Sign in to follow this  
Riddling Sphinx

Charcoal: How do you get it?

Royal    11

The correct answer fellas is make a torch, click the torch, hover over tree. Then when you see it say "light" click and watch it burn! I'm assuming this is the actual underlying question as it bothered me forever.

Syd    233

And if you're having difficulty with the "starting the forest fire" part, try equipping a torch.

Edit: Gah, ninja'd.

And if you're having difficulty with the "starting the forest fire" part, try equipping a torch.

Edit: Gah, ninja'd.

I never noticed "light" as an option. I never seem to accidentally start forest fires either. Apparently all those Smokey the Bear ads worked really well on me.

ViVi    11

step 1 plant massive amounts of trees around the beefalo

step 2 let trees grow for max fire

step 3 light'em up >:)

501105    20

You could also do the same with planting trees but around spider nests. That way you get charcoal and rid the world of some spiders.

Royal    11

You can use the torch out of your inventory to attack the spider nest. This brings the spiders out and causes the den to burn up. The down side the den burning does cause the dropped silk and eggs to pop. However if you kite the spiders that aggro you can get some silk from them. It's not a great idea but the fact that it works tells me that some time Soon using the torch as a weapon may have an actual effect.