Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

TeoSS69

I Just Saw The Trailer For The Update So...

Craig_Perry    764

MAKE THE DAMAGED CLOCKWORKS ATTACK THE NIGHTMARE MONSTERS!

Please!

heh I was thinking the same thing had 1 after me for ages and the clockwork was just looking at it like "huuurr duuurrr waaaat huuuh"

Craig_Perry    764

Weren't the shadows that attacked them in the firstplace? Or did their sensors just go kaput?

no idea, I assume either they are broken or have their own internal sanity meter

Spazmatic    1,033

After the trailer there's no more reason why they shouldn't attack nightmares with you, and it would make them more valuable aswell. Sure, they might be corrupted with the nightmare stuff, but if that would stop them even befriending them wouldn't help at all. And these are nightmares, they are not only drawn to the insane like the "normal" sanity creatures, so that is also no excuse to not let chess pieces attack nightmares :p

Spazmatic    1,033

On a gameplay point of view, they'd be less OP. Now i can clear the whole ancient biome with a couple friendlies and good evading skills, since the hostile ones target only you. While being able to attack nightmare might make them not survive to get to that biome at all.

Ah yes, that thing you've discovered. Quite a big exploit if you ask me, lol. (I was too busy just making chess friends and only attacked the ancient guardian, so his sporadic charging did not really show it)

When chess pieces are able to attack nightmares, it seems the bishop will finally be effective again, seeing how he is the ranged chess piece and potentially could keep some nightmares "stunlocked" so they can only re-appear somewhere else. Now this may seem OP but when there's 6 or even more trying to murder you and your friends, things can get messy...

I just want to say that i among with tons of Don't Starve okayers would be glad if in the next update Klei could add some more discoverable content such as the ancient ruins.....i know it is hard to make but all of us will be crazy :D

crazy=from happiness

I just want to say that i among with tons of Don't Starve okayers would be glad if in the next update Klei could add some more discoverable content such as the ancient ruins.....i know it is hard to make but all of us will be crazy :grin:

crazy=from happiness

PLayers*

darkenspirit    18

In my mind (haha)

The nightmares are part of the character's own inhibition and thusly the machines or outside viewers would not see them unless they were insane also. Seeing as how the chesspieces do not exhibit any conciousness, it makes sense they do not attack nightmares attacking you because to them it just looks like youre fighting the air.

Also this ties into my theory about the nightmare sword and armor. Considering the armor is made from nightmare stuff and paper, I always liked to think the armor was only in the mind of the person creating it. It never was actually there, much like how it protects against something thats never actually there. Its all caused by your sanity (why they drain sanity when you use it).

It ties very flavorfully that as you imagine the creatures to be more real, so real you create weapons to fight them, youre only delving more and more into madness as you swing at them with your log sword and defend against it with your paper armor.

Craig_Perry    764

Also this ties into my theory about the nightmare sword and armor. Considering the armor is made from nightmare stuff and paper, I always liked to think the armor was only in the mind of the person creating it. It never was actually there, much like how it protects against something thats never actually there. Its all caused by your sanity (why they drain sanity when you use it).

I had the same theory, till ruins and their night lights happened then everything I thought about the sanity/nightmare features was changed

Rabbitfist    454

I had the same theory, till ruins and their night lights happened then everything I thought about the sanity/nightmare features was changed

maybe the air on the islands is full of nightmare fuel floating invisible through the world, nd if you get insane this floating nightmare fuel connects into the hallucinations

Craig_Perry    764

maybe the air on the islands is full of nightmare fuel floating invisible through the world, nd if you get insane this floating nightmare fuel connects into the hallucinations

hmm little outlandish for my tastes, but I guess that could be a feasible theory with some polishing

darkenspirit    18

Why would it change? You are still very much in a world that has brazen laws. Dont you need a level of insanity and belief to enter the world Maxwell crafted for everyone already?

The real world the shadow beings were merely illusions. Reflections of what lied in the world Maxwell has found. The rabbits themselves exhibit the truest form of what I described above. You believe they are monsters that draw beard and nightmare fuel. The fact that after you break a certain sanity level and they instantly transform before your very eyes says it.

Nightmare fuel is simply something you believe in. The shadow manipulator is sometihng you believe in to make the items you believe to be real.

Its the old Plato's Cave theory again. How do we not know the Ruins do not display those beasts to only you? The bunnymen do not see them if you take them down there. Everything that we know to be real becomes evil when your sanity breaks. When youre crazy every movement looks like something is after you, maybe you panic and enrage them. How come the cave spiders do not interact with them? The monkeys ignore them. Its obvious they are created only to come after you and you alone. That gives me enough suspicion they are your own mind's creation and land and everything around you are made to cause you to do it.

Or you know. I could be wrong :p

Craig_Perry    764

Why would it change? You are still very much in a world that has brazen laws. Dont you need a level of insanity and belief to enter the world Maxwell crafted for everyone already?

The real world the shadow beings were merely illusions. Reflections of what lied in the world Maxwell has found. The rabbits themselves exhibit the truest form of what I described above. You believe they are monsters that draw beard and nightmare fuel. The fact that after you break a certain sanity level and they instantly transform before your very eyes says it.

Nightmare fuel is simply something you believe in. The shadow manipulator is sometihng you believe in to make the items you believe to be real.

Its the old Plato's Cave theory again. How do we not know the Ruins do not display those beasts to only you? The bunnymen do not see them if you take them down there. Everything that we know to be real becomes evil when your sanity breaks. When youre crazy every movement looks like something is after you, maybe you panic and enrage them. How come the cave spiders do not interact with them? The monkeys ignore them. Its obvious they are created only to come after you and you alone. That gives me enough suspicion they are your own mind's creation and land and everything around you are made to cause you to do it.

Or you know. I could be wrong :razz:

I did like that theory but I guess we will have to wait and see for the true explanation to come to light, if it ever does for that matter

Rabbitfist    454

hmm little outlandish for my tastes, but I guess that could be a feasible theory with some polishing

it could

what i liked on the update trailer is how the damaged knight jumped and then attacked at such a fast speed, i think they should make  jump kick like the spider warrior

Spazmatic    1,033

Damn this H-word, damn it to hell along with the Wikipedia! They are NOT hallucinations. Both the nightmare and sanity variety. Here, look at the archives! http://oldforums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?9402-Feb-12-Update-Insanity!&highlight=insanity And I quote:

Low sanity is not fatal, but strange creatures from another time and place are attracted to madness.

So get your lore, get your lore whilst it's still fresh!

simplex    2,609

Damn this H-word, damn it to hell along with the Wikipedia! They are NOT hallucinations. Both the nightmare and sanity variety. Here, look at the archives! http://oldforums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?9402-Feb-12-Update-Insanity!&highlight=insanity And I quote:

So get your lore, get your lore whilst it's still fresh!

What the... the old forums still exist?!