Sign in to follow this  
perspectivedesigns

More monsters, and other awesomeness.

I've been playing Don't Starve for a couple of days. It's an awesome game with lot's of potential! But after you survive for a few day's things can get a little boring as you just do the same stuff over and over. Here are my suggestions for the game (please note that many of these have been suggested by other people and aren't my idea).

Monsters:

I think that the game needs more monsters. Here's a couple of idea's I have for the current monsters and some new ones.

New Monsters

-Spider Queen -She could be very difficult to defeat, but have lot's of eggs and other items.

-Wolves -Maybe possible to tame with meat, but will also attack the player.

-Goblins? - A bit common in other games, but still could be neat.

-Trolls -Trolls could be made of stone and be basically walking boulder.

-Sea monsters -Just incredibly awesome :) The monster could have lot's of tentacles :D

-Skeletons -Random skeleton encounters would be really creepy and make surviving at

-night more of a chalenge!

-Spiders -Spiders should sometimes lead big raids on your camp during the night. This

-would make nighttime a lot freakier.

Other stuff

-Weather and seasons -It would be really awesome to have different seasons during the

-game. There could also be snow and rain storms.

-Shovels -Shovels should have a bigger role in agriculture, like helping in

-planting pinecones.

-Fences -As other people have suggested, it would be awesome if it was

-possible to build fences to protect your camp. This also fits very

-well with spider raids.

-Log Houses -This could be neat, but it might detract from the creepy feel of

-being stuck outside at night.

-Boats -So you could travel between islands. And be eaten by sea

-monsters! 8-)

-Spears -Being able to make simple spears using ropes, sticks, and flints

-would be really helpful for hunting any of the creatures in the

-game. Maybe it could be possible to throw the spear so you could

-hunt crows!

That's about all of my idea's that I have right now. I'll keep playing until I think of more :D

Edited by perspectivedesigns

Michael M    10

I'd like to see some undead stuff, since the game is a bit gothic. I've dug quite a few graves but never seen a spirit (most are empty.. only received an "amulet" once). Do they even exist?

I'd like to see some undead stuff, since the game is a bit gothic. I've dug quite a few graves but never seen a spirit (most are empty.. only received an "amulet" once). Do they even exist?

That'd be awesome! Maybe random skeleton encounters?

Toaster Fu    101

Weird I've been attacked by two ghosts.And maybe golems? No not "my precious" golem go-lem golem. Could be cool.Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem Edited by Toaster Fu
So many golems so little time

Cellusious    60

What made me think was the idea you had of getting pets, The pigmen, let's face it, are horrible pets.Crow companion, Beefalo mount, spider cub, TENTACLE FRIEND?- Olav (@Cellusious)

Agrivex    10

I like to see them do something a little different and have swamp monsters. ^_^Boats and sea monsters would be one of the coolest things ever! But I can't think of how you could get around them. This doesn't seem like the type of game where you'd have giant undersea battle with an octopus with a snorkel and goggles on, but other than that I just don't know how you could avoid/defeat them.

Agrivex    10

O.O They could steal your melee weapons if you hit them with it, that'd be boss. Maybe make them flammable, but they explode too, after a while. Yes, that is what I would love to see. You could even make it more dangerous by putting harvestable [for crafting/lighting sources] gas pockets in the swamps that catch fire/explode too!