Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

johnsnake71

Where Is The Rest Of The Tentacles?

Doctor H. Derp    283

I just kind of assumed they weren't implemented yet.

I am excited to see just what changes as we go deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole.

I wonder if we'll ever go lower passed the ruins now that lava caves have been called off... :(

Shoggoth    177

Originally I figured the tentacles were all connected to a singular Lovecraftian creature, but after Ruins were released and we encountered Thulecite I began considering another possibility: the "roots" of the tentacles are actually massive Thulecite deposits. The Thulecite club summons shadow tentacles afterall, so perhaps larger bodies of Thulecite cause these to coalesce into a larger more tangible form. The thulecite deposits may not have cavernous regions, or possibly the pillars we see in the ruins are the Thulecite from which they emerge (though that wouldn't make as much sense since the pillars down there are relatively spread out compared to the density of tentapillars).

Then again, unless I'm mistaken, the entrance to the ruins can never occur in the tentapillar garden, so perhaps the idea is that the ruins don't intersect the lower portion of the tentacles.

zazori    79

2013-08-15_00004_zpsad0233d6.jpg

What about those slimy pillars in the ruins. What the hell are those?

Are you talking about that?I'm surprised no one thought about'em.

zazori    79

Yep, those. I'm really curios to what the hell those are.

I think that those are the real bottom,it makes sense to me.

But you can't attack them.It's really strange.

darkenspirit    18

Honestly I had no idea what to make of those pillars. I assumed they were caved in sand columns that were wet and dried like that. Like stalactites and stalagmites.

Battal    9,883

Good point there.That also ends with the theories of the end being inside the pillars.

My theory was not that they ended in the pillars, just that they continued.

zazori    79

why i can't blow the pillars up with gunpowder?

Who said you can't?If you detonate gunpowder 100 times in the ruins,press w,w,a,a,s,a,d,w,a,d,f,g( in that order) in less than 10 seconds while it's about to start a night with full moon you will unlock the crafting recipe for the nuke,wich costs 30 gunpowder,2 mewtos and one beefalo horn.Detonate it and you will blow everything,including the pillars.