Sign in to follow this  
Draken193

Hounds!!

Draken193    10

Hello , can somebody tell me how can i escape from hunds ? At the 4th day i was attacked by 2 and i killed them , but at day 10 i was attacked by 4 and i died .

Bogpad    21

the longer you play, the more and more often hounds will spawn and try to eat your tasty meat, so sadly, you can not escape from them, you can only face them and try to not get killed.

there are several strategies to avoid beeing killed by them though, camp near pigs or beefalos to have them help you figthing them, distract them with meat/monster meat., make a logsuit and a spear to fight them, place a pighouse in your camp if you don't want to live near their villages, lure them into the swamp and have them killed by tentacles, place beemines, ..., pre-nerv, it was also possible to have walls of trees, but that does not work anymore.

Draken193    10
the longer you play, the more and more often hounds will spawn and try to eat your tasty meat, so sadly, you can not escape from them, you can only face them and try to not get killed.

there are several strategies to avoid beeing killed by them though, camp near pigs or beefalos to have them help you figthing them, distract them with meat/monster meat., make a logsuit and a spear to fight them, place a pighouse in your camp if you don't want to live near their villages, lure them into the swamp and have them killed by tentacles, place beemines, ..., pre-nerv, it was also possible to have walls of trees, but that does not work anymore.

ok , but if they attack me at night , alone ?

JerrBear10    10

I have two that randomly came in the middle of the night. If you just keep running around, they wont be able to hit you

Edit: easy way to kill them, wait til the chomp then attack. Only took 3 hits with a spear to kill him

Edited by JerrBear10

Little Teemo    15

i would wear log suit at night and drop my backpack and equip my spear, make sure u keep fueling ur fire and when they attack, u can just kite/hit them around ur camp/....log suit helps a lotttttt

- - - Updated - - -

i would wear log suit at night and drop my backpack and equip my spear, make sure u keep fueling ur fire and when they attack, u can just kite/hit them around ur camp/....log suit helps a lotttttt

Aerow    10

If it is the day time just lead them to other mobs like pigmen or beefalos

If it is the night, keep running in circles around your campfire :S

really not worth fighting the hounds unless you are experienced in kiting them since they WILL kill you. and if you are playing as Wendy, let Abigail do the killing for you.

Dijad    10

They generally come one at a time in my experience, stacking up if you dont kill them promptly. Let it chomp, then quickly move in and kill each one before the next closes and you should be fine.

Farm for spiky bats in the daytime.(this is from tentacles. I do this by placing spider eggs near tentacle sites and watch them fight in the evening.

Stay at your home base and drop ur bag. Wear your log suits and headgear to protect yourself.

with the tentacle bat it will take 3 hits to kill 1 hound. averaging about 0-1 hits to yourself. I found this out accidently. If you place monster meat around your base they ill go after it first and you can get a few hits off before they aggro you.

Stay away from ur grass plots or trees as fire hounds will burn them and cause urn damage to u if u r wilson.

Good luck and have fun :)

Aerow    10
Farm for spiky bats in the daytime.(this is from tentacles. I do this by placing spider eggs near tentacle sites and watch them fight in the evening.

Stay at your home base and drop ur bag. Wear your log suits and headgear to protect yourself.

with the tentacle bat it will take 3 hits to kill 1 hound. averaging about 0-1 hits to yourself. I found this out accidently. If you place monster meat around your base they ill go after it first and you can get a few hits off before they aggro you.

Stay away from ur grass plots or trees as fire hounds will burn them and cause urn damage to u if u r wilson.

Good luck and have fun :)

Fire damage is done to all characters except Willow.

Ok I found a perfect way to kill hounds.

Begin preparations when you hear the warning barks.

First put a piece a meat on the ground.

When you see the first hound run behind the meat such that the meat is between you and the hound.

The hound will go for the meat first and this will allow you to kill the hound before he gets to you.

You can put more meat on the ground if you are unsure.

You will be able to kill the first hound before the second one comes.

Hopefully the hound has not eaten the meat on the ground

Even if he does it will leave behind meat of his own when it dies so just hide behind that meat when the next one comes.

You should be able to get away clean without a single damage with this technique .

One tip is to keep as close to the meat as you can to get more hits off. Should be no problem if you are using a spiked bat/spear

Skull    77

It's not hard when your ready to fight them. Listen for their howls before they come to attack you. Made a video fight them off.

karetsos    10

if the hounds come at night, just sleep through the night and the morning lead them near a spider nest. poke the spider nest and let hounds and spiders talk to eachother