Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Soldatenkeks

Can´t install game - Steam - Not enough Disk Space

Hello,

I unistalled dont starve for a while an today I wanted to re-install Dont Starve on Steam, but Steam says that I dont have enough disk space, but I have far more than requuired (Game needs: 310 Mb, I have 500GB free)

My Pc is good enough for the game. 

I bought the game, when it was in the Beta, if this is important.

I´m happy about any help

Sorry for my bad english

MfG Soldatenkeks

JoeW    26,252

Hey there,

This happened because you are probably on an older version where we had a bug that caused this issue. If you uninstall the game and reinstall it, it should fix your issue.

Sorry about that.

I can´t reinstall it, because Steam said me that I dont have enough disk space, despite I have far more than needed.

I´m sorry if i didnt understand what you mean.

Yay    185

Try using "Disk Defragment" and "Disk Cleanup" to make some free space in your computer.
If that doesn't help then run your anti virus software to see if you have any malicious malware in you computer.
It might be your computer not the game

I have found the solution for my problem. When you uninstall the game, theres still an folder named 219740 (thats the steam-number of the game). The exactly position is Steam/steamapps/downloading/219740 You have to delete this folder, than you can download the game.

Thank you for helping me with my problem,

MfG Soldatenkeks