[BUG]Befriended Rook "1-hits" other chess allies, even without attacking anything

Spazmatic

The ability to bring these guys to the first cave layer and the surface is great, it really adds more motivation to befriend them. However the Rook is still a problem, despite it apparently being fixed.

• Rooks can no longer instantly kill any monster in the game during a charge.

When your group of friendly chess pieces attacks something, the Rook will kill any unfortunate friend in it's way in one hit. This includes other Rooks! Now this isn't limited to when you attack something. I made my way to the surface and two of my Knights just spontaniously died when my Rook walked against them after spawning near the sinkhole..

post-205351-0-99749400-1380099138_thumb.

Ignore the bee remains, it was bugging me before I entered the cave so I got rid of it  :joyous:. There was no hostile/any creature nearby at the moment of emerging from the caves. Hope this get's fixed :-)

EDIT: The chess pieces also continue to attack Chester on sight, which is problematic to say the least...

Yeah... Can understand both your points of view on the matter. But what if a friendly Rook would not be able to damage allies/playermade structures, would that make him more useful? IIrc the Rook damaging the other chess pieces is a design choice, but if it's a friendly variety that design choice is a bit more questionable. There's not much of a reward/motivation to keep them when they 1-hit or hurt your allies...

Regardless, I hope at least the 1-hit kill issue get's fixed, making them not damage allies anymore would be even better :)

Yeah... Can understand both your points of view on the matter. But what if a friendly Rook would not be able to damage allies/playermade structures, would that make him more useful? IIrc the Rook damaging the other chess pieces is a design choice, but if it's a friendly variety that design choice is a bit more questionable. There's not much of a reward/motivation to keep them when they 1-hit or hurt your allies...

Regardless, I hope at least the 1-hit kill issue get's fixed, making them not damage allies anymore would be even better :-)

Considering the current AI of the rook that sometimes makes it charge int the opposite direction of the target...would you bring it with you in the ruins with valuable Altars nearby? Not to mention they could break potential allies by charging at the junk piles...

Considering the current AI of the rook that sometimes makes it charge int the opposite direction of the target...would you bring it with you in the ruins with valuable Altars nearby? Not to mention they could break potential allies by charging at the junk piles...

Yeah, no... ._.

I stay away from those at all times, besides for when I want new friendly chess allies and I happen to have a Rook already. And even then I will not attack anything nearby for those reasons..

Yeah, no... ._.

I stay away from those at all times, besides for when I want new friendly chess allies and I happen to have a Rook already. And even then I will not attack anything nearby for those reasons..

So rooks, are bad idea :/ i just attack them when i revive them and get consoled on the fact that i got a thulecite fragment for my gears at least...

Edit : @Spazmatic since we're in the topic can you check if your Clockworks still attack Chester on sight?

So rooks, are bad idea :/ i just attack them when i revive them and get consoled on the fact that i got a thulecite fragment for my gears at least...

Edit : @Spazmatic since we're in the topic can you check if your Clockworks still attack Chester on sight?

But that is the point good sir! Something that should be useful and rewarding to the player (spend gears and gain an ally) are actually lacking when it comes to the Rook... And that's a shame since that rookie has potential.

I'm a bit busy atm but I'll try the Chester thing later and edit the post with the result(will mention you aswell)

Edit: They still attack Chester on sight @TeoSS69 :(

Archived