General Development

debugman18

@simplex

So are we going ahead with adding the "stable" branch for bugfixes? If so, should I make it from master then implement the current fixes, or make it from dev and comment out the new prefabs in the list?

Yes, we are.

Since our current content additions can be easily disabled, I think it'd be best to make it from the dev branch.

So, do you think we should use the new mod configuration API (for things like disabling mist, sparks and other graphical settings, as well as the debug flag), or should we wait to make sure the API is stable?

If we decide to do this now, do you think it should be put into the dev branch or that it could go directly into stable (as well as dev)?

So, do you think we should use the new mod configuration API (for things like disabling mist, sparks and other graphical settings, as well as the debug flag), or should we wait to make sure the API is stable?

If we decide to do this now, do you think it should be put into the dev branch or that it could go directly into stable (as well as dev)?

I think we should add it to the dev branch for the moment, that way we can hold off on releasing it until we're sure that the new configuration additions work as intended. We'll also have time to apply it to the things we want.

We could add it to stable, but I'm not sure that would do much good right now either way, considering the current state of the game (waiting for a 'full' fix) as well as the current workshop issues.

Edit: Additionally, I think we should use it to change the values of world generation things, similarly to the vanilla world customisation.

Edited by debugman18

I think we should add it to the dev branch for the moment, that way we can hold off on releasing it until we're sure that the new configuration additions work as intended. We'll also have time to apply it to the things we want.

We could add it to stable, but I'm not sure that would do much good right now either way, considering the current state of the game (waiting for a 'full' fix) as well as the current workshop issues.

Fair enough, will do.

Edit: Additionally, I think we should use it to change the values of world generation things, similarly to the vanilla world customisation.

Are you sure? That's a bit dettached from the save menu and all. Not to mention it's "mod-wide" instead of save wide, so if the player changes the settings (before creating a new save, for example) and then proceeds to create a new cloudrealm in an old save, the new settings will be used, probably without the player realising.

I think that if we're going to add worldgen settings, we should add them to the world customisation screen. Though it would be somewhat involved to pass these options along to the cloudrealm generation (it's not by chance Klei never added cave customisation options). I think the cleanest way to do that would be by storing these parameters in a dedicated per slot save file.

Edited by simplex

Fair enough, will do.

Are you sure? That's a bit dettached from the save menu and all. Not to mention it's "mod-wide" instead of save wide, so if the player changes the settings (before creating a new save, for example) and then proceeds to create a new cloudrealm in an old save, the new settings will be used, probably without the player realising.

I think that if we're going to add worldgen settings, we should add them to the world customisation screen. Though it would be somewhat involved to pass these options along to the cloudrealm generation (it's not by chance Klei never added cave customisation options). I think the cleanest way to do that would be by storing these parameters in a dedicated per slot save file.

I'm actually not sure, that's why I presented that thought to you. 

I also didn't suggest it prior to the mod configuration being added because I knew it would not be straightforward. This would be nice to have as part of the API, but that really wouldn't help us since we add the world in a likely unintended way. It also would require (I believe) a little bit of a rewrite to the way our prefabs are distributed (assumedly more so than a simply GetModConfig) to implement.

Although that's not necessary nor remotely urgent. Caves don't have world options, so we're not really lacking in that department, per se.

What do you think about releasing 0.0.5? There aren't many fixes/changes, but there are some notable ones. And it'd give us the opportunity to include the MemSpikeFix notice without triggering a notification just for that, without a release following it (in the forum, at least); not to mention U&A also includes a local MemSpikeFix just affecting itself in case the mod MemSpikeFix is not installed, so it'd be good to make that available soon.

What do you think about releasing 0.0.5? There aren't many fixes/changes, but there are some notable ones. And it'd give us the opportunity to include the MemSpikeFix notice without triggering a notification just for that, without a release following it (in the forum, at least); not to mention U&A also includes a local MemSpikeFix just affecting itself in case the mod MemSpikeFix is not installed, so it'd be good to make that available soon.

I'd say we're good to release it. If the major issues are solved, then there's not much reason to hold it back any longer.

Have you fixed all the bugs now? We still need the walking animation for the beanlets, but after that we have finished with the fixes. right?

Pretty much all major bugs have been fixed, yes. There's a rare issue I found where whirlwinds may cause the game to freeze and crash, but I haven't been able to track it down yet. And it seems to be really rare, since no mod user has reported it.

We're working on content for beta, and alpha should be mostly about balance tweaks and fixing new bugs found along the road. The change to the aliens' drop didn't make into 0.0.5, for example.

Pretty much all major bugs have been fixed, yes. There's a rare issue I found where whirlwinds may cause the game to freeze and crash, but I haven't been able to track it down yet. And it seems to be really rare, since no mod user has reported it.

We're working on content for beta, and alpha should be mostly about balance tweaks and fixing new bugs found along the road. The change to the aliens' drop didn't make into 0.0.5, for example.

Soo, we need to wrap up the Beta content soon-ish?

I suppose. What's actually finished then? I know the farms are either done/nearly done, how are the Gnome anims?

@Vivalavie was working on them, I believe. 

Right, she's working on them. The farms are done,  but we've currently only got pineapples and gemcorn for them.

Right, she's working on them. The farms are done,  but we've currently only got pineapples and gemcorn for them.

What kind of plants are we planning on?  I could do a bit of art.  Or are we just going with those two for the time being?

Edited by Lord_Battal
  • Like 1

Seems like I cant quote sometimes, gnomes are taking some time since i try to finish one project for the new hero mod chara, i got 3 views cleaned atm :< 

No worries. :p

When you do get a minute, though, we do need a potion image and a tea image. Preferably they should be layered, so that we can make different color variations of the contents.

• Like 1