Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Garm

Update Error

Garm    0

For the last couple of days the Klei Updater doesn't updates the game properly and gives me an error:

(I am using Mac OS 10.6.8)

ABORTED

File "<string>", line 1242, in <module>

File "/Volumes/Workspace/Jenkins-MrBuildDS/workspace/DontStarve_Release_OSX_StandAlone_MakeDMGPackage/source/tools/Updater/build/updater.osx/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 8660, in MainLoop

File "/Volumes/Workspace/Jenkins-MrBuildDS/workspace/DontStarve_Release_OSX_StandAlone_MakeDMGPackage/source/tools/Updater/build/updater.osx/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 7952, in MainLoop

File "<string>", line 639, in OnUpdateComplete

File "<string>", line 788, in ShowError

HTTPConnectionPool(host='cds.e7w6c5n3.hwcdn.net', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /e7w6c5n3/cds/osx/data/anim/lightning.zip/c35162bf915487b7bc89477254253814?expires=1380021513.0&token=40ea601607180936f7f7eed0691728ef (Caused by <class 'socket.error'>: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer)

Finished!

Wade    309

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the game?

That message usually only comes up if there are too many attempts to connect to the server in a day, but should be reset on the next day...

Garm    0

I've downloaded again the game from the link I've been provided while purchasing it, run it, but I am getting the same error while it's trying to update.

In mac OS an instal-uninstall process is a matter of dragging n drop an icon to the trash, but maybe there are still additional files somewhere of which I am not aware of.

I will be away for a few days, I will try again when I'll be back.

Garm    0

I am trying again after 4 days to update the game and I am still getting the same error message.

Please help.

Wade    309

Okay, I'll pass along the information to the programmers and see if they have any idea.

Normally this issue is just a short-term problem that fixes itself.