Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

man

[Gameplay] Lucy Stuck Floating In The Air After Woodie Transformation.

man    10

Please choose a category
*Pick the option that fits the issue the most. Ideally use this in your thread title aswell*

[Gameplay]

Platform
* Pick your platform. For instance, standalone on Mac is also possible.*

• [*]
Steam

Do you use mods?

yes, but only mods that add new characters and doesn't modify vanilla ones, and I wasn't using a mod character

Version Number

Issue title

Lucy stuck floating in the ar after Woodie transformation.

Steps to reproduce

I have a feeling this is just somthing with a chance to happen or that happened due to a coincidence and will be hard to reproduce, but here's what I did. Enter Maxwell's door as Woodie, and transform on the first day. Spend two days as a beaver, and transform back. Return to Lucy. When I did so, she was floating above the floor and I couldn't pick her up.

Describe your issue

I discovered Maxwell's Door as Woodie. On the first day, I chopped enough tree to transform. I went around the land for a couple of days, gnawing up some resources to collect later. I didn't notice if she was floating when I was transformed. When I transformed back, I went a little bit south back to where I transformed at, to find my items laying about as they should be, and Lucy floating higher than Woodie's head. Clicking on her and holding space near her both just left Woodie's sprite twitching furiously under her. She gave occassional dialogue clips as though she were laying about per usual, (and wow some of those are heartbreaking, especially when you're physically inable to pick her up.)

I had the same problem, except I had transformed near a fire pit and the items were stuck above the structure. I managed to get the items back by demolishing the fire pit and then reloading the game so the items would fall down.

Wade    293

Hmm, okay, I'll have to talk with the designers to see what we can do about this. When the item fountain occurs, the items are launched up in the air, and as a result can land on top of structures.

As mentioned, breaking down the structures will usually cause the items above to fall to the ground.

Chyre    4

I think this is a more general problem than just Woodie/Lucy.  I'm also seeing gold thrown out by the Pig King get stuck on top of obelisks, and rotten eggs left by pengulls get stuck on top of trees.

As a partial work-around, removing the structure, saving, and reloading will bring the stuck item back to ground level.

Wade    293

We've had a couple people specifically mention the Pig King and the Obelisks. I'll pass the information onto the programmers and have them fix the issue again.