General Development

debugman18

Hello guys I'm a new member and as soon as i saw the possibility to collaborate to make a new mod i was enthusiastic. Can someone explain me in simple words what is this group aiming to do please ? New Mod ? Looking for ideas for Mods ? Need new programmers ?

The mod is out and in Alpha. We are looking for programmers right now, since I and the other programmer are on hiatus.

If you tell me what i could make some art on, i could make some sketches and than post em here. If you like it i can keep helping you, otherwise no prob

Sorry for the late response. I'm considerably busy working at the moment.

But I have some free time this weekend and the sworn will to do something for U&A. So I will look into the needs to make use of a willing helper. ^^

*Clears throat* I apologize for my LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG absence. Fortunately, I've gotten all of my personal-life-mumbo-jumbo sorted out.

Right now, I'm just searching for bugs. But, I haven't seen a huge amount of stuff going on here- either because my browser is being a ****, or there just isn't. So, anything to be donering?

Oh! I've been getting pretty good with animatering. Mayhaps I could take a look and smooth out some stuff. *Readies buzzsaw.* So smooth...

• Like 1

*Clears throat* I apologize for my LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG absence. Fortunately, I've gotten all of my personal-life-mumbo-jumbo sorted out.

Right now, I'm just searching for bugs. But, I haven't seen a huge amount of stuff going on here- either because my browser is being a ****, or there just isn't. So, anything to be donering?

Oh! I've been getting pretty good with animatering. Mayhaps I could take a look and smooth out some stuff. *Readies buzzsaw.* So smooth...

Hello back there!

There isn't anything going on. As for things that need to be done, I believe the to-do list in the repo reflects what we were last working on.

That said, anything you would be willing to contribute would be welcomed. Code, animation, art, anything at all. If you want to discuss what our next steps are, I'd be more than willing to have that discussion. I'm also willing to contribute some, but... I'm not quite ready to invest as much time as I did prior to my hiatus.

Things are ever fragile out in the world. Glad to see you've sorted your stuff out, Tiddles!

Alright, so here are the things high on my to-do list (not including bug fixes), in no particular order:

Finish overhauling the Bean Giant.

Overhaul the gnomes significantly.

Add rubber armor.

Alternates to vanilla armor may arise, which will take advantage of cloud realm resources.

Finish moving item variables to the tuning file.

Add drops and recipes for boss-tier items. More on that in the cavetroll thread.

Finish overhauling Winnie.

Polish to make sure additions are DST friendly.

If there are questions or feedback on the above, now would be a good time.

Edited by debugman18

Alright, so here are the things high on my to-do list (not including bug fixes), in no particular order:

Finish overhauling the Bean Giant. (Yup, I'm on it)

Overhaul the gnomes significantly. (sounds like something)

Add rubber armor. (we will need artwork for that right? ^^)

Alternates to vanilla armor may arise, which will take advantage of cloud realm resources. (check, but we shouldn't overdo it, there are already a number of armors)

Finish moving item variables to the tuning file. (check)

Add drops and recipes for boss-tier items. More on that in the cavetroll thread. (I will answer there then)

Finish overhauling Winnie. (check)

Polish to make sure additions are DST friendly. (check)

Great. So, uhh. Maybe a day after I came back, the forums done stopped working for me! And it wasn't just the Klei forums, it was all the other forums that used the same, uhh..base? Or whatever they are. I could only access very few threads. It fixed itself, which is grand. But gee, was that annoying! 

At the moment, I'm working on just a tiny little update with bug fixes and new artwork for my Warfarin mod, and something has been brought to my attention:

Warfarin can't talk to the shopkeeper. I know what causes this and can fix it, but here's where I'm completely stumped: After talking to the shopkeeper, the camera will stay in the cinematic thingy. I'm still rather unfamiliar with the layout of U&A's code, so can anyone point me to the right place?

NOW ON-TOPIC TIME!

I'll do artwork for the rubber armour! I've been getting well-acquainted with Spriter as of late. Also, should I keep going with the Altar, or has someone beat me to it? Again, sorry for the long absence.  

Edited by Mr. Tiddles

Great. So, uhh. Maybe a day after I came back, the forums done stopped working for me! And it wasn't just the Klei forums, it was all the other forums that used the same, uhh..base? Or whatever they are. I could only access very few threads. It fixed itself, which is grand. But gee, was that annoying! 

At the moment, I'm working on just a tiny little update with bug fixes and new artwork for my Warfarin mod, and something has been brought to my attention:

Warfarin can't talk to the shopkeeper. I know what causes this and can fix it, but here's where I'm completely stumped: After talking to the shopkeeper, the camera will stay in the cinematic thingy. I'm still rather unfamiliar with the layout of U&A's code, so can anyone point me to the right place?

NOW ON-TOPIC TIME!

I'll do artwork for the rubber armour! I've been getting well-acquainted with Spriter as of late. Also, should I keep going with the Altar, or has someone beat me to it? Again, sorry for the long absence.  

As for Warfarin and the shopkeeper bug, I'd suggest looking here:

https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway/blob/master/code/components/speechgiver.lua

And obviously the shopkeeper prefab.

As for rubber armor, great! It'd be good to have some art done for the newer stuff.

And the altar, definitely keep going. Nobody else has done it. :p

Also, when you get a chance, as a low priority thing, Winnie will eventually need a ghost anim, for DST.

Lastly, welcome back! :D

As for Warfarin and the shopkeeper bug, I'd suggest looking here:

https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway/blob/master/code/components/speechgiver.lua

And obviously the shopkeeper prefab.

As for rubber armor, great! It'd be good to have some art done for the newer stuff.

And the altar, definitely keep going. Nobody else has done it. :razz:

Also, when you get a chance, as a low priority thing, Winnie will eventually need a ghost anim, for DST.

Lastly, welcome back! :grin:

post-286034-0-88504600-1423931977_thumb.

I'll look into those.

And great! I think I still have the beginnings of the altar, so that's great.

And thank you! Glad to be back.