September 10Th Preview Discussion (Updated Sept 9Th)

Bryce

• Developer

360 controllers are like the most compatible with everything, so chances are really high.

I'm developing it with a wired 360 controller. It *should* work with any USB controller, but you'll probably have to do some button remapping. The hint icons will only make sense if it's the 360 controller, sadly, but that's kind of unavoidable.

No,so you can just make one turret for world.The turret is destructible,so...let's hope that it will be changed in some way(or that you can repair the turret with deerclops' eye)

K well, I'm going to have to explore another cave and kill another minotaur after the update... -.-

Yes, you can use the items in combination to generate a reasonable amount of thulecite. However, you are still incurring a cost by doing this. That cost is your green gem items. Given that green gems are a rare and finite resource, the fact that you can gain additional resources using this method is fine.

So is it on the table for thulecite walls to be repaired with thulecite instead of rocks? Right now that's exploitable to create limitless thulecite.

Bug Reports!

-Placing a chest next to a placed structure (tent, hut, machine) will vanish after returning from caves.

(not entirely verified since I'm using mods, but I suggest you check it out.)

-Save & Quit when you're in the phase before hounds attack you keeps it stuck in that phase, leaving you unable to use your tent/rest because it's "too dangerous".  Been stuck in "too dangerous" for about 5 days in-game, even after entering and leaving a cave.

-Have to reset the game each time you save & quit to load up again.

-All HUD mods do not work, instantly crash and is indicated as a crash in the mod list.

-Left clicking on another pig after giving berries to a follower pig crashes. (100% True)

Verified that 90% of the mods available still function and work as intended.

Edited by Haku Wuffamute

Wow okay the map movement speed when dragging by mouse needs to recalibrated like ten thousand times over please and thank you I feel like it's trying to tell me I ma not allowed to use the map

Yeah, I also noticed this. Mouse dragging is super sensitive.

@Bryce

There are two bugs in widgets/controls.lua causing a crash in case-sensitive filesystems:

local SavingIndicator = require "widgets/SavingIndicator"local UIClock = require "widgets/uiclock"local MapScreen = require "screens/mapscreen"local StatusDisplays = require "widgets/StatusDisplays"
SavingIndicator and StatusDisplays should be lowercase.

i have found an error with the Mino-Clopper, it refuses to attack unless attacked first, or you are standing in front of the enemy, so it's pretty much totally useless because it doesn't act like a turret.

i think the problem is because it has to face the enemy with the eye, and it refuses to attack unless it is attacked first, or the eye is facing that way.

Infinite light source when attached to a bunny. Great...

no, that's what they did before, the code looks like they are supposed to do damage over time to bunnymen and pigmen, but they have it set to false, so i don't get what that's about.

Still cannot comprehend the reason for a day/night cycle in the first cave layer. When it happened I thought/hoped it was a bug, sadly it wasn't. Caves just gotten even easier, yet the ruins got a bit more fun with the ability to get friendly chess pieces. An utter shame they do not follow you to the above world and they instantly become agressive once you come back to them after leaving the ruins. It ruins their potential greatly.

• Like 1

Seriously just leave them as perma night and use the glowing lichen idea from Palp to justify the lights.

or just remove them all except for the one you come in through, in which case, it should be at it's darkest, like the current cave dusk.

I assume you can even have working beeboxes down there now, and pigs for lots of manure.

Well, you already could before. But it was a bit exploity, since you were taking advantage of the beebox's "entitysleep" callback (which doesn't work anymore, since there is dusk in caves).

How could i do that? harvest honey and get them to come out? Didn't they just go back in the hive?

You would just get away from them. If you were around, no honey would be produced because bees wouldn't come out. However, when bee boxes are outside the "active radius", they produce honey passively, at the rate of 1 piece of honey per day* (the amount of flowers around doesn't matter, there doesn't have to be any). Getting near them resets production, though, (as does the start of dusk) so you'd have to stay away for at least one full game day to see the effects. This is a very weird mechanic, since on the surface this often doesn't work (since dusk resets production, it only works when the bright portion of the day is sufficiently long). Also, once dusk has resetted it, it doesn't go on at dawn automatically, so you need to keep "poking" them by getting near once per day. Caves were actually the ideal setting for using this honey production method, since the lack of dusk allowed you to just leave them there and go back when they were full.

* The duration is actually the base "day" (bright) length of a full game day, but since dusk resets it you get at most 1 piece per full day.

EDIT: The duration is that of the bright portion of the day, not of a full day. I fixed the text.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 2