Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Tikotitok

Adventure Level Crashes With No Error Message

Tikotitok    17

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Crash]

Platform

• Steam
  •  
  • Do you use mods?

no
    Version Number

A Moderately Friendly Update on Steam

Issue title

Game shuts down in Adventure mode

Steps to reproduce

Move about a screen or so distance away from the starting point in Two Worlds adventure level

Describe your issue
  • I'm playing adventure mode with Wendy, world 3, Two Worlds. If I try to move away from the starting point, the game will inevitably crash with no error message. Every other save file and world works just fine. Before the current issue, the game crashed upon entering a new world, and then it had an error message. I have tried re-installing, re-installing the installers and verifying game cache integrity (The latter at least 5 times). I am not adept at computing (which is quite obvious from the fact that I accidentally posted this unready and from the whole overlay of this thing), but I've noticed that every time the crash happens, a new MDMP-file is created. I will try to attach one in this post, if it can help in any way.
  •  
  • dontstarve_steam_84120_crash_2013_9_1T18_14_3C0.mdmp

Wade    300

When the game crashes, can you also please post the contents of your log.txt file from your "documents\klei\donotstarve\" folder?

Tikotitok    17

I did have "working signposts" and "better gunpowder" mods active for some time in Survival mode, but if I remember right, I had them both disabled by the time I entered Maxwell's Door. An update automatically disabled them, and I haven't re-activated them yet.

Wade    300

Okay, our programmers are currently looking into the issue . The log file isn't actually showing what is causing the crash, so hopefully they can glean something from the .mdmp.

SqNo_    0

I got the same issue yesterday, in the exact same aventure world. it's kinda frustrating ! Hope u can do something asap. i'll give u logs when i'm home if u think it can be helpfull.