the points properly?? http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/26852-tutorial-converting-textures-tex-dxt5-d2/

Yep, it covers what you need to know to convert the files to .png or the like. But you don't need to concern yourself with converting back to game files, i would gladly do that for you  ^^

EDIT: Screw that, I'm a big dummy. The link only covers converting to .tex. But it's easy to convert from .tex anyways  ; )  The main part of TEXTool (TEXTool.exe) mentioned on the link is actually for opening and coinverting .tex files

okay got it....and seen the images i wanted too...so will show some rough sketches tomorrow and if any1 feels like there should be some change you can tell me, otherwise i'll start on the colored versions :)

okay got it....and seen the images i wanted too...so will show some rough sketches tomorrow and if any1 feels like there should be some change you can tell me, otherwise i'll start on the colored versions :-)

I guess you can start on the coloured sketches immediately, we only have 9 days left after all  ; )

And noone but me seems to be around, so I'm the master  : P

@KidneyBeanBoy Have you seen my post further up about some strings that need writing?

@Craig_Perry We would really need someone to test all the 20 spells, my laptop still won't run Don't Starve for more than some few minutes and those are suboptimal conditions... So if you're up to that grab the newest version

I guess you can start on the coloured sketches immediately, we only have 9 days left after all  ; )

And noone but me seems to be around, so I'm the master  : P

@KidneyBeanBoy Have you seen my post further up about some strings that need writing?

@Craig_Perry We would really need someone to test all the 20 spells, my laptop still won't run Don't Starve for more than some few minutes and those are suboptimal conditions... So if you're up to that grab the newest version

alright then, I'll give it a shot

(mentioning notifications dont seem to like this thread :/)

@Malacath some spells cannot be used, is this because they arent ready? or is there another reason?

@Malacath some spells cannot be used, is this because they arent ready? or is there another reason?

What do you mean with "cannot be used"? I think all of them should be usable, eithe ron a target or in the inventory. Btw, you can write me directly in steam while I'm online  ; )

Im going to suggest a spell to restore sanity, as sanity is a huge issue for waverly

ingredients

- 5 petals

- 10 honey

- 3 gold nuggets

description:

sugar spice and all things nice

what it does:

turns 30 hunger to 30 sanity

scratch that, forgot I could stand by familiars

I'm done the new quotes!

NEWSTRINGS = { RECIPE_DESC = { WAND = "Amaze your friends!", SPELLTOME = "A lower-tier necronomicon", }, NAMES = { WAVERLYMOB = "Waverly", WAVERLYWAND = "Waverlys Familiar", WAVERLYHOUSE = "Waverly's Hut", WAND = "Witches Wand", MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Shiny Twigs", MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Slippery Bark", SPELLTOME = "Dark Tome", WEEPINGWILLOW = "The Weeping Willow", RAGECROW = "Dark Crow", GRAVESHOVEL = "Gravediggers Dream", }, CHARACTERS = { GENERIC = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "She's definitely NOT a clearly insane individual.",

WAVERLYWAND = "Magic is so unexplainable.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "I could use a house.",

WAND = "It has a myriad of uses. Mostly magic.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "It looks at me strangely ",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It seems to have a will of its own.",

SPELLTOME = "It contains incantations in an unknown language.",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "So the trees DO have ears. And eyes.",

RAGECROW = "It's fueled by pain and confusion.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "It's not feeling good",

}, WILLOW = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "What a crazy old bag.",

WAVERLYWAND = "I could use this.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "I wish I knew how to build one of those.",

WAND = "Do I look like a wizard?",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "It stares with burning eyes.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It seems ready to bite.",

SPELLTOME = "It contains utter gibberish.",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "Let's see it stare like that on fire!",

RAGECROW = "An angry little bird.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Reminds me of my cousin Danpi.",

}, WOLFGANG = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "Mother?",

WAVERLYWAND = "Wolfgang's might has no need for magic!",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "House? Wolfgang doesn't need house!",

WAND = "Wolfgang likes the way it sparkles.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Lowly twig challenges Wolfgang with his eyes!",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Looks like wood.",

SPELLTOME = "Wolfgang doesn't understand the funny words.",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "Sad tree reminds Wolfgang of home.",

RAGECROW = "Mad birdie!",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Wolfgang has angry shovel.",

}, WOODIE = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "First person I meet, and she's evil. Weird, eh?",

WAVERLYWAND = "A glorified toothpick.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "A rustic abode.",

WAND = "It's magic, you know.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Sorry, pal! You were just so choppable.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Creepy, eh?",

SPELLTOME = "Is this written in yasastainian?",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "Another tree to chop down!",

RAGECROW = "Seems a mite evil.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "A shovel for the dead.",

}, WICKERBOTTOM = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "She's as old as me.",

WAVERLYWAND = "I've heard of this in a storybook once.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "A house.",

WAND = "A weapon dreamed up in the 18th century.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "It has stupendously enlarged pupils.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Its a... thing.",

SPELLTOME = "It isn't even written in actual language.",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "Its a... thing.",

RAGECROW = "A cursed redbird.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "I don't like to dig graves.",

}, WENDY = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "Evil is typical within humanity.",

WAVERLYWAND = "Used for glorified necromancy.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "Where evil rests.",

WAND = "Witchcraft at best.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Twigs containing the curse of sight.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It contains hate towards life, even when dead.",

SPELLTOME = "Written during the depths of insanity.",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "A glorified mutant.",

RAGECROW = "It feels unimaginable hatred.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Who would want to use this?",

}, WX78 = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "SUBJECT IS HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL.",

WAVERLYWAND = "I HAVE NO QUARRELS WITH IT'S EFFECTS.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "HUMANS AND THEIR NEED FOR SECURITY. ALMOST PITIFUL.",

WAND = "IT CONTAINS LARGE AMOUNTS OF STATIC.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "WHY WON'T IT DIE ALREADY?",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "IT CONTAINS AN UNIDENTIFIED AURA.",

SPELLTOME = "TRANSLATION DRIVE FAILED.",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "A FAILED TREEGUARD.",

RAGECROW = "IT SHARES MY HATRED OF LIFE.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "A SHOVEL FOR HIDING BODIES.",

}, WAXWELL = {

{

WAVERLYMOB = "I don't remember klei mentioning this.",

WAVERLYWAND = "A... safer way of gaining allies.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "I wish I had one of those.",

WAND = "Not as bad as most types of magic.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Stop looking at me like that ",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "A magic strip of bark.",

SPELLTOME = "What is this? Does this even mean anything?",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "That's an odd tree.",

RAGECROW = "What a homopath.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "A fancy way of gravedigging.",

}, }, }

return NEWSTRINGS

okay i did it now how do i do this oh god what did i get into help

Joking, i'll figure it out.

4NMaz.png

Check the pinned 'Getting Started' thread for a link to a simple guide I created for Spriter.

I'll probably do a more advanced guide later, when I have the time.

I've learned a lot about working with Spriter since I made that video.

Archived