Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Maximus Dexius

Xbox 360 Pc Game Controller Not Working Properly - Please Help!!

Hi all,

Ok I have actually gone out and bought a new XBOX 360 Controller to figure this one out, I have also reinstalled Windows but I feel like this issue is from within the game itself.
When I made an x360ce profile the following happens

The start button on the controller which is the pause menu button is also acting out as the execute button.  For example the darts you use after you aim at a target and use the Y button to lock onto the target and once you have locked on you use the left trigger, the left trigger does not work at all and the key which is double assigned is the start button, the button to the right of the main middle X button in the middle of the controller,  so when I hit the start button it pauses and then shoots the darts is little bits but because its double assigned it also pauses then shoots the darts a little more etc.

The shooting of the darts or execute of the move is supposed to be the left trigger.

So this is my issue, its a brand new controller properly calibrated and everything works correctly but not in the game, the left trigger doesn't work at all and the start button acts as the pause button and the left trigger.

So I tried no x360ce profile and basically that screen goes to the top of the screen and the ninja goes to the left of the screen, so if I try and move the screen down using the right analog stick is comes to the top of the ninja, and if I move the ninja to the right, and I let the stick go he simply walks to the left and wants to keep moving to the left until he hits a wall.

If I go to the map which is the back button the map goes all the way to the left.  Its like the controller moves everything to the left including the actual screen position.  So b

Basically The controller which will do one of two things if I use x360ceasicall I can even see the ninja as the screen has moved above.

So to summarise, an x360ce profile makes the trigger not work and the start button be double assigned to pause and the left trigger and no profile, just the controller as per normal means the ninja moves to the left of the screen and the screen position is above the ninja.

I has also noticed that when I start the game the selections are cycling through as is the button is continually pressed down.

PLEASE HELP guys.....many thanks in advance

I wished that worrked, the only thing that the game is doing is the screen does not sit centre where the ninja is in the centre of the screen, the screen goes above the ninja and sits to the top left of him, also the map page the screen goes to the top left corner of any map.  Its like the controls are being dragged to the top left.  With or without the x360ce.

Please help guys this is driving me batty

Wade    309

I'll pass this info onto the programmers and see if they have any idea.

I should a wired Xbox 360 controller throughout the development phase, and never had an issue, but perhaps there could be issues with certain drivers.

XBigTK13X    0

I too am seeing triggers detected as always being pressed on Ubuntu 13.04. Windows 7 is working fine.

During the development of Aigilas, I found that the triggers on a wired Xbox 360 Controller output a different range of values when read on Linux vs what is output on Windows.

For example, the native code used by libgdx reported the trigger range on Windows to be [-1,0] but on Ubuntu it was [0,1]. Perhaps this problem is caused by a similar difference in output ranges?

If there is any other information that would be of use, please let me know how I can help.

Wade    309

For Linux, we are looking at some issue with controller functionality and hope to have a fix in the next 48 hours.