What is the favourite thread you've ever been to?

Hopperruss

My favorite threads are ones where serious discussion goes on and legit concerns aren't ignored. By "serious" I don't mean no fun allowed, I just enjoy non-random conversations the most.

The problem I have with serious discussions is that it seems the same topics get rehashed over and over again. At least, that is mostly the case for Don't Starve discussions. Furthermore, it seems like a lot of discussions just reach a point where everything that can be said has already been said and everyone is just repeating themselves. The most obvious example is, of course, the topic of multiplayer, which is brought up over and over and its threads are locked every time for these reasons. I know I'm generalizing a bit here; I don't mean to say there aren't any new topics, but still...

Heck, even this post. I'm trying to be serious here, and, surprise! I'm saying something that's already been said. I know I've heard people complain about the sameness of the Don't Starve discussion before.

I guess that's why I frequent the off topic area so much. Not so much because it's 'lol random,' but because it allows for more topics that haven't already been discussed to death.

The problem I have with serious discussions is that it seems the same topics get rehashed over and over again. At least, that is mostly the case for Don't Starve discussions. Furthermore, it seems like a lot of discussions just reach a point where everything that can be said has already been said and everyone is just repeating themselves. The most obvious example is, of course, the topic of multiplayer, which is brought up over and over and its threads are locked every time for these reasons. I know I'm generalizing a bit here; I don't mean to say there aren't any new topics, but still...

Heck, even this post. I'm trying to be serious here, and, surprise! I'm saying something that's already been said. I know I've heard people complain about the sameness of the Don't Starve discussion before.

I guess that's why I frequent the off topic area so much. Not so much because it's 'lol random,' but because it allows for more topics that haven't already been discussed to death.

I dislike rehashed topics too. but pointing that out isn't bad, I don't think.

It's probably a sign of having an ego to mention a thread you made yourself, but alas I will do so anyways. The Team Krampus thread, it has all the intruiging plot twists, like Kevin being an Edward( sparkly vampire) fan and joining his team instead of Krampus'. Then we tried to come to a sollution so we could have Krampus stay in the game without getting a reskin and all that, and in the end there's the Krampusnacht mod made by Bryce which should totally make it into the vanilla game, and adds an awesome new winter nocturnal event with the old and slightly buffed(!) Krampus.

And the best part is, is that no matter who joined everyone had the same goal to help that goat-man, regardless of personal hissy fits with each other. A true spirit of cooperating for a similar ideal regardless of the person, oh if the world was more like that :).

It's probably a sign of having an ego to mention a thread you made yourself, but alas I will do so anyways. The Team Krampus thread, it has all the intruiging plot twists, like Kevin being an Edward( sparkly vampire) fan and joining his team instead of Krampus'. Then we tried to come to a sollution so we could have Krampus stay in the game without getting a reskin and all that, and in the end there's the Krampusnacht mod made by Bryce which should totally make it into the vanilla game, and adds an awesome new winter nocturnal event with the old and slightly buffed(!) Krampus.

And the best part is, is that no matter who joined everyone had the same goal to help that goat-man, regardless of personal hissy fits with each other. A true spirit of cooperating for a similar ideal regardless of the person, oh if the world was more like that :-).

...i can't find the right words *sniff*

Archived