[Tutorial] Adding Custom Sound To Your Custom Character

Malacath

I'm trying to make custom sounds for my character. I think I made everything like in tutorial, but when I finished, I have only *.fdp file. How can I create *.fev and *fsb files ? I don't get it..

Thanks for any help :-)

The question is out of date. I have already created custom sounds. Thanks anyway :)

I am so lost... and I think the link is broken to the FMOD Designer Project Template. I don't even know where to start.

Me too I have the FMOD Designer, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

I am unable to open any fsb files ...

I found this elsewhere -

"Get/Install/Run FMOD Designer.

Across the top are 4 “sections”, Events, Sound Defs, Music, Banks. You only need to use the Events section.

In the Groups tab, right-click in the blank space and choose “Add Event Group”, then right-click on that and choose “Add Simple Event”.

Right click in the playlist and choose “Add Sound” and choose your favourite sound file!

I keep getting this error..

scripts/mods.lua(281,1) Mod: winfred (Winfred KL9)      Registering default mod prefab    
...m/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua:276: Could not find an asset matching sound/winfred.fsb in any of the search paths.
LUA ERROR stack traceback:

=[C] in function 'assert'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua(276,1) in function 'resolvefilepath'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(51,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(283,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(95,1) in function 'LoadAssets'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1099,1) in function 'DoResetAction'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1114,1) in function 'complete_callback'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/upsell.lua(27,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1119,1)
        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(83,1) in function 'Save'
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(89,1) in function 'Load'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1135,1) in function 'callback'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(438,1) in function 'Set'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(330,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(328,1) in function 'Load'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1134,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'require'
        C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(640,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(712,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen  

I got this to work completely fine on my own but when I upload the mod to the workshop for DST it doesn't even show up within the in game mod listing. Is it because DST is in a beta state?

I got this to work completely fine on my own but when I upload the mod to the workshop for DST it doesn't even show up within the in game mod listing. Is it because DST is in a beta state?

Don't know if I'm doing this right, but I create the folder sound. Put in the mp3 files and the example but after I let FMOD build he creates a new sound folder INSIDE the sound folder with the .fev and .fsb files (and another folder with fobj files)

Archived