Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

TeoSS69

I Just Saw The Trailer For The Update So...

Spazmatic    1,033

What the... the old forums still exist?!

Yeah! It actually seems to be the place to look back at posts that have been missing from the new forums, like stuff from art threads and the bacon thread. At least some time back...

simplex    2,609

They are there for our nostalgic moments. Well mostly yours. Two months weren't that much...

If you check my join date, you'll see I became a member roughly 2 weeks before you. :razz:

But still I miss them.

Yeah! It actually seems to be the place to look back at posts that have been missing from the new forums, like stuff from art threads and the bacon thread. At least some time back...

This is quite unrelated, and I don't mean to derail, but I can't help wondering how it was before the changes for modding support in Insanity were made. Do you know how the game scripts were distributed? Were they in binary form?

And by the way, the term the game uses internally is "sanity creature". A bit boring, but it sure beats "hallucination".

Spazmatic    1,033

If you check my join date, you'll see I became a member roughly 2 weeks before you. :razz:

But still I miss them.

This is quite unrelated, and I don't mean to derail, but I can't help wondering how it was before the changes for modding support in Insanity were made. Do you know how the game scripts were distributed? Were they in binary form?

And by the way, the term the game uses internally is "sanity creature". A bit boring, but it sure beats "hallucination".

I believe it was the same as it is now, but since I lack the knowledge and experience of modding DS I cannot guarantee anything. May wanna ask a certain handsome person or a dark power for that one :)

simplex    2,609

I believe it was the same as it is now, but since I lack the knowledge and experience of modding DS I cannot guarantee anything. May wanna ask a certain handsome person or a dark power for that one :-)

They all was precopiled, that means they were in binary format and we had to use some uncompile exe for lua to read the scripts.

It's weird to think Klei would go through the trouble of compiling their scripts, huh.