or.. just not make this game easier

don't make this game as easy as minecraft. ;/

"

-recipe changes to reduce grass usage

-Axe, pickaxe (and gold equivalents) last a bit longer

-Grass gives 22.5 seconds of light

-Logs give 75 seconds of light

"

Oh god I love this fix, really changes the way I play my game cause I rely on farms and a lil cooking. Nice to see the devs being active at all times.

If I pronounce your username right it sounds as if you are a boy, because "Teemo" (spelled "Timo") in Germany is a boy's name. Thus I was a bit confused if I compared you writing style and your username. I guess I will call you Little Pengu :p

Call her Beaver warrior.

I'm super happy about this hotfix. That change to grass is exactly the thing I wanted to see. I love how quickly you guys react to player concerns. Keep up the good work!

ok.. but now time to balance this and make game harder. ]:->

or.. just not make this game easier

don't make this game as easy as minecraft. ;/

"

-recipe changes to reduce grass usage

-Axe, pickaxe (and gold equivalents) last a bit longer

-Grass gives 22.5 seconds of light

-Logs give 75 seconds of light

"

Check the thread about their roadmap to release. They have some surprises in store to make the game considerably harder as you progress. They're only now getting around to midgame content, but there's plenty of opportunities to die horribly ahead of us.

PIGS

• pig houses take 3 days to rebuild a dead pig
  • pigs drop either a meat or a pigskin (75%-25% split)
  • pigs, spider, and hounds can eat pigskins

Oh man. Gonna have to quadruple the size of my concentration camp to compensate for this :p. And start picking up some of that pigskin lying around before the pigs get to it.

ahh i added u on steam Grow XD, and u can call me Teemo or as Aerow stated"beaver warrior" XD (long story) would love to chat with u on steam sometime......Teemo is a hero in Leagur of Legend

- - - Updated - - -

ahh i added u on steam Grow XD, and u can call me Teemo or as Aerow stated"beaver warrior" XD (long story) would love to chat with u on steam sometime......Teemo is a hero in Leagur of Legend

So... anyone put some hours into this build yet? I'm curious how you're finding the actual balance.

After 3-ish hours, it seems very promising:

Manure is no longer the end-all, be-all resource. Do you still need some? Sure. Is it all-important any more? No.

Making widely-spaced Pig Houses and then "farming" the residents every morning is now no longer the end-all, be-all Food Surplus Tactic. Is it still do-able? Sure, but you need to make more Pig Houses AND you get fewer drops per Pig Man.

Farming is much, much better. With 3-5 Speedy or Turbo plots, you can grow a lot more fruit and veggies with a lot less Manure... just keep an eye out for live birds to startle, in order to keep your Seed count up. The smart farmer will be able to combine farm plots with the aforementioned Pig Man "farming" and a little Bee Box raiding in order to make both "fill me up" food and "heal me nao" food (ideally from 2-4 strategically-placed Crock Pots).

I find the Chest changes to be very strange. The lack of collision is bizarre (although I know you did it to prevent Chest Walls/Barricades). On top of that, the fact that they're able to be squeezed more tightly together, along with the reduction to the materials needed to make them, AND the recent capacity increase, makes it feel like you're promoting base-building. "Here, set up a Fire Pit, some Farms, some Crock Pots, and a bazillion Chests! It won't even cost you that many Boards any more!" Not sure if intentional or just overlooked.

Weapons and Armor (Pigskin Helmets and Log Suits in particular) needing fewer Ropes/Grass is great. Before, it felt like every time you took a hit from a hostile enemy, you were basically doing Grass Math in your head: "Oh great, the Log Suit is down to 24%, every 3.33 (repeating, of course)% lost is another Grass since each rope is 8 grass, therefore..." Now, it's less of a big deal, and it makes Logs and Boards more important, and Grass less vital. All to the good, that.

Pigs still respawn every single morning. This is the second time you've claimed that Pigs will no longer spawn from every house at the start of every new day, but whatever you're doing... it's not working. I can still do my "four house Pig run" every morning for 3-4 Meat and 0-1 Pig Skins. Maybe the change isn't affecting pre-existing Pig Houses or something goofy like that?

In any case, these changes all seem perfectly reasonable and promote more varied ways of getting yourself some grub. The increased importance of Farm Plots (and, by extension, a majority of Crock Pot recipes) and decreased reliance on Pig-dropped Meat is great, and keeps "kill all piggies when there aren't enough nearby swarm you" from being the Most Optimal Strategy Ever.

Also, 2 balance change Hotfixes in 2 days? You guys are awesome. This game is worth so much more than $8, even in this early Beta stage with half it's content missing. I've already sunk many late nights into it, and I'm still coming back for more. "Oh, I still need to explore that little corner of the map waaaaaay over there." "Hrm, I really want to hunt all the Tentacles in the Northern Swamp to extinction so I can walk through that part of the map without getting randomly mauled." "Oooh, how did I miss those 2 Beehives way out east? I need another Bee Box, time to mount an Excursion!"

I'm in agreement with most of what Marak has said in regards to it, as well as noticing that pigmen still respawn every day (even in a new map/newly built hut, so it's not just pre-existing ones having the issue); I wouldn't be surprised if there's some overlooked code that's forcing them to respawn every day, even if the actual respawn time is longer.

• Developer

Oooooh. I get it. Pigs come out of their house every morning if they went into it. They are just sleeping / chaining themselves to the bed and turning into a werepig for the night.

If one dies, it should take three days for him to resurrect.

Oooooh. I get it. Pigs come out of their house every morning if they went into it. They are just sleeping / chaining themselves to the bed and turning into a werepig for the night.

If one dies, it should take three days for him to resurrect.

That's the thing though, I set up a Pig Hut off away from my others (to make sure I wasn't killing the wrong one), killed the pig there, and they still came out the next morning, did a few more times, and still happened.

Just so uno, imo with these adjustments to grass uses u can probably make it roughly 5 a cycle. i have no idea, however, what your end game plan is, just saying since u guys will probably nerf it again with 20 times being quite alot :D

and TY for being awesome.

Making widely-spaced Pig Houses and then "farming" the residents every morning is now no longer the end-all, be-all Food Surplus Tactic. Is it still do-able? Sure, but you need to make more Pig Houses AND you get fewer drops per Pig Man.

If my calculations are correct you need about 9 pig houses to sustain yourself on the bacon alone (well after they fix the gooby code that keeps letting them respawn every morning). The highest pre-generated village I've seen had 8 so if one is determined to live off bacon they'll have to build at least 1 extra house, and spend half a day every 3 days killing them off. In my opinion this is pretty balanced, people should be rewarded somewhat for a more risky method of obtaining food. Can't wait to see what possibilities beefalo breeding will bring :D

sorry for my bad english

-) tools lasting longer is good but needing less material is bad as it should take some effort to make things.

-) 20 cycles for grass from fertilizing is way to long half it to 10

-) higher respawn time for pigs is excellent

-) the new randomness of drops from pigs should be extended to all drops and collection activities (trees, grass, bushes, monsters, etc.) ex: you kill 4 bunnies and can get everything from 0 - 8 pieces of meat from this and so force you to plan ahead more

i just realized something....is there anyway we could have an option to move certain things like the science machine or the fire pit without breaking them? no farm or plants anything like that, just somethng realistic....when i want to reorganize my base, it waste a lot of my resorces reaking them down....=/......and anothe question, can island spawn rocks or flint? im running out of hem on my island =/...what happen if i ran out T^T...

...and anothe question, can island spawn rocks or flint? im running out of hem on my island =/...what happen if i ran out T^T...

That's what the Gold/Deluxe/Opulent tools are for. Eventually you should have enough gold from Mining/Pig King to simply "graduate" to Gold tools and forget about the Flint ones. They changed it so that the Gold tools last a bit longer than they did after the Nov. 29th Patch, plus they take about half as much gold per tool now so... make some!

Liking these changes, though maybe 20 uses is a bit much for the grass? 10-15 perhaps? Quick question about the pigs though. The notes say 3 days to respawn but is this only counting pig houses the player built? Because I just started a new game this morning and I moved next to a pig village (which I tend to do). Anywho - these pigs are respawning the next day. I run over to the village, kill 'em then run off to do my business elsewhere. Go home, wait out the night cooking or whatnot, come back to the pig village the next day and there they are again.

I haven't tested the update with houses I've built as I have two pig villages and there's no need for me to make my own. I'll give it a try later this evening though and report back with ze findings.

I have yet to play with this new update, but from what I see it looks solid. Would change 1 or two things just looking at the numbers:

-Agree with the other posts that 20 cycles is a bit high for grass. 10 cycles per fertilization is plenty.

-Farm plots coming in at max fertilization when built seems a bit broken, especially when you just halved the fertilization building cost. Would make more sense to have them come in with the amount of fertilization that comes in to building the farm plot. Otherwise I could see a lot of people building the speedy farms and breaking them down to build new ones rather than fertilize them by hand to max.

Now gonna go load up my game so I can play :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - now that I have had a chance to play i see now that fertilizer adds 10 to a plot. This number also seems high considering how abundant the resource is. I think 5 would be a good number: enough to need to have some on hand, but not too much where you lose a day harvesting poo.

Edited by Abyss
update after playing with new fixes

I have yet to play with this new update, but from what I see it looks solid. Would change 1 or two things just looking at the numbers:

-Agree with the other posts that 20 cycles is a bit high for grass. 10 cycles per fertilization is plenty.

-Farm plots coming in at max fertilization when built seems a bit broken, especially when you just halved the fertilization building cost. Would make more sense to have them come in with the amount of fertilization that comes in to building the farm plot. Otherwise I could see a lot of people building the speedy farms and breaking them down to build new ones rather than fertilize them by hand to max.

Now gonna go load up my game so I can play :)

While you'd think that would save resources, it doesn't. Each manure gives 10 uses to a farm plot now, and as a speedy farm plot takes 4 manure to build and can hold a max of 20 uses, you'd use up the same amount of manure either way.

Liking these changes, though maybe 20 uses is a bit much for the grass? 10-15 perhaps? Quick question about the pigs though. The notes say 3 days to respawn but is this only counting pig houses the player built? Because I just started a new game this morning and I moved next to a pig village (which I tend to do). Anywho - these pigs are respawning the next day. I run over to the village, kill 'em then run off to do my business elsewhere. Go home, wait out the night cooking or whatnot, come back to the pig village the next day and there they are again.

I haven't tested the update with houses I've built as I have two pig villages and there's no need for me to make my own. I'll give it a try later this evening though and report back with ze findings.

I made a thread about that in the bugforums. Selfmade pighouses also respawn every day, the nerf is not working as intended. The other pigrelated changes work fine. They mostly drop 1 meat, sometimes 1 pigskin.