September 10Th Preview Discussion (Updated Sept 9Th)

Bryce

4 caves in a world. 1 ruin for each cave. Right? 

I'd rather they make the delay shorter. Besides you already made it that all it needs is a deerclops eye to work again; that's a little too much damage...

it has a three second delay, if this was 0 seconds, and buffed to 100, then it would be good enough, i can still kill a spider and be on another in the time it takes to shoot.

so 100 sounds better if it has all the other changes.

Meh, depends on the animation delay really if you set it to 0. But if not, and they turn into an electric chain-gun then the delay needs to be like 2 seconds.

animation is always the same speed, delay means "i have finished my attacking animation, now i will wait this many seconds to attack again".

EDIT: i would like to add, that the turret should attack any enemy on the screen on it's own.

Edited by SVGK

@Bryce if  I craft a Thulecite Suit with half the materials required using a Green Amulet, i can use the Green Staff to get back double the thulecite used. Isn't this an exploit?

That wouldn't be an exploit that'd be clever use of resources. And besides, the green amulet only halves the cost of your essentials.

What do you mean "essentials"?I didn't know how rare the green gems were.

Essentials like torches, campfires, your standard axe/pickaxe/other tools, sleeping bags I beleive, maybe the backpack...

I think it might work on grass armor and a couple of structures too? It's mainly the stuff that's nearly impossible to go without, the stuff that's iconic to wilderness survival. It's really useful halving the cost of torches without any grass under the ground let me tell ya.

Essentials like torches, campfires, your standard axe/pickaxe/other tools, sleeping bags I beleive, maybe the backpack...

I think it might work on grass armor and a couple of structures too? It's mainly the stuff that's nearly impossible to go without, the stuff that's iconic to wilderness survival. It's really useful halving the cost of torches without any grass under the ground let me tell ya.

Just tried it and it works on Thulecite Suit. Is this changing with the new update? And if not. Are you really going to use the Green Amulet to make a torch?! Really?! Edited by TeoSS69

Just tried it and it works on Thulecite Suit. Is this changing with the new update? And if not. Are you really going to use the Green Amulet to make a torch?! Really?!

Yes. Under the ground. Where there's no grass. It's a backup measure, for when you're out of energy and need to last longer on low material. The way I see it, it's a survival thing, not a convenience thing. Sort of like a very indirect form of armor.

Obviously you're never going to use it for torches above ground or on the first level of caves. But the materia for anything other than a lantern is very rare in the ruins.

The way I saw it that's there you're intended to use it is long-term/deep-level expeditions to the caves. Probably there's not even going to be light bulb blooms in the ice caves. The lava ones might glow though... Speaking of, has anyone tried to use the telelocator staff as an emergency exit? Can it find a telelocator focus on another map?

I think the Thulecite Suit may be that it works on armor all the way up, which is certainly handy with high tiers. 

The way I saw it that's there you're intended to use it is long-term/deep-level expeditions to the caves. Probably there's not even going to be light bulb blooms in the ice caves. The lava ones might glow though...

There won't be anyomore cave levels...

Also,there's an absurd amount of light flowers down there.Why even bother crafting torches?.

Edited by zazori

I think you need to catch up with the changes to the game...And if i can get to the ruins and be able to craft a green gem torches aren't a problem anymore, you have light flowers down there for the lantern.

Alright then mister smart guy, what would you use the amulet for?

Surely you'll never have use for 100 suits of armor, so what else genius?

what would you use the amulet for?

Surely you'll never have use for 100 suits of armor, so what else genius?

The amulet just has 5 uses before it rans out(and it's almost impossible to find enough gems to craft staff and amulet twice),so I'll rather turn 3 thulecite into 18 and be able to craft more thulecite related things than craft torches with just one cutted grass/twigs.