Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Armentia

[Simple] Everything Burns!

Armentia    6

One thing I like about Don't Starve, you can burn a bunch of things as fuel. One thing I don't like about Don't Starve, you can't burn everything (that's logically burnable). I've started a super simple mod for just adding in fuel values for those things that don't have them.

Todo; keep adding more items, refine fuel values to be.. realistic? favorable? I don't really know.

I'd like to expand this to have a chance of returning items that don't burn easily, such as burning a Ice Staff to get the Blue Gem back, but that's for another day when I'm not so damn busy.

Please give feedback, let me know what fuel values to change, what items I should add that I've overlooked. Any other suggestions absolutely welcome. 

Download it here!

tehMug    26

Good idea!  Small bug:  When you throw a tool on the fire, it first puts it in your hand inventory slot (removing whatever was in there first).

You should also get this over in the DownLoad section.

Armentia    6

Good idea!  Small bug:  When you throw a tool on the fire, it first puts it in your hand inventory slot (removing whatever was in there first).

You should also get this over in the DownLoad section.

Thanks for letting me know about the bug. That's one that will have to be on the backburner while I learn more about modding the system. It's also now on the Downloads section.

I've updated the mod to include most cooked foods (left out mandrake and tallbirdegg for specific reasons).

I've added a mod icon as well. It's just the graphic for the Fire_Pit but it's something, especially since I'm absolutely 0% art.