General Development

debugman18

Does anyone know how uploading a mod with multiple authors to the Workshop works? More precisely, my question is: does the original uploader have greater administrative priviledges, or are all collaborators equal on the matter? And can any of the collaborators upload a new version?

Does anyone know how uploading a mod with multiple authors to the Workshop works? More precisely, my question is: does the original uploader have greater administrative priviledges, or are all collaborators equal on the matter? And can any of the collaborators upload a new version?

I'll check in a few minutes. Though I'm pretty sure the only things others can access is the private discussion and the stats.

EDIT: Yeah, that and editing links.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

As far as I know, only the original author can edit description, title, and files. There may be a way to add privileges, but as it is now, mods you are added as contributor towards do not get added to your list in the uploader, making it impossible to "edit" files with it.

As far as I know, only the original author can edit description, title, and files. There may be a way to add privileges, but as it is now, mods you are added as contributor towards do not get added to your list in the uploader, making it impossible to "edit" files with it.

That's definitely less than ideal. A privilege system would be perfect, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Damn it, that's such a bad system for us.

And what if the original author has to go inactive for a period of time? Are the other authors supposed to just leave the Workshop version lagging behind, or else upload the mod again under a different author and ask users to subscribe again to the new one? I don't like this, I don't like this at all...

Damn it, that's such a bad system for us.

And what if the original author has to go inactive for a period of time? Are the other authors supposed to just leave the Workshop version lagging behind, or else upload the mod again under a different author and ask users to subscribe again to the new one? I don't like this, I don't like this at all...

Yeah, that is a good point. We could create a group Steam account "Fellowship of the Bean" or something similar and add everybody as contributors, so we don't have to log into to it just to check stats and discussion.

Now that I think about it, don't we also face a similar issue on the forum release?

Edited by debugman18

Yeah, that is a good point. We could create a group Steam account "Fellowship of the Bean" or something similar and add everybody as contributors, so we don't have to log into to it just to check stats and discussion.

That's precisely what I was going to suggest. But can a Steam account without a Don't Starve purchase upload mods to the Workshop?

Now that I think about it, don't we also face a similar issue on the forum release?

We do :razz:. So we'll need a "Fellowship of the Bean" forum account as well.

That's precisely what I was going to suggest. But can a Steam account without a Don't Starve purchase upload mods to the Workshop?

We do :razz:. So we'll need a "Fellowship of the Bean" forum account as well.

You know, that's a good question. I think so, since the upload tool is separate from Don't Starve. I could easily be mistaken, though.

You certainly work fast.

Yup, everything is already set up, I even found a simple solution to the issue of having to own Don't Starve to use the mod tools, that doesn't involve purchasing an additional copy of the game.