Nov 30 Hotfix

Kevin

Great job so far guys. I've already sunk many many hours into the game so far.

Best part is setting up a sweet base of operations that can sustain you with all the bells and whistles! Maybe we can have some sort of Golden Armor in the near future to go up again some bigger baddies?

Great job so far guys. I've already sunk many many hours into the game so far.

Best part is setting up a sweet base of operations that can sustain you with all the bells and whistles! Maybe we can have some sort of Golden Armor in the near future to go up again some bigger baddies?

Don't need anything like that now, the logsuit has been made useful again. slap a football helmet on with it and take out who you need to take out.

Regarding the latest hotfix, I'm loving the balance changes. Everything feels 'right.' I always felt some costs seemed a little over the top, traps for instance, and the reduction in cost and wear-n-tear makes them much more appealing, especially in the early game.

The logsuit being corrected has been my favorite change, I didn't like that it blocked all damage and really felt it was underpowered when it was changed, so far so good on that front.

I like this hotfix. I did find it a bit to easy to have a large amount of farmed grass if you were in a area without beefalo. This will make the decision of making a grass farm in such a area a important one.Not to mention it will make a person who starts in a non beefalo area(like in my world) want to go out and explore. Any chance some of the food items will be tweaked? Currently turkey legs hardly fill you but if you eat meat morsels or even cooked berries they fill you up much more.Something that I think is sorta odd since its a big turkey leg we are talking about. Keep them great changes coming no complaints so far. Also thank you for making traps have a valid use.With them being able to last longer and cost a lil less to make,makes them worth using.

So... anyone put some hours into this build yet? I'm curious how you're finding the actual balance.

Quite a few, but I'm afraid it's the early stages over and over again, due to the "not saving" bug.

I'm still a bit concerned about the utility of berry bush transplanting. Perhaps it should take several days of growth before berries can be harvested again? Manure isn't really a limiting factor.

Well I have been playing it a lot. I suppose i'll nit pick it in a list:

- traps can be used 10 times instead of 5: But you still don't need them if you stand on a rabbit hole and their pathing directs them into your hands. I think rabbits should completely avoid you unless you use a trap. Killing 1 puts them all in their holes. They should stay that way for a good while to teach you to use traps.

- pig houses take 3 days to rebuild a dead pig: Is this only when you build a pig house? Cause it isn't functioning on already built houses or new generated worlds. Pigs come out every morning to a slaughter of infinite food exploiting. Pigs shouldn't be a go to food source just because they have no consequences like farm plots/berries.

- pigs drop either a meat or a pigskin (75%-25% split): Seems like it's working as intended. Personally i think pigs need an even lower chance to drop both or the 3 days to respawn every time you kill them should be put into effect for already made houses.

- logs 75 second fires: I'm not sure if it was intentional but 2 logs go from semi-fire to full over burning fire? It only takes 2 logs to last a full night and a half it seems. Isn't that just making things much easier on us? I kind of miss the fire progression of seeing all burning stages.

All other changes i'm really loving as i've said before. :D Good work.

Edited by Joyousterror

Well I have been playing it a lot. I suppose i'll nit pick it in a list:

- traps can be used 10 times instead of 5: But you still don't need them if you stand on a rabbit hole and their pathing directs them into your hands. I think rabbits should completely avoid you unless you use a trap. Killing 1 puts them all in their holes. They should stay that way for a good while to teach you to use traps.

- pig houses take 3 days to rebuild a dead pig: Is this only when you build a pig house? Cause it isn't functioning on already built houses or new generated worlds. Pigs come out every morning to a slaughter of infinite food exploiting. Pigs shouldn't be a go to food source just because they have no consequences like farm plots/berries.

- pigs drop either a meat or a pigskin (75%-25% split): Seems like it's working as intended. Personally i think pigs need an even lower chance to drop both or the 3 days to respawn every time you kill them should be put into effect for already made houses.

- logs 75 second fires: I'm not sure if it was intentional but 2 logs go from semi-fire to full over burning fire? It only takes 2 logs to last a full night and a half it seems. Isn't that just making things much easier on us? I kind of miss the fire progression of seeing all burning stages.

All other changes i'm really loving as i've said before. :D Good work.

Traps are awesome!

Yes pighouses were nerfed to make it harder to sustain urself on just pigs. U just need more pighouses now, which makes me think, the eventual goal for the midgame that still needs to be added, IS to ahve a selfsufficient base. It should just be harder. And ur right, the change was in the patchnotes, but didnt take effect. Any pighouse still spawns a pig every day. They will fix it.

The log change was made because people relied too much on grass for alot of things including the campfire. The campfire could burn all nite and longer on like 10 grass. If u needed the biggest campfire all night it would be like 16-18 grass. And that can be plucked from the replanted grass tufts that ppl clump up next to their campfire. Like a hundred tufts takes almost no space and allowed ppl to collect it at night when they have less stuff to do. Now with this change it actually doesnt take longer anymore to chop 2 wood in the time u harvest 20 grass, BUT wood STILL requires the use of a tool, while grass does not. Thats why logs are now so potent.

Yeah, going through one entire, full-sized tree (4 logs) per night was a bit silly, although it did pretty much guarantee that you were going to burn through a fair amount of Flint (for the axes) and eventually anger at least one Optimus Pine.

On the other hand, not having to grind/chop down half a forest every couple of days just to feed a single Fire Pit is a nice change.