default controller binding

glasscasket

• Developer

Are you using an xbox controller or something else? The default bindings (and low-level api) are different depending on the manufacturer.

Also, after you rebound, how did you find the controls? How playable was the game?

Are you using an xbox controller or something else? The default bindings (and low-level api) are different depending on the manufacturer.

Also, after you rebound, how did you find the controls? How playable was the game?

I tried the controller and I'll probably be sticking with it. I really enjoyed them. I thought they were quite comfortable especially since you can pause the game to manage inventory. The only issue I had was that I didn't seem to be able to cook items in a crock pot. I tried hitting all of the buttons but I couldn't do it with the controller. I'd put the ingredients in but I couldn't select the cook button so I had to quickly switch to the mouse and keyboard so I could hit the button. Also I had to rebind the zoom in and out buttons because they weren't working for some reason. And as default both zoom out and zoom in were bound to the bottom directional button. Not a big deal since it was easily fixable by just rebinding.

I used a 360 controller, however it's 3rd party but still, same layout and such and windows sees it as a 360 controller. 

as far as playability goes it's just as i had hoped :D i'll update here with anything else that comes up, i haven't had too much time to thoroughly test it.

I know this is a little bit of a deal and may change anyways, but will there be any changes to the context text for when you're close to cetain items? I just noticed with seeds it was like, 'yeah i know there's seeds here but the text covers it up'

Archived