What Is The Worst Situation You've Ever Been In?

Rosten

Hey, i've never really seen anything like this, so i decided to create my own thread on it

basically im asking, what is the most Unfair, annoying, worst whatever way you want to describe it

situation you've ever been in on don't starve.

Here's mine it's a bit long so ive put it in spoiler tags

So, i was playing the game on around my 4th world (that i actually played on a good bit)

and in the middle of my first ever winter it was around day 29 that things went terribly, terribly wrong

So my base was basically a stone fire, 2 crockpots and a alchemy engine not much, but with a few walls and toothtraps, so im thinking "Man im set, nothing could touch me now" oh boy was i wrong..

so i heard the stomping, and the screen shaking and i was wondering, "What the hell is that!?" and then came deerclops... well i was like, this is going to be easy treeguards are pretty easy to kite and kill, why should this thing be any different? so for a bit i was kiting the dude, staying closer and closer every moment trying to get more hits on him, then he used his AOE attack and basically knocked my health down to like 20-30, so then i decided to run to my beefallo friends and let them take a whack at him, they were brutally slaughtered (note the 20-30 health was after i had been revived TWICE from my meat effigy and amulet) so i was running like hell from deerclops, freezing cold nearly dead, then deerclops stopped chasing me, and i was like "Hey i might survive after all" Then the hounds came.. so i was running from the hounds and tried to jump into a wormhole to escape them, little did i know there was one on the end of it, and i was dead in a second

When I was caving in level 2 and a bunch of monkeys stole my only light source. (first time I encounter monkeys so I did not know they did that) Good news was I had a snurtle helmet so Charlie was unable to kill me while I ran to the closest flower, praying that the monkeys did not take the grass from Chester so I could make a torch. Fortunately, they did not.

It was the middle of winter... I was heading on the long journey back to camp after scouring the far reaches of the map for chess pieces when for some reason I was completely oblivious to the fact it was getting dark, right up until the last few seconds of light... With terror I frantically searched the mess that was my inventory for the torch I knew must be there, and just as I heard Charlie preparing to strike I found it! There was a second to calm myself before I suddenly began to freeze, at which point I realised I'd run out of grass for fire. Luckily I was next to a forest which I promptly set alight, only to discover I was now in the middle of a vast nest of spider queens.

Unfortunatly I don't remember how the hell I made it back home but I do remember it was the single sweetest moment of joy and relief I've had in a game :)

Both of mine were on my Adventure mode run with Wes...

I was on world 4, which was "The Game is Afoot" I was doing great with a little base and lots of supplies when I decided to cross the tentacle bridge, I wanted to keep my log armour because I didn't have an abundance of pig skin and didn't want the tentacles to burn through football helmets. I left my backpack outside the area before the tentacle bridge and ran through quickly with my walking cane no problem. I'm a good way into the swamp as darkness appoaches and I realized I have no light and nothing I can craft into light...I look at the map in panic and I book it back. Charlie attacks me constantly blowing through my log armour and football helmet, luckily I had crafted a second football helmet before leaving. I travel across the bridge in the pitch black using the map constantly to move quickly in the right directions and not get blasted by tentacles. I make it next to my backpack and make a fire. I am now completely insane, have very little health and almost no condition left to my football helmet but I survive and make it back to my base to regroup and eventually beat this world.

Then I made it to Darkness and when it came time to cross a chess piece bridge I didn't want to make the same mistake of leaving something important behind so I travel with my backpack, a miner's hat and my walking cane thinking I could avoid getting hit and just run straight through. I walk past a clockwork bishop and dodge his blast, then I make a turn into a dead end...****. I think I can take a hit if I have to and try to just run past again and I see 4 flashes of light crash into me to my death, there must have been a cluster of bishop's right around that dead end...Haven't had the heart to try adventure mode with Wes since.

The worst decision I keep making is replaying. It's such a fun game but I get pissed when I die and I was on any day past 40. That's about 5 hours(?) of gameplay I could lose. Then you have people at day 500 and day 999. When they die, they may end up in denial. Really hardcore denial. So bad, they won't enter the second stage of anger for a few days. it will be so bad.

Anyways, gonna go play! Bye!

Day 97 with Woodie.

Winter had started.

I was sorta roaming around.

Lureplants, I wasnt really afraid of.

Killed it, had semi-low health because I had backpack on and only football

DOGS COME

and theres like what felt like 20 of them.

Couldnt take them on, died.

Respawned like 2-3 times from touchstones. Those died from freezing...

OHHH this is just what I needed, a way to vent about this.

So I was on day 63-64 (as far as I'd ever gotten in survival mode at the time).

I had set up a decent camp not too far from the pig king and his little village. Didn't think much about it, just doing my thing. Pigs are incredibly useful in the case of Hounds or Deerclops, right?

WELL.

These pigs I had befriended (mind you, NOT by feeding them Monster Meat but other kinds) had been wonderful companions. Helping with sanity and survival, the usual.

About a few seconds into true night time.... I start to hear howling. Lots and lots of howling.

Oh, whatever could that be?

Oh... Nothing huge... Just 30 FREAKING WEREPIGS ATTACKING ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT UNEXPECTEDLY, KILLING ME BEFORE I EVEN HAD THE CHANCE TO WHIP MY TORCH OUT AND RUN.

I was so angry I didn't play for like 2 weeks. -___-

Archived